Rejected Suggestion: New Units

DeletedUser1435

How about adding a few units in the game?

1. Crossbowman : Attack: 30
Inf Def: 35
Cav Def: 25
Archer Def: 20
Ability: When in defense, their defensive stats are doubled.
Description: Crossbowmen are units designed to take out the strongest of the strongest.
Training Time: 15.00 - 20:00 mins.
Either trained at barracks or Hall of Orders.

2. Militia. Attack: 0
Inf def: 20
Cav def: 20
Archer def: 10
Ability: Can't attack or support any other village unless of the same owner. If the Paladin is present, they gain +5 to all defensive stats. If Paladin and Nobleman is present in the village, they get double defensive stats.
Training time: 7:20 mins.
Description: Militia are simple people, with little training that take up arms to defend their lords, in harsh times.

DeletedUser905

In my opinion there is already too much units in this game. I really like to see the world without archers.

DeletedUser1435

hmm...I like many units. It gives variation to the game, which is always good. Also allows for more in-depth strategies.

DeletedUser905

berseker;n13433 said:
hmm...I like many units. It gives variation to the game, which is always good. Also allows for more in-depth strategies.
This is just an illusion. I don't know how long you've been playing TW, but everyone ends up to have nuke of 6-7k axes 2-3k lc and 250-300 rams that all. In defence it's either 10k spears and 10k swords or 10k spears and 500hc. That all variation you'll need in this game. Only strategy in this game is to stay active and be persistent. If you want to sleep at night, you should never play TW.

DeletedUser1165

edufinn;n13451 said:
If you want to sleep at night, you should never play TW without a co player or 5.

FTFY

HC strat was always fun in old TW.

DeletedUser886

yes, i do not understand the sense of archers. there no need for archer and mounted archer. there should be upgrades instead...

DeletedUser24

edufinn;n13451 said:
This is just an illusion. I don't know how long you've been playing TW, but everyone ends up to have nuke of 6-7k axes 2-3k lc and 250-300 rams that all. In defence it's either 10k spears and 10k swords or 10k spears and 500hc. That all variation you'll need in this game. Only strategy in this game is to stay active and be persistent. If you want to sleep at night, you should never play TW.

The units changes, so if you keep on building the old TW1 settings, you will lose ;) (Mounted Archer will destroy a defence with 10k spears and 10k swords)

DeletedUser905

Kmork;n14149 said:
The units changes, so if you keep on building the old TW1 settings, you will lose ;) (Mounted Archer will destroy a defence with 10k spears and 10k swords)
You shouldn't said that out loud. Now you spoiled my tactics :D
Actually I've noticed that cavalry (I've used only LC and MA so far) is much more powerful than in TW1. So far based on my experience I would say that axes are almost redundant.

DeletedUser589

I think the attacker and offensive units in tribal wars 2 are way to over powered.

DeletedUser1018

Logan_Thorne;n14319 said:
I think the attacker and offensive units in tribal wars 2 are way to over powered.

Can you stop posting that in every thread? We get it, you lost because your army was inefficient, now get better and stop blaming the game for it.

As for the OT: Interesting units, but I'm not sure how that would affect the current balance form the top of my head.

DeletedUser924

edufinn;n13451 said:

You are completely off base here in TW1 there are much more variation than that. and i personally adopted the strategy of never using swords.

but lets do a run down of the strategies I've seen

For defensive
10K sp 10K sw
7.5K sp 2.5K sw 1.5k HC
(w/ archers)
5K sp 5 K arc fill HC
Full scout village
Full HC village

For offensive (and heres where the real variety is)

20k axe 250 rams
10K axe 1.5k lc 250rams
7.5K axe 2.3K lc 250 rams
5K axe 3K lc 250 rams

now we've just messed with the ratios to have more cav power lets do the drastic changes
6k axe 2k lc 500 rams 250 cats (wall/building buster)
7k axe 1.75k HC 250 rams

And that just breaches the surface. sure some have purpose only in limited application but to say everyone used the same build is a fictitious illusion at best. And you can't even say one person only used one build. I used 3 or 4 separate offense builds for those times when i have to fight mainly swords versus mainly spears and so on. I agree with OP that more units add more strategy and after all this is a strategy game not just a build troops hit enemies and move on. if it was that simply none of us would want to be here.

First those milita were taken straight from TW1 weren't they? Now as far as the attack and defense of your units go it looks fine the problem is the abilities you have coupled them with would be way to Over Powered for this game. if you crossbows double when they defend thats just about all you'll find them doing other than farming if they can haul much which carry a crossbow they better not be able to. so effective you have a unit that is basically a berserker for Defense. giving them the greatest defense of any single provision unit. and if you scalled them up their defense would be even great than HC, rams, and cats per capita.

DeletedUser1536

Archers are a big part of the game. Not having archers wouldn't make much sense since we are playing a medieval game...

I think the archer is an underestimated unit. Look up defensive strategies for medieval castles, they mostly rely on archers.
Adding a crossbow unit would make sense, since we have such powerful cavalry units now. Also the addition of extra units gives you some variation in the game, if you send out scouts now, you can almost guess the result depending on the points of the village... :/

DeletedUser1018

Cyber, please do not use the "realistic" argument. This is a game, units don't get added because they "fit" the setting, the get added if they provide meaningful gameplay and add to the perfect imbalance.

DeletedUser1617

I did not like militia in WT1, and will not like it in WT2 neither.

Adding crossbowmen would be fine but not to make them the strongest defense unit but maybe the strongest off unit against cavalry as cav is stronger than in TW1, the crossbowmen should make counterpart for them as high attack number and weak defense number against infantry, average against cavalry and strong almost even as attack against archers.

Crossbowman : Attack: 30
Inf Def: 35
Cav Def: 25
Archer Def: 20
Training Time: 15.00 - 20:00 mins.

So this, I would rather change to this:
Crowssbowman
Attack: 35-40
Inf Def: 15-20
Cav Def: 20-25
Arc Def: 30-35
Training Time: 23-28 mins
Capacity: 15-20
Wood: 30-40
Clay: 30-40
Iron: 20-30

DeletedUser1536

iMaple;n14901 said:
Cyber, please do not use the "realistic" argument. This is a game, units don't get added because they "fit" the setting, the get added if they provide meaningful gameplay and add to the perfect imbalance.

That's why is say, add the crossbow to counter the strong cavalry. It would also make the game less boring.

Also the Archers are underpowered!!!!!!!

DeletedUser905

Cyberfounder;n15079 said:
That's why is say, add the crossbow to counter the strong cavalry. It would also make the game less boring.

Also the Archers are underpowered!!!!!!!
There is a unit in the game to counter the strong cavalry, it's spears. Archers are best against mounter archers. This is like "rock, paper, scissors" game, one unit win other unit, but is beaten by other.

DeletedUser3

Thank you for your posts. Some new units were actually already added into the game, if we compare it to Tribal Wars 1: The berserker and the the trebuchet. Also the game mechanics of TW2 differ from the original (provinces), so some units and strategies you were accustomed to will change. In the future we will be doing some re-balancing as well, so the units may change slightly to make the game more diverse. Thank you for your feedback