Sabotage Feature

DeletedUser40

Unfortunately that is not how our update process works.
We plan features ahead of their update, to make sure it all tie up and work as intended.

Rushing features into an update only breaks them and result in more frustration.

DeletedUser940

Note I do not say sabotaging is fair as it stands but you are quick to assumptions like it is defenseless sure it can be frustrating and sue I've never received 200 attacks before. But i do know that if I ever was hit I would launch close to 200 villages of sabotages and another 100 nukes at the attacker. all catting taverns so I think that would do a lot to impede them from trying it again sure I lost one or a few villages from the runs but i will also see to it they lose equal or more than I did. And we can trade punches all day long because I will have several people under me also doing the same to them and any would assist them I their attack. If you want to mass sabotage me and be successful then you had better hit all my villages simultaneously and not leave one survivor or it will back fire on you. Now I have proposed this fix numerous times and it gets nearly ignored every time. and it would even allow a 50 village player to survive a mass sabotage from a 250 village player or an entire tribe. As things stand if there is no spy in the defending village the sabotage is successful. Now what happened to the police who are in the village protecting the workers and non combatants. This is before the time of coffee shops and donuts so they are sitting round there. There are too many things that would go wrong with a spy going in to suicide bomb a building as thats about the only way the damage could be done to the village in that day and era while causing the death of the spy too.

So bearing this in mind the sabotage feature should have a default lose regardless of spies defending or not. Say if no spies are in the village 30% are successful and that leaves 70% where they just die. and this goes down for every spy that is defending. Does that prevent mass sabotaging yes does it make sabotaging useless. well that depends you certainly have to use a lot more to get any kind of results than before but if that is too low then just up the percentages but still allow some to die by default.

Second the biggest need for sabotaging is to lower walls in a stacked village that you can't lower with nukes or it is too costly to do so. Since this is the only real legit reason aside from removing a church or fortress to keep this feature around. why don't e take barracks, HQ, farm, warehouse, and others like this off the table? Then only the important but less damaging buildings can be hit.
- problem the church would have a higher rate of falling. solution assign weighted values to buildings so that the building is random but you have a higher chance of getting the wall than the church.
-benefit now the farm and HQ won't be hit so you won't run into population or time building issues.

Another solution that was proposed. Have a technology where if in a certain time frame it is activated it reverts the damage. of course needs limitations. 25-50 uses per day requires x numbers of spies to activate or x level of tavern. something to prevent this from being if you are online then no sabotage works and if you are offline you are SOL. We also don't want this ability to push people to feel like they have to neglect their lives and work or other issues just to be succesfull in this game.

first off your solution is a decent idea. making it so it isnt 100% success would help. however saying it isnt broken and to say your response to a mass sabotage attack would work. i can tell you now it would only work in a 1 player vs 1 player scenario. in a mass war scenario it doesnt work at all. if you are getting hit by some 1000 sabotage attacks from 20 different players your tribe really cant come to your rescue. you are pretty much done. with 20 people they could take a person with 1 mil points down to 500k points in only 3 days maybe 5 max. and then it could just be rinse wash repeat. from there. as you said you havent experienced being mass sabotaged by a tribe before. but if you were your response would weaken one of their many players and even then they should be prepared for your nukes if they are smart. however as i stated if one guy tried doing that to you and you and your tribe responded with what you proposed then yeah you would get the guy to stop real fast

DeletedUser2694

Unfortunately that is not how our update process works.
We plan features ahead of their update, to make sure it all tie up and work as intended.

Rushing features into an update only breaks them and result in more frustration.

I understand that, but I believe you guys dont realise how harmful this feature is to the player base(and as a consequence, to your revenue). It should be treated more like a game breaking bug, not a balance issue.

I know many people who wont be looking back into this game for a long time because of sabotage, very few can whitstand watching months of work getting ruined in a few days - without any possibility of defense - and keep playing.

Aethelhelm

Old thread I know, but didn't feel like making a new one.

Sabotage was overpowered and the recent addition of the level 15 tavern bonus is overpowered and makes sabotages completely useless. My solution? Get rid of that bs sabotage all together please.

DeletedUser

I do agree on the sabotages features, especially it can be use on someone who out of sudden noble one of the barb in your province or even low points village and put like 100K HC in there. Thus, this feature can prevent this from happening, by shutting down and unable this village to build any church inside. Or even if this player managed to build a chapel inside, sabotages can be used to severely damage the village, and academy cannot be built thus it eliminates the risk of short range noble train. This is what I think the good side of sabotage feature

However this has been abused by several tribes as they team up and launch sabotages attack on 1 player, where they can destroy full developed which is 10k points village to the ground PER DAY (or even more!), even with homeguard effect (assumed tavern still stay at lvl 15 till the end). The player itself is unable to defend himself and there is no way his other tribemates can help him. Besides, when sabotaging a full developed village, the cost to rebuild it is way more than the cost to rebuild the spies (high level building cost so much! Especially Hall of Order!), not to mention there is no risk involved from the attacker side. Even with the new homeguard feature, I don't see it helps in this scenario.

Here is my suggestion:
1) If your tavern is lvl 15 and your village points is above 9000, your village will be immune from sabotages
or
2) If your HQ is lvl 30 and tavern is lvl 15 as well, your village will be immune from sabotages

In this way, not only we can keep the good side of this feature, it can as well stopping players or even tribes abusing this feature.
Thanks for reading!

DeletedUser40

Thanks for the feedback.
I will pass it a long to our game designers.

DeletedUser2656

curb to the mischief of sabotage would also allow the costs of spies to increase dramatically
1st and 2nd spy - remain cost the same
3rd spy - cost per 50k of each resource and construction period of 24 hours
4th spy - cost per 75k of each resource and construction period of 48 hours
5th spy - cost per 100k of each resource and construction period of 72 hours
then you would sabotage only use more if it makes tactical sense, and do not destroy the wanton

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2159

Hi guys, I have been away for a while, but looking into playing again...

How is the sabotage at the moment? Has the Homeguard fixed it?

I have browsed around and I like some of the ideas, however I still feel like the designers should look at sabotaging holistically:
  • To me as a player it is all about risk vs reward. I.e. if I am sending sabotages as a tribe, there is a risk of time (to build spies and to send the attacks) and resources (which it costs to build the spies). Late game the resource risk becomes almost negligible.
  • The possible reward is destroying building levels of the opponent's ville. This reward should be weighed against the risk referred to above. The resource and (especially the) time cost for re-building buildings is obviously a lot larger than the risk of sending spies and rebuilding the spies.
I still like my original idea of being able to send supporting spies to your tribesmates, it would balance things better than the homeguard, which is just % based, but I would like to know from people currently playing what they think. I really love this game and would like to get back into it, but i dont want to if the sabotage spamming is going to be as bad as it was when I stopped playing.

Anyways, would love to hear what you guys think.