Sabotage Feature

DeletedUser2258

Samuri I don't know in what worlds you play and how much experience do you have with sabotage but where I am playing players around 50k points were forced to quit bec of mass sabotage.

"If what you are describing is true it has to be a bug no questions about it" -if this is the first time you hear about this you clearly don't have lot of experience with the whole sabotage system and the fact that you say that 2 players attacking one is the most you have ever seen is just proves you lack of experience.

"I'm sorry but trying to make this game so your punny one village can hold up to 20 or more attackers is a waste of time so stop whining about that" -from where did you get these numbers? I think you must be confusing me with someone else, I never wrote such things.

"Now stop coming up with insignificant complaints to argue about and find something useful to add or simply wait for the problem to be solved but nothing will be gained by this broke record crap." - I had quite a few ideas which I posted in the ideas and suggestions thread and it seems the developers are planning to implement it so I have no idea what are you talking about (again)

DeletedUser924

I've heard about it when it was first sent in as a bug. And have much experience with sabotage as i use it all the time. Of course its made people quit. but i've made people with 50K quit just with troops so that's not that hard. btw i'm 300K and still growing. I've won many worlds in the old version been here a long time. since the end of beta on TW. My point was made above that using it on equal size targets just results in mutual destruction. and Of course i think the feature needs some nerfing but that has already been established. We can moan about it all day or we can provide feedback on the solution and wait. i vote the later.

DeletedUser2258

"We can moan about it all day or we can provide feedback on the solution and wait" - I have already did that as I stated above.

gencyde1

In this game - in an era where battles are fought with honor and glory by going face-to-face, hand in hand combat - the devs provided us with a new feature. In my view, I see Sabotage as like a " oh gosh, why fight using swords and spears when you can send this kamikazee dude and set things aflame. It wont kill troops but it will kill the player's soul for sure".

Sabotage, at its current form is like having a machine gun during the medieval Japan era, picture The Last Samurai - it's so overpowered and tends to be super effective - but are branded dishonorable and unfair to deal with. In a sense, it is also a double-edged sword. Sabotaging people for the sake of sabotaging is pretty useless if plans include taking the player out for good. I would rather take a 9k villa than a hole ridden 2k one. Sabotaging for the sake of strategy is different. Raining down burning spies into a church is pretty darn beautiful to watch.

Anyway, they are changing this feature soon enough - so hold on to your trousers and hope things gets better

DeletedUser2284

You say "they are changing this". When? Anyone have an idea?

DeletedUser924

They have not metioned the day when the change will come we ust just trust that they are working on. please don't forget the game has not been released yet and i know most of you are playing it like the game has come out. even those not on the beta server are still just in open beta which means yes you are still testing the game before the final release of the final version.

gencyde1

Waiit - right, it is still on open beta eh? I never realized that - I thought there are worlds that are actually open server at this point.

I would expect the change at 1.6.0 v (at the very least) - or maybe 1.5.5 or so. I dont really expect them to do much but seeing that it could be a top priority (they are losing valuable beta players on these spy-issues) - next patch could be the time.

DeletedUser431

At an absolute minimum, I hope they fix the bug that allows you to send spies even when you don't have a Hall of Orders. I'm getting saboteurs from villas with less than 200 points.

DeletedUser2258

Now that is a bad suggestion. The sabotage is overpowered from the attackers side so allowing the victims to retaliate even it they lost the Hall is somewhat limiting the abusers. By disabling it, it makes the whole feature even more unbalanced making the offender to take no risk at all when attacking the weaker players. First the sabotage needs to be fixed (eliminating would be the best for everyone but that won't happen) and than bugs like that.

DeletedUser924

There is no argument to be made that it unbalances the game by fixing this bug. having the ability to use features of a building when the building no longer exists unbalances the game enough as it is. Why not put in a bug to allow noblemen to be made after academy is lost? then those losing villages can noble some from others. The ability will be nerfed thursday and the bug will be fixed as well i would say that is some improvement lets see how much the abuse continues when it takes 3 spies to take on building level.

DeletedUser2582

There is a different topic to this with this post as-well but i've read through this and decided to start a petition just to show them how many people would like to see the removal of the Spy's ability to Destroy building's etc

If you would like to see the petition link is as follow: https://www.change.org/p/innogames-...tribal-wars-2-from-the-game?just_created=true

A link to the Topic here aswell http://forum.beta.tribalwars2.com/f...-s-being-able-to-destroy-buildings-at-any-lvl

I have read alot of this topic as-well and yes late game this feature seems nice but early on its overpowering to players and most likely will stay that way it removes the need for troops in favor of invisible attack's etc anything i say will most likely have been said before.

This post is for those who would like to see the ability removed from the game to show them the true number in one group.

Another idea is make it an end game only Ability....

Azunai

How about limiting incoming SABO / Village to 10 except attacking player owns a church within the target villages province?

Azunai

d0z3;n27530 said:
sabotage got a small chance of succes.
You clearly dont know what you are talking about - out of 100 SABO attacks, 2 failed for me

Keep in mind that the defending village has no spys left to defend against SABO as soon as you send a few normal spys before they hit to kill them

d0z3

Azunai;n27531 said:
You clearly dont know what you are talking about - out of 100 SABO attacks, 2 failed for me

Keep in mind that the defending village has no spys left to defend against SABO as soon as you send a few normal spys before they hit to kill them

i tried to sabotage the same village 3 times, first with 3, next with 4 and 3rd time with 5 spies and failed 3 times out of 3.

Azunai

Azunai;n27531 said:
so you never cleared the defending spys before sending in your sabo

Cl0S3QY.png

d0z3

Azunai;n27586 said:
so you never cleared the defending spys before sending in your sabo

Cl0S3QY.png

so what i need doing? send 5 spies to spy units, then send minimum 3 spies to sabotage?

Azunai

jeah, well you need to kill the defending spys
-> send 5x 4 spys to scout units/buildings hitting the town at the same time now send your 3spy sabotage directly afterwards

DeletedUser924

Azumai you have expensive tastes. you waste a 4th spy to clear a village? I think neither of you know how to use this strategy but you do get it more than they do. Here's how its done. Send all but one spy to a barb. then send 1 spy to spy the village maybe even send the first spy to spy a village from multiple villages. next if you didn't do what i said there then you cancel and again send all but one to a barb and send 1 to the village. repeat. With this method you will have cleared the village in 5-8 spies and you lost your level 1 first then your level 2. so if there are surviving spies they are your high level spies if any survive by you method you kill you level 4 spies and keep you level 1 spies which take 30 minutes to build versus 12 hours. You only need 8 spies with my method and you need 20 with your method.

d0z3

Samuri 4 life;n28051 said:
Azumai you have expensive tastes. you waste a 4th spy to clear a village? I think neither of you know how to use this strategy but you do get it more than they do. Here's how its done. Send all but one spy to a barb. then send 1 spy to spy the village maybe even send the first spy to spy a village from multiple villages. next if you didn't do what i said there then you cancel and again send all but one to a barb and send 1 to the village. repeat. With this method you will have cleared the village in 5-8 spies and you lost your level 1 first then your level 2. so if there are surviving spies they are your high level spies if any survive by you method you kill you level 4 spies and keep you level 1 spies which take 30 minutes to build versus 12 hours. You only need 8 spies with my method and you need 20 with your method.

just did that. fail. could it be a bug? i tried sabotage about 5 times, all the times failed.. i sent spies to spy his units 4 times, never got 1 killed. after the 4th spy, 3 minutes later, sabotage him, ofcourse all my spies died and failed. i believe its bugged.