Pay To Win

DeletedUser1795

Yes that could work.... or even make it more expensive, for exemple: the first time you use it reduces 50% of the total time and the second time you use it you build it instantly...

Or just make it also affordable for non-paying users.... give some Instant build cards for certain quest or achievement

DeletedUser1614

the video in this topic pretty much sums it up. the big spenders will gain huge advantage, the F2P players will get discouraged and quit and in the end everybody quits. nobody will win, not the company(maybe their plan is to make a fresh server every month in all the countries and make money out of the few big spenders) and not the player. compared to the most of the F2P similar games, TW was mostly based on time, dedication and skill. as nphsmith stated above, it will feel dirty and cheating even for big spenders and the enjoyment will be lost. it's like cheating in a singleplayer: you are Godlike but u don't feel acomplished.

DeletedUser1854

The solution was possibly the best I have seen. Ministers could be reasonably employed, leading to slightly less drudgery in relation to builds and farming, which might have otherwise encouraged the use of illegal Bots.

The use of paid or otherwise gained artifacts in order to advance was limited by a "Mana" type function, the use of items required this, and it took time to regenerate, so spenders could not leap clear of skilled players.

On balance the system worked well, not like on Evony where I once witnessed somebody drop $20000 in a month in addition to multi-accounting and Bot use, with nothing to limit them.

DeletedUser1877

Hi all,

I just started with TW2, I became curious because TW1 was such a good game and THE most important thing i liked about the game that it wasn't a pay to win game.

How can you now expect to keep a lot of players overall like you guys did in TW1. I can't understand why innogames didn't look for other ways to earn money. Pay for the game just once,

Because i can't understand how i should win this game without money, its impossible i my opinion. When normally you had a war you could look how much villages everyone had and with a good and active tribe you could win. But now if you start a war with a tribe where everybody uses money by example. They can start using crowns and you cannot win anymore. Nothing strategic anymore in this game. Just because of the earnings of money. I do understand innogames needs a way of living as well. But they choose in my opinion the complete wrong way. Hopefully it will change. Because i will play my village for now but will quit after being killed.

Sorry for my bad english and i hope it make some sense. Because i had hoped TW 2 should have been the game that brings me back to this great game. But i thought wrong. the people that pay, finaly the one with the most money invested will win. I can't understand that you want to make this kind of game. I saw your trailer

DeletedUser431

So, I don't know how long you've been able to instant recruit troops, but I just noticed it today. I was already pretty annoyed by the unlimited ability to instant build. But the instant recruit thing is way over the top. The only thing I always could count on was knowing that it would take a long time for someone to rebuild after a big fight. Now, for a few bucks they can have all their troops? In my opinion, this will drive more players away than it will generate money. There really needs to be a mechanism to prevent players from buying victory. Something like the 'mana' mentioned above would be a great step. You get a pool of something like 100 'mana points'. Instant building an hour would cost maybe 30 mana points. You would regenerate mana at a point per hour. Obviously you would have to play with the numbers, but I think you get the point.

DeletedUser1920

Tribal Wars II;n17097 said:
I like TW2 way better than the premium account TW1 way.

I agree....Many things that are premium in TW1 is standard in TW2....

Sure there are alot of problems in this BETA version....That was the same in TW1 when it was first released....Alot has changed in that time and for the better. Innogames and it's player base will slowly improve over time. I am looking forward to being in this game in the years to follow, and follow all the improvements and maybe suggest a few interesting ideas.

Innogames started a revolution in F2P gaming on the web....And Innogames keeps trying....THANK YOU....

One more thing.....Sure some players will use the INSTANT building feature.....But does buying success automatically grant you the win?
I happen to think that SKILL, team work and Good communication with a great tribe will win a world...In the long run of course....
Money cannot BUY SKILL.....Hard work, planning, teamwork makes for a much better gaming experience.
The instant thrill of building it now does not replace the satisfaction of an achievement....Instant build is rather anti-climatic....

Zaen;n17707 said:
Maybe a limit on how many times a week you can use an instant build per villa?

Or how about everytime you use it, it costs more and more as time goes by....OR a cool down period....If the cool down period is violated then it cost more...

German680

I played this game years ago world 29 had 500 + villages before i quit playing.

I liked the old subscription model it didn't give a big advantage the only advantage is the easier management. I always had a subscription for the year i played.

I come back too TW2 and holy shit what a mess you have made, from a nice almost level game you bring in all this pay to win shit. You have lost your way Inno i could spend money to win but i wont, i wont support the way you have changed the game i doubt i will stay long as well.

This is from a person who spends $100 of dollars on free to play games, I would much rather drop cash on a fair game but with perks like cool armour mounts skins ext, having a game that you pay to get one over from your enemy is no fun at all.

I feel bad for the TW franchise.

DeletedUser1920

Tribal Wars II;n17097 said:
I like TW2 way better than the premium account TW1 way.

YES...agreed....Love to Farm now, fast easy and starting to bring in TONS of resources....Miss the Stables....:)

DeletedUser1920

German680;n20489 said:
I played this game years ago world 29 had 500 + villages before i quit playing.

I liked the old subscription model it didn't give a big advantage the only advantage is the easier management. I always had a subscription for the year i played.

I come back too TW2 and holy shit what a mess you have made, from a nice almost level game you bring in all this pay to win shit. You have lost your way Inno i could spend money to win but i wont, i wont support the way you have changed the game i doubt i will stay long as well.

This is from a person who spends $100 of dollars on free to play games, I would much rather drop cash on a fair game but with perks like cool armour mounts skins ext, having a game that you pay to get one over from your enemy is no fun at all.

I feel bad for the TW franchise.

First give this version a chance to grow and develop like the first game....TW1 stumbled lots of times trying to get a good balance and guess what they succeeded. TW1 is a very good game and look at the vast number world wide playing that game. It has set new industry standards and the bar has been set very high....INNOGAMES has done a great job.....be patient and see where this one is going....I am positive that this will be a different game a year from now, IF YOU HELP THE IDEA......You are a Very good player and it would be a shame to lose your expertise and knowledge of this game....STICK around and give INNO your advice and wisdom....

German680

Rug Bug;n20494 said:
First give this version a chance to grow and develop like the first game....TW1 stumbled lots of times trying to get a good balance and guess what they succeeded. TW1 is a very good game and look at the vast number world wide playing that game. It has set new industry standards and the bar has been set very high....INNOGAMES has done a great job.....be patient and see where this one is going....I am positive that this will be a different game a year from now, IF YOU HELP THE IDEA......You are a Very good player and it would be a shame to lose your expertise and knowledge of this game....STICK around and give INNO your advice and wisdom....

You have a good point, but think about this, you spend weeks building your armies to kill an enemy near you with a good amount of skill, you attack he dodges you wipe his armies out and send your noble nuke, then this guy pays real money to recruit an army instantly. How would you feel if this happens to you, i would feel less angry if it was support from one of his allies, but seriously what idiot thought instant recruiting a good idea. Then there is pay to instant build so tjhis means any people who play near me in the start of the game can pay and get nobles quicker.

They are focusing too much on simplifying the game for the masses and taking away everything that made the game great.

DeletedUser2122

The fact that this is pay to win is both making me likely not to continue playing and guaranteeing that I will not spend money on this game. I don't have the money to out spend others, so I'll take what enjoyment I can without paying a cent. This is coming from someone who has spent more than $300 on xxx (over 3+ years,) $5 on the xxxx Beta (over 3 months,) and various other free to play games. I came back to tribal wars after a 2 year hiatus because of TW2, prepared to drop some money on this game. However, you'll not get a dime from me so long as you can buy power, no matter how cheap you offer items or how cool they are.

Get rid of the ability to buy power, and these are the things I would be willing to pay for. Additional Building Slot unlocks (Permanent. This is buying convenience.) More preset slots (buying convenience.) Different Icons on the map for my village (aesthetic.) Different profile picture (aesthetic.) Different paladin appearance that shows up when I attack someone (aesthetic.) Coat of Arms options (aesthetic.) (You need to give us this first.)

This game being pay to win will turn me off eventually, and I'll likely never come back. Announce the discontinuation of these practices for the next world or this will be the last world I play.

DeletedUser2122

LiamAird;n21731 said:
We have made an announcement about our payment features and how we see them, in this topic:
http://forum.beta.tribalwars2.com/f...nts_aa/20329-tribal-wars-2-payment-philosophy

"If we realize that the pay features we implement do not work for the players, or us, we will always strive to reassess them and modify the game."

Being able to buy power ultimately destroys any attempts at balancing your game. The answer as to why you are losing a game should never be "Because your opponent spent more money than you." with the undertone of "If you spend more money, you cold be more powerful too." This is a bad free-to-play model, and will destroy community good will and will ingrain into people's mind "If I don't spend money, then I can't be successful" and "The only way to be the best is to spend the most money." This will lead to the conclusion "I'm not willing to spend the most, so there is no chance of me being successful in this game and having fun. Therefore, there's no reason for me to spend any money on this game or play it in the first place."

Then again, there are many people who have principles and refuse to use pay-to-win methods. I am one such person. So long as you can pay to win, then any money I spend becomes pointless because someone else will always simply spend more money, gaining an advantage over me and rendering all of my spent money mute, destroying my fun. Thus, why should I buy a cosmetic skin when I won't have fun with your game?

DeletedUser2116

I appreciate the effort made at the announcement, thank you. Unfortunately, it comes across as condescending. Most people playing this game at this point understand that it costs a lot of time and treasure to build a game like this. I haven't seen any meaningful complaints saying we shouldn't have to pay to enjoy premium features. The overwhelming complaints are regarding the nature of the premium features. ie. P2W, which are only getting worse (further imbalancing play).
The game is not polished, its interface is clunky, in game communications are difficult, and the new features that have come online (world map) are more frustrating than functional. To state otherwise ignores the reality of the quality of game play. However, the game is still fun and has a dedicated fan base coming over from TW1, which is why frustrated players continue to play. If there is a single message that I take away from reading the forums and talking to tribe mates, its that the development path is going in the wrong direction, but there's still hope that things will turn around.

DeletedUser2143

Well, another game bites the dust. I see a very short future for this epic failure of a so called "game". I guess if you consider out spending others as a game you will have great fun at Tribal Wars 2. For the rest of us.... We will go find games that actually include strategy and skill. As a TW1 player i am VERY SHOCKED at this sickening display of greed and can't believe this is the same developers that made TW1. Yes Innogames needs to make money from premium features but there are MUCH MUCH better ways to go about it. Listen to your player base or be cast into the dust bin of complete failure.

DeletedUser1484

I stopped playing a couple of days ago and so have two of my friends who also played Grepolis with me, I am the only one who still logs into the forums with the faint hope that Innogames will give some sort of response that indicates that they care about there player base or customers

So far it's been in vain

DeletedUser2157

I created a forum account just to reply to this thread as I hope more player do. In my tribes in two worlds there are people complaining on the tribal forums about p2w but unfortunately innogames will not see those complaints. I have read everyones comments on this thread and even the announcement that Liamaird has made in regards to the payment philosophy. Like many others who are concerned I am a TW1 fan who has started to play this game simply because i enjoyed the first so much. However, when i started to look into premium i was expecting to find a membership like in TW1, but alas there was none. I am deeply concerned over this new payment model and if it stays the course, there is no doubt in my mind that I will not be able to play into the endgame and neither will many others.

People have already made so many good points and its difficult to raise every complaint at once. So i simply wish to ask any innogames employee/rep why they switched from the membership model of TW1 to this new model? With enough support would they consider switching back to an optional prescription based model that charges a monthly fee? I think the long-term revenue possibilities of the membership model is greater than than the current p2w model. Especially, if players do not support the current model. Lower player base undoubtedly means lower revenue.

Any response would be much appreciated, thanks!

DeletedUser2183

Well, I play first time in Tribal Wars. I don't like my neighbour just buy troops (was promotion 800 pikemen), now he has stronger army than me. So what can I do? Buy also troops or leave the game :p So TW is pay-to-win...