Payment system (pay2win?)

DeletedUser399

I'm not sure yet, but I think tw2 might be more pay2win than tw was. And if that's correct I'm a bit disappointed.

I always liked the payment options in TW, they didn't really give a huge advantage, but they made everthing easier.
I did pay a lot back then, but now as far as I can see you can really speed things up (resource production for example)
and can get a advantage in attack and defence by paying for officers.
The last one is the one that I really don't like.

I just started today and I might be completly wrong, so I would like to know what other players think about this.
And again: Thanks so much for the key I got from the riddle :D

DeletedUser107

I agree a little, however the quests actually gives you a lot of items (which you normally have to pay for) So the longer/more you play the more items you get from the shop by completing quests.

The only thing which i have to disagree about right now is that you can speed up building and complete them instantly.

For an example: you have to pay 70 gold for another building queue, but if you do a quest later on you get a free queue.

So it is balanced in my opinion

DeletedUser340

2 ways in my opinion:

You pay 50€ for tribalwars2 without any coin shop.

You pay nothing and CAN buy coins and boosts.

InnoGames took the 2nd way, which is acutally a good way -> more players.
Dont complain about this system, the game is for free and they have to gain money... Also, they said they're trying to balance it as much as their can.

DeletedUser399

R1KK4;n1883 said:
2 ways in my opinion:

You pay 50€ for tribalwars2 without any coin shop.

You pay nothing and CAN buy coins and boosts.

InnoGames took the 2nd way, which is acutally a good way -> more players.
Dont complain about this system, the game is for free and they have to gain money... Also, they said they're trying to balance it as much as their can.

I know they have to gain money, that's why I said I like the system from TW1 better then this system.
Thanks by the way for your reaction I didn't know that they want to balance it, that's good to hear ;)

DeletedUser406

Hello,

I looked at the shop carefully and I have not found the game to be a paytowin, it is true that the majority of items in the shop gives extra comfort in game (normal). As a player mentioned in this post, you can win items from the shop by performing quests. By cons I am a little reluctant when I see the units that you can buy in shops (10% strength in addition to), I hope that other more powerful units will not see the day. At the moment I find the shop balanced and I hope it continues in this direction.

DeletedUser340

FateTempter13;n1888 said:
I know they have to gain money, that's why I said I like the system from TW1 better then this system.
Thanks by the way for your reaction I didn't know that they want to balance it, that's good to hear ;)

If I'm not false -Vanguard.- wrote it in another topic here in the forum.
The TW2 team wants to balance the game as much as possible so I think it'll be okey.
Greetz

DeletedUser104

I played TW for a long time and i have to say that i did not like worlds with PA features such as more production etc. because as a normal player (without PA features) i was not able to keep up with the speed in whic the PA players were able to build their village.
And this is exactly what is going to happen again if there are theses boosts, which io can buy in the shop.

I am sure there is another way to gain money, like in TW with the Account Manager.

But i also think that it is good idea to sell the game for about 10€ but the it should be without any PA features.

DeletedUser425

my God not again ! Tribalwars lost it s popularity,like Travian,Khanwars and others,exactley because of these PA uber features.

Is the greed so big INNO ?Why can the PA just offer basic things ?The minute it gives "X number" bonus to troops,buildings so on ,it takes most of the fun for ordinary players.Shame I really wanted to play TW 2,but if you ll going on the same path as TW s last years,you will lose thousands of clients,me inclusivley

DeletedUser107

Soimul de Fier;n2022 said:
my God not again ! Tribalwars lost it s popularity,like Travian,Khanwars and others,exactley because of these PA uber features.

Is the greed so big INNO ?Why can the PA just offer basic things ?The minute it gives "X number" bonus to troops,buildings so on ,it takes most of the fun for ordinary players.Shame I really wanted to play TW 2,but if you ll going on the same path as TW s last years,you will lose thousands of clients,me inclusivley
It's not pay to win at all. You haven't played the game yet, so you can't judge now by saying oh it's pay 2 win...

Second, all the items you can buy, can also be received by doing quests, paying gets it quicker, questing gives you it also.

And also this is a BETA which means nothing is completed as it is. they are trying to balance is their best and they will

DeletedUser384

can one poust a screan what thinks people can buy in the shop ?

DeletedUser425

James;n2024 said:
It's not pay to win at all. You haven't played the game yet, so you can't judge now by saying oh it's pay 2 win...

Second, all the items you can buy, can also be received by doing quests, paying gets it quicker, questing gives you it also.

And also this is a BETA which means nothing is completed as it is. they are trying to balance is their best and they will

yeah,it s the same quote from tribalwars 1.But we all know that the current PA offers a great deal of adgantages....very gamey ones.I left imperiaonline/travian exactley because of super PA,and joined tribalwars because it had a minimum of very coold PA settings,witouth porky bonuses...

DeletedUser3

Soimul de Fier;n2050 said:
yeah,it s the same quote from tribalwars 1.But we all know that the current PA offers a great deal of adgantages....very gamey ones.I left imperiaonline/travian exactley because of super PA,and joined tribalwars because it had a minimum of very coold PA settings,witouth porky bonuses...

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with our game before your playing experience has begun. I would highly suggest that you first try Tribal Wars 2 before you build your opinion about it. On the other hand I am happy you are already so passionate about online games, and I hope our game can rise to your gaming standards.

DeletedUser425

Checkered Jester;n2081 said:
I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with our game before your playing experience has begun. I would highly suggest that you first try Tribal Wars 2 before you build your opinion about it. On the other hand I am happy you are already so passionate about online games, and I hope our game can rise to your gaming standards.

I am unhappy because I understand the same gross PA advatages will continue in Tribal Wars 2.I have not commented on other aspects of the game,just what I read about it

DeletedUser226

Checkered Jester;n2081 said:
Hello,

Well, a lot of players were not happy with the pp features on tw1. Now, I play tw2 and now I see much more pp features. The game is ok, but players will give bad marks about the new features.

DeletedUser152

You need to remember that it's hard for a «little» game like tribal wars to do cash and, in the same time, keep a balancing gameplay between people who want to pay for the game and people who want to play it free. There is not hundred thousand people who will pay for this game and they still need to make profits.
So like every game there is 2 choices
- Pay for the game
- Pay for feature in a free-game

- TM

Serf
The officers in the game only give like 10% of power. The luck can affect the battle in 25% and faith 50% so i don't find 10% a big difference lol...
The 25% production on resources are mostly useless to players who farm, in the early game, and i think it would not be a huge difference in the late game because you have to buy it for every village.
Reduce the cost and time of the buildings it's the biggest issue for me but the quests give some of those items that you can use like in the academy or higher level buildings...

The worst thing will be if you can buy coins for the noblemen, but i'm almost certain that it would be, like in tw1 xD

DeletedUser444

Bash-for-Fun;n1996 said:
I played TW for a long time and i have to say that i did not like worlds with PA features such as more production etc. because as a normal player (without PA features) i was not able to keep up with the speed in whic the PA players were able to build their village.
And this is exactly what is going to happen again if there are theses boosts, which io can buy in the shop.

I am sure there is another way to gain money, like in TW with the Account Manager.

But i also think that it is good idea to sell the game for about 10€ but the it should be without any PA features.

Hell I'd pay more than that if it were a one time fee. I'd pay $10 a month easily to play the game if it didn't have any PA features.

Also, I feel like I'm seeing a lot of "it's ok because you'll get the items from quests and that makes it balanced". Sure, you'll get one or two of them while you play your first village, but in a few months there'll be a guy near you who's been willing to pay for fifty, and he'll crush you unless you're willing to do the same.

DeletedUser399

And how about the possebility to buy 3 days protection? Does anyone know if it can be activated at all times?
I'm almost curtain you can't when your loyalty isn't 100.
But can you for example activate it in the middle of a tribal war?

DeletedUser250

Samdiable;n2201 said:
There is not hundred thousand people who will pay for this game and they still need to make profits.
So like every game there is 2 choices
- Pay for the game
- Pay for feature in a free-game

Your assessment seems rather inaccurate. I can guarantee you that well over 100,000 people have purchased premium for the original TribalWars.

DeletedUser51

hugh akston;n2250 said:
Hell I'd pay more than that if it were a one time fee. I'd pay $10 a month easily to play the game if it didn't have any PA features.

Also, I feel like I'm seeing a lot of "it's ok because you'll get the items from quests and that makes it balanced". Sure, you'll get one or two of them while you play your first village, but in a few months there'll be a guy near you who's been willing to pay for fifty, and he'll crush you unless you're willing to do the same.

Assuming you are equally knowledgable about the game, "skilled", online all the same number of hours, and have the same number of allies, then yes he will have an advantage. Otherwise you can use all of these other things to gain the upper hand, even if he is paying for more bonuses.