Losing a won Fight

DeletedUser1433

No Problem seecretlare, keep in mind I based what I said on my reports and others I've seen here and on the EN forum.

@ JamesMilner please explain the advantage of sending a ground troop with a ram/cat fake. TW1 I kept 20 extra ram in each village whether Nuke/Def/Scout villages set aside just for fakes. I don't see the advantage of caring if your ram/cat fake lives or not as well as the village you are faking would not be your actual target and depending on distance would not be advantageous to change up your attack plan just because a fake returned home. And what does the ground troop tell you if it also returns home with the ram fake? I can see it maybe giving you some tactical help if the villages you were attacking and faking were within maybe 20 fields from your attacking cluster, but beyond that I don't see any tactical advantage because of the time required to get to that village and not to mention a noble train at that point would stick out like a sore thumb since most of your main Nukes, trains and fakes would have already been sent to your planned targets. Please explain better, I'm always up for learning something new!!!

@ JamesMilner Now you have me intrigued! PM me if you wish to continue this discussion. Not quite the place for it here in this thread.

DeletedUser1893

LiamAird;n22681 said:
Abusing bugs are not allowed, and will get your account banned from our games.
http://forum.beta.tribalwars2.com/fo...7703-bug-abuse

Please keep this in mind for this current bug and all future bugs you might find. This is directed to everyone in general. If you report a bug, that doesn't give you permission to abuse it. If you are able to reproduce the bug, you should pm the mods or CMs with this information(in the case for game breaking bugs).

DeletedUser905

zapit480v;n22735 said:
Bottom line here; fakes consist of a single ram or cat in the attack, or trains of single rams or cats to fake a noble train. The simple fact of adding another ground unit to that supposed "RAM" fake to create an illegal clearing attack proves you knew of this bug and is cheating and should be dealt with severally by the mods.
Making such conclusions is very bold. You've decided for all thousands players how they play? I use different troops to send fakes, not only rams and cats. Everything depends on the situation. I would leave the bottom line drawing and judging to the game admins.

DeletedUser905

This is very critical issue, players loosing 20k+ troops in one attack and loosing big villages for nothing. I would suggest to stop all attacks for time being, before this bug will be resolved. I would suggest activate beginners protection to everyone on this server. Mods, please, forward this request to developers and game admins

DeletedUser1433

edufinn;n22771 said:
Making such conclusions is very bold. You've decided for all thousands players how they play? I use different troops to send fakes, not only rams and cats. Everything depends on the situation. I would leave the bottom line drawing and judging to the game admins.

Ok... I'll rephrase... Bottom line here; Most commonly, fakes consist of a single ram or cat in the attack, or trains of single rams or cats to fake a noble train (some players will use other single ground troops for their fake attacks, but those are easy to tag as real fakes since the travel speed is too fast, occasionally someone will spend the time to make an experimental all axe nuke, but not a very efficient trade off of time). The simple fact of adding another ground unit to that supposed "RAM" fake to create an illegal clearing attack proves you knew of this bug and is cheating and should be dealt with severally by the mods. Better?? Bold statement, don't think so...

@ edufinn - The key word is single (single troop of any type in a fake); who wants to loose more troops than necessary sending fakes when they're at war. Ludicrous IMO to send more than one troop, of any kind, in a fake attack when more than likely what you send in the fake will be killed (expected/anticipated casualties of war) and those additional troops, that some claim to be sending with their fake ram/cat attacks for some tactical/informative reason, can be better utilized elsewhere in your fight against the enemy!!! I don't buy it, I think it's an excuse attempting to cover what they know they did wrong trying to save themselves from their flagrant TW infraction!!! My belief and I'm sticking to it!!

DeletedUser1167

There is no definition of how to use the fakes. everyone can use them the way he wants.I can forward you reports from 1-2-3 weeks ago that I still have, adding in fakes 100 axes or if i did more even 10 axes so in a full nuke i would lose 300-500 axes to make more Mounted archers. Or making fakes with spears archers and rams, to make a defensive village only Heavy calvary. You cant judge the other based on what you think. And if we talk about opinions, with yours skill ingame, i don't believe you have a good experience in tw to make statements in the external forum.

DeletedUser1433

LuCkIsNoExCuSe - Correct, no definition of fakes, but common sense. What your talking about is different than common mass fakes. In your examples you're sending troops you want to kill with the fake to streamline your full nuke or def villages.

You said, "And if we talk about opinions, with yours skill ingame, i don't believe you have a good experience in tw to make statements in the external forum." .. I say stick your opinion in your ear, follow the link, foot in mouth again!!!

http://www.twstats.com/en12/index.ph...yer&id=1466963

DeletedUser905

Please, stop this offtopic.

Mods & Admin, please do something quickly to this problem. I repeat my suggestion: activate attack protection for all players on this server to stop abuse of this bug.

DeletedUser3

Hello everyone!

We are working on the issue right now and will announce how we will proceed soon. Thank you for your patience so far.

(Also please stay on topic)

DeletedUser1167

At least drop the server until you fix it, or give the players attack protection.

DeletedUser40

We are working on a roll back, that will address those who have lost villages and units with this bug.

It will take some time before the repair script has been made and is finished.
Likewise we will update the servers to address the actual bug and fix it.

DeletedUser1167

So how do we continue right now? We can't attack because every use of rams in attacks is succesfull. should we farm or will our accounts roll back? should we build troops-buildings.? Can you get more specific about how to proceed from now on?

DeletedUser1825

yeah thank you for the roll back, but specifics please, i would also like to formally appologize to the 90% of OTW that got the fakes with the jihad ram nuke

DeletedUser2207

I've played a lot of these games over the years... I've been towards the top, i've been at the bottom, i've been knocked around back and forth between the two. In all those circumstances I could at least feel good about shaking the hand of those who had beat me and being able to say "good fight, congrats on your victory". Pick myself up off the ground and start over, learning a lesson from my defeat and knowing that both myself and my opponent had battled fair and square. I can NOT say that with a number of people in this game now after the actions of some over the past few days. Even with big accounts I have played in games like this, I can honestly say I have never knowingly used an exploit or bug to my advantage. It saddens and sickens me that some players who COULD obtain victory via honorable and honest game play, instead resort to abusing a bug. :(

DeletedUser1587

@LuCkIsNoExCuSe
You are pathetic man, it's clear from your posts that you abused the bug intentionaly, even told your whole tribe to use it, sorry but to me you are worse than scum.. I am just thinking what kind of a person forsakes himself for a game, either that or you are just a pathetic person... Just accept you'r punishment, I can understand you got mad because you lost your troop... doesn't make up for what you've done...

DeletedUser1587

LuCkIsNoExCuSe;n22792 said:
There is no definition of how to use the fakes. everyone can use them the way he wants.I can forward you reports from 1-2-3 weeks ago that I still have, adding in fakes 100 axes or if i did more even 10 axes so in a full nuke i would lose 300-500 axes to make more Mounted archers. Or making fakes with spears archers and rams, to make a defensive village only Heavy calvary. You cant judge the other based on what you think. And if we talk about opinions, with yours skill ingame, i don't believe you have a good experience in tw to make statements in the external forum.
Wahahaha nice little pathetic try... I don't think that is even close to sending 1 axe and 1 Ram...

DeletedUser1825

sadly i leaned only about the bug 2 hours too late from all the fakes i sent everywhere, but thank you admins for the roll back if i knew there was a bug early on i wouldn't even bother sending

DeletedUser40

Please refrain from calling people cheaters, hackers and what-not.
We will be dealing with the issue and abusing bugs will not be tolerated.

Thanks for all the patience and report for this bug. It is truly amazing to see the help and support from you all!

DeletedUser1167

LiamAird;n22811 said:
We are working on a roll back, that will address those who have lost villages and units with this bug.

It will take some time before the repair script has been made and is finished.
Likewise we will update the servers to address the actual bug and fix it.

So what are we going to do now? wait for the roll back, continue playing? what should we expect? i don't want to farm and lose for nothing so many hours.

DeletedUser1825

ok Bug is gone now i just received the 1 axe 1 ram from OTW member and my troops are alive, now just for the roll back