War ten fold

• Thread starter DeletedUser1825
  • Start date

DeletedUser1825

well if 20 members taking on a 140 member tribe and from what you are saying the 140member tribe are ants well i guess they are, can you name a few BIG boys thats in our area other than the rank 8 OTW? Also you are in OTW, big boys you say. well im here waiting for you guys to attack for almost a month now come and attack us, your plan is to attack me tomorrow with 13 nukes which a tribe of 140 member can muster and you learn to play this game, its a team game over all 28 members of your tribe not one sent support to any member, if this is a solo game you guys would win the turtle award. Thank you for the complement thinking my whole tribe is a top tier and basically saying that you guys have no skill level. So far the only people nobling anything is us all you guys do is noble barbs (sigh stop nobling barbs those are our farms) we already went to war with GTS and all that within the month waiting for you guys to retaliate from us taking your members

if you guys want this war to stop all your leaders have to do is tell me and they surrender, and some small details are needed but till that time NO

Shemirage

well if 20 members taking on a 140 member tribe and from what you are saying the 140member tribe are ants well i guess they are

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying. I am saying the OTW tribe is, overall, an OK tribe at best. We have some good players I suspect, but we seem to be, on average at least, an order of magnitude below some of the heavyweight teams. That said, we are also an order of magnitude above some other teams.

For example: We had some problems with a guy in Phoenix over my way and we took him out easily. But we didn’t do a whole lot of bragging in the forums to inflate our ego’s about it because it’s not like it’s much of a challenge for us to beat a guy like that. We knew we were dealing with a sub-par opponent and we took him out because he kept trying to noble barb villages in our provinces. We probably would have left him alone otherwise and we even WARNED him to stop but he just kept persisting so we had to kill him. Why are you even fighting us anyways?

can you name a few BIG boys thats in our area other than the rank 8 OTW?

The rank 8 OTW has 1/3 your points. And aulus from LOB, who is 100k bigger than YOU is right next door to one of your provinces. So yea….there ARE people you can fight who can probably kick your ass right next door to you. (340:444 for this particular example). My guess is you don’t want anything to do with fighting that guy because it would be very one sided, and very short lived. LOB would eat you guys for lunch if they wanted too….but they don’t seem to need to brag about their wins on the forums for some reason…..maybe they are actually competent and confident players. What are you making up for?

Also you are in OTW, big boys you say. well im here waiting for you guys to attack for almost a month now come and attack us, your plan is to attack me tomorrow with 13 nukes which a tribe of 140 member can muster and you learn to play this game, its a team game over all 28 members of your tribe not one sent support to any member, if this is a solo game you guys would win the turtle award. Thank you for the complement thinking my whole tribe is a top tier and basically saying that you guys have no skill level.

That’s right, we have no skill level. And what I’m saying is try fighting someone actually at your level and see if you can still brag about how great you are. Or are you too chicken to take on players at your pace? OTW might by losing, but we’re trying to mount a counter…even if it IS pathetic. I don’t even care that you’re taking all our teams stuff….I just think you look like a moron bragging about beating up people 1/3 your size or less and claiming you have no other options…because aulus and a few others look like they are pretty close by but you don’t want anything to do with THEM do you?

By all means….pick on the little guys and then come on the forums to tell everyone how big you are. As soon as you meet some real competition you’ll be exposed for the fraud you are. I hope LOB wipes you out just to prove a point. It will be funny to watch! That’s for sure!

I’m not asking for the war to end….I’m just pointing out you’re boasting about taking candy from a baby and actually have the lack of intelligence to realize puffing up about it makes you look like a fool.

DeletedUser1825

err 2 weeks ago we are just the same points 1/3 my size hell i was smaller then your top members, well guess thats what i get for nobling your member o well, complain away

Shemirage

JamesMilner;n24557 said:
err 2 weeks ago we are just the same points 1/3 my size hell i was smaller then your top members, well guess thats what i get for nobling your member o well, complain away

Really? So, let me get this straight.

1) On 10/29 you post in the forums how #7 OTW is a pushover tribe. Then, on 11/1, in the forums, you openly declare war on them. But now you want to claim you were attacking an equal as far back as 2 weeks ago? Looks like spot picking and pointless bragging to me....you knew we could be rolled easily and you are taking advantage of it to grow fat on easy opponents.

2) Instead of fighting a high ranking member of OTW (one of a few we have) you recruit him. Maybe that happened because montesown wants to associate with better players. I don't begrudge him for that...it happens all the time. That said, how is that not spot picking on your part? You recruit the toughest guys in our tribe instead of fighting them? Nice battle strategy!

3) You claim you don't have local competition to fight besides our guys....but then you refuse to respond to my claim that LOB has players sitting in your backyard that you could fight. Maybe you just don't want to admit they are there because you like to spot pick and pretend to be tough.....

4) You accuse me of complaining when all I'm doing is pointing out that you are bragging about beating up easy targets and think this makes you look good. That's not complaining...its pointing out that you cannot possibly be as good as you claim because good players don't have to pick on mediocre ones to feel good about themselves.

When LOB attacks us, they just kind of take over everything and move on. Very professional hitmen I would say. You've got very little in your tank...otherwise you'd find something more interesting to fight. ;-)

Let me make this abundantly clear: You are spot picking and actually think this makes you tough. I'd rather not be associated with you. So I hope one of the big fish squishes you. :-D

That's not complaining...that's actually something of a request. Any tough guys out there want to take on the big James over here? I won't be able to repay you because I'm a lousy player....but your tribe would be protecting mine from a bully....and I guess that would make you the good guys. ;-)

DeletedUser1825

Shemirage;n24565 said:
Really? So, let me get this straight.

1) On 10/29 you post in the forums how #7 OTW is a pushover tribe. Then, on 11/1, in the forums, you openly declare war on them. But now you want to claim you were attacking an equal as far back as 2 weeks ago? Looks like spot picking and pointless bragging to me....you knew we could be rolled easily and you are taking advantage of it to grow fat on easy opponents.

1st Complain

Shemirage;n24565 said:
2) Instead of fighting a high ranking member of OTW (one of a few we have) you recruit him. Maybe that happened because montesown wants to associate with better players. I don't begrudge him for that...it happens all the time. That said, how is that not spot picking on your part? You recruit the toughest guys in our tribe instead of fighting them? Nice battle strategy!

What Tribe isnt, just continue inviting massive low point players you are doing the right thing *wink*

Shemirage;n24565 said:
3) You claim you don't have local competition to fight besides our guys....but then you refuse to respond to my claim that LOB has players sitting in your backyard that you could fight. Maybe you just don't want to admit they are there because you like to spot pick and pretend to be tough.....

No comment :)

Shemirage;n24565 said:
4) You accuse me of complaining when all I'm doing is pointing out that you are bragging about beating up easy targets and think this makes you look good. That's not complaining...its pointing out that you cannot possibly be as good as you claim because good players don't have to pick on mediocre ones to feel good about themselves.

LOB got more members than that of us by six times, but thank you for equalling our skill to LOB

Shemirage;n24565 said:
When LOB attacks us, they just kind of take over everything and move on. Very professional hitmen I would say. You've got very little in your tank...otherwise you'd find something more interesting to fight. ;-)

Yeah I would expect that from a tribe that taken all the best players in the map, sadly should be including me but i declined

Shemirage;n24565 said:
Let me make this abundantly clear: You are spot picking and actually think this makes you tough. I'd rather not be associated with you. So I hope one of the big fish squishes you. :-D

That's not complaining...that's actually something of a request. Any tough guys out there want to take on the big James over here? I won't be able to repay you because I'm a lousy player....but your tribe would be protecting mine from a bully....and I guess that would make you the good guys. ;-)

I doubt thats going to happen anytime soon, You GUYS heard it right OTW a tribe of 140 members asking for help to kill me :D

Shemirage

1st Complain

That's not a complaint. That's pointing out that you are trying to claim you felt you were engaging equals at first when clearly you never actually felt that way.

What Tribe isnt, just continue inviting massive low point players you are doing the right thing *wink*

I don't run the invites. But even if I was it's clear that OTW doesn't mass invite quite the way you claim. If we were inviting everyone on board there would be a lot more members I would think. Instead we have about 150 pretty consistently.

No comment :)

My only guess there is that you are allied with them, which means...again...you avoid fighting anything that you feel is potentially dangerous.

LOB got more members than that of us by six times, but thank you for equalling our skill to LOB

Not a problem, now go fight them instead. Oh wait.....

Yeah I would expect that from a tribe that taken all the best players in the map, sadly should be including me but i declined

Why? It's not like you're going to fight them....

I doubt thats going to happen anytime soon, You GUYS heard it right OTW a tribe of 140 members asking for help to kill me :D

Apparently not, since based on your analysis of the situation all the 'top teams' play nice with one another and only go after the marginals. Hope that's not true...but maybe that's how Tribal Wars is played. I really don't know just yet. And I'm not speaking for the OTW team...I'm just speaking for me. ;-)

DeletedUser2139

Guys, I just love this thread, even though I do not play on your world.
We have something similar to blow out some steam on our world.
I could not help myself but to tell to Shemirage

If a pride of lions will only attack the strongest bull in the herd, it will go hungry soon.
They go for the weakest until is time to kill the strongest and that is how the wars are too.

DeletedUser940

before i finish reading the rest of this great banter back and forth i wanted to say. LOB has yet to finish off LCS. there are still SLC members alive and well fighting back. and with the loss of LuCk LCS has weakened alot from the glory it was at the beginning of the LCS LOB war.

to add if you want to know about pointless bragging look at any war forum i create. its always going to be a slaughter.i mean ZAR vs GRR please... grr was what rank 15 we were rank 5 and we rolled them so hard that i made their leader rage quit the first day and after that the whole tribe went inactive from the 1000+ incomings we sent their way...talk about stepping on ants... lol they had no ability to fight back... your tribe should have that ability. 140 players could take on 20 something they just have to come together and work together but your tribe is inept and unable to do so. does it take away from the 20 member tribes achievement of destroying a 140 member tribe... i dont think it takes to much away from that. they work well together you dont. you have more numbers but they had skill. skill always trumps numbers however one person can change an unskilled tribe into a fighting force you just dont have a person that can rally your members.

DeletedUser1825

seecretlare;n24620 said:
you have more numbers but they had skill. skill always trumps numbers however one person can change an unskilled tribe into a fighting force you just dont have a person that can rally your members.

sadly we here at ODT have an abundance of leaders

Shemirage

maat;n24596 said:
If a pride of lions will only attack the strongest bull in the herd, it will go hungry soon.
They go for the weakest until is time to kill the strongest and that is how the wars are too.

That is actually a very good point. That never happened in the last game I was in, for the most part, because there were much clearer objectives. I'm still not sure what the point of this game even IS sometimes. Couldn't they at least outline the kingdoms so you could try to take those over without accidentally leaving the boundaries? The way it's currently set up you just attack the largest guy closest to you that is not an ally, which just seems pointless.

Seeecretlare - I don't have a problem with ODT blowing us out of the water. That happens a lot in games like this. OTW is completely unable to fight back in a meaningful way, and I get the impression that the guys who are actually good in the alliance are getting pretty sick of the dead weight....so I think the alliance collapses soon without a change in the culture or someone stepping in to take the pressure off. I get a bit fumed by the bragging about an easy kill though. You start "look at the loser" threads and they run out of gas in a week. This guy has to bring it up 3 weeks later after it's very clear what has happened. I see a difference in the two styles...and I think yours is better. Sure, call us out, but at this point he's beating a dead horse and should be told to cut it out. That's my view anyways. This community might see it differently.

As for all the larger fights....too small a fish to know what's actually going on in this particular pond. Losing that map tool has made it difficult for me to visualize the world....so I've just about stopped trying. ;-)

DeletedUser1825

ohh you ant to see a map tool to visualize here is a map from our tribe ODT is white and OTW is yellow please be my guest to use it as you like http://prntscr.com/58mgk8, if you are imaginative enough you can see our tribe holding as scythe ready to kill

DeletedUser1825

nope the real battle already started, just look in your support forums go do your part and defend

Shemirage

Still got nothing on those charges I see.....just doubling down. You are completely missing the point here, aren't you? Does your phobia of real competition have something to do with a knock to the head in real life after meeting someone big and scary in a dark alley or something? That would explain a lot I think.....

DeletedUser1825

nah at 6'5" i havent met anyone bigger than me, but hey at 160 hours away from the fight you can blab your mouth all you want

Updated 1st post

DeletedUser940

dont assume he is dodging the question. it could be he has plans but doesnt want them blasted all over the external forums.

Shemirage

nah at 6'5" i havent met anyone bigger than me, but hey at 160 hours away from the fight you can blab your mouth all you want

Oh that's rich. Now you are taller than 99.9% of the worlds population (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3A...ight/Archive_4). Do you see your problem yet? The probability that you are a boastful buffoon just keeps going up, especially with claims like that. Why is it that other players, like seecretlare, have better responses to my criticisms than you do?

Just to get some things straight here:

1) I have already established I'm a fringe player at best. I've got like....32k points and only log on for a few minutes a day now because nothing is going on in my sector. IMO the game balance should be adjusted somehow so 'fringe' players have something to do. I cannot influence the world....and influencing a province is too easy....so why not highlight all the kingdoms somehow so players like me can scale up and try to be relevant on a larger level somehow. Instead we can only do what everyone else does....but much, much slower and against even lower level players. So players like me and below give up early because eventually guys that are good will be your neighbors and you'll be dead...unless there is a point to leaving some marginals alone that I don't know about yet. The goal just seems to be 'expand'....that's it! I COULD try to band up with an alliance in my area (did that) but what if they are OTW and awful at actually supporting one another? My only option is to fight everyone, grow, and hopefully get picked up by a better crew. Not sure it's worth the effort for me, since I don't see myself ever hitting the top %. So guys like me quit and the game becomes only the top 500 players or so. Hell...I suck and I'm in the "world elite." Hardly an accomplishment.....you could sleepwalk into that the way this game is played!

2) You attacking me only points out that you cannot address my criticisms. You start a 'just war' with OTW and blow them out of the water. You have some fun poking fun at them, which you should be able to do, but then you have to keep talking. This will result in 2 things: Lots marginal players will quit since there is no reward or place for them and you've just set yourself up as a guy who brags about little things (and is now most likely a liar to boot). You will lose a lot of players in this community by doing this, and in the long run you'll regret doing that because there will not be enough players to support the game and it will fold. You've also established a reputation that some teams wont' want to associate with....and I'm hoping they don't. ;-)

So go ahead and be larger than life James....you are digging your own grave. I already dug mine...so attacking me doesn't really change anything. In fact, it's probably making it worse. ;-)

DeletedUser1825

worse you say, :) the fight of external talk all you want im at war :), ill lose players in tis community? have you played TW1 its a game of trolls any game at the matter. I have no time for your squabbles and complaints. Countless mails i get in game all Complaints, some time strategic mails some funny mails, i got a village saying my name with an FU on it nobled him too, and im here fighting with a guy 160 hours away not doing anything but say stupid things on externals. After this post im ignoring you

Shemirage

worse you say, :)
Yes. If you don't give marginal players something to do that makes the game worth their time they eventually quit, and then you don't have enough critical mass to make the game viable. The fact I played for a little over a month and managed to punch my way into the mid 800's is not a good sign. The game's not healthy....way too many players are signing up and walking out the door. Part of the reason I'm not fully committed to this place is I've seen this before, in LOU (although that culture was actually MUCH more interesting for marginals) and it folded. Spending almost 3 years playing a game and then watching it shut down sucks.

the fight of external talk all you want im at war :),
Apparently so am I. And, apparently, I'm under attack! Oh no! What do I do!?

ill lose players in tis community?
Yes. You already listed a bunch that quit...or don't you read your own posts? Quitting is gong to happen....but you're going to assist in shutting the game down because you insist on pounding people a fraction of your skill level....and then to top it off you spend time on this forum, which apparently you don't like, bragging about it....so even more people see it and think twice before playing. Brilliant.

have you played TW1 its a game of trolls any game at the matter.
No, never played TW1 but yes, know about trolls. Thus far I haven't seen any trolls nearly as good as some of the ones I knew in LOU. This place is amateur hour on trolling. No offense guys....it's awful. Get a world chat option...THAT makes things much more interesting.

I have no time for your squabbles and complaints.
But you have time to get on here and brag when you 'win big' right Mr. "I'm taller than 99.9% of the world!!!!" I'm sure your "other" measurements are just as impressive. Don't tell the ladies or they might faint. That and you'd just make me feel bad about myself again. Hard to measure up the champ over here.....

Countless mails i get in game all Complaints, some time strategic mails some funny mails, i got a village saying my name with an FU on it nobled him too, and im here fighting with a guy 160 hours away not doing anything but say stupid things on externals. After this post im ignoring you
Here is a thought....do something productive with all of those "they didn't actually quit because of me" stories and e-mails and put them in a forum post so we can all read them. I don't get those here, but I used to think they were hilarious......then the game closed down and it sucks.

I'm telling you man....don't over-do it....the game will last longer if you help carve out roles for people....even the bad players. Some casualties are inevitable, but at the rate this game is going very little will be left in 2-3 months for you guys to do since close to 95% of the players will have moved on.....

So, I'll close this conversation off with the same request I was making originally: Feel free to fight OTW, but you should probably stop bragging about it because it's making you look like a power tripping moron and if you are not careful you'll eliminate your own sandbox. Bully's don't have much to do once all the kids leave the playground pal....trust me, I know.