Map generator (world map) by Imagine Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1218

Hi all!
I apologize in advance for my english (im from Russia).

I create a simple world map. It took a couple of hours (and then updates...).
http://tw2-stats.bitnamiapp.com/

--
Service updated. 13 October 2014.
  • now service located at: http://tw2-stats.bitnamiapp.com/ (many thanks to Vadorequest for hosting)
  • history activated (from the current time)
  • added worlds NO1, DK1, FI1, SK1, RO1, HU1, AR1
Service updated. 28 September 2014.
  • added worlds: BR1, US1, ES1, IT1, GR1, CZ1, PT1, SE1
  • all history deactivated (to activate the history I need to buy/rent a dedicated server or vip-hosting without limits for mysql)
Service updated. 21 September 2014.
  • added EN2 world
Service updated. 18 September 2014.
  • added RU1 world
Service updated. 17 September 2014.
  • added PL1 world
Service updated. 16 September 2014.
  • added NL1 and FR1 worlds
Service updated. 12 September 2014.
  • added the all worlds (and further will be added all new worlds)
  • added section with statistics (info about last update, count tribes/players/villages for all world)
Service updated. 3 September 2014.
  • added player history (points chart, villages chart, defeated enemies chart, history in table)
  • added tribe history (points chart, members chart, villages chart, defeated enemies chart, history in table)
Service updated. 31 August 2014.
  • added search by tribes/players/villages
  • now you can click on village on map (this will open village info)
  • in information you can click on player/tribe name to load relevant info
Service updated. 31 August 2014.
  • Some bug fixes in generation (js)
  • New options for generation (filter by min and max of points villages)
  • Now form data is submitted by get method (can save url after generate and share; options that can be set after generation also retained)
  • Now the villages on the map are round :)
Service updated. 29 August 2014.
  • Servise completely rewritten (yii framework, mysql, bootstrap)
  • Now is located at http://a.mir-it.info/tw2/ (redirect from old url)
  • Now information automatically updated every 1 hour (all villages, players, tribes)
  • You can add an unlimited number of players/tribes

DeletedUser1242

Thanks for this usefull tool! I hope you can implement the option to add more players/tribes in the future.

Good work!

DeletedUser886

Nice! How did you do that? There is no official game data interface, or??

DeletedUser1218

No. Not official game data interface. I'm programmer (in the main - web-development). I learned the game code. Get any game information is not difficult (ofc, except closed info, such us units of other player). You can get more information than is provided by the current user interface.

I just want to see my tribe on world map :)
If the developers make a comfortable map of the world, in my service would not make sense (otherwise I will be able to rewrite my map and bring it to mind). Similar services were for TW1.

I hope that the developers will make a comfortable game map of the world.

p.s. so I really hope that does not violate any of the rules. And i can create other map generator (more functional), if I get official access to game data interface.

DeletedUser886

yeah great work. when game information is available, it's possible to create some other services. e.g. tribe history for each player or something. how often do you import the data and which database do you use?

DeletedUser1218

now: import once a day (but i can change it to any another).
now i not use database (and no history); i just receive all info about all villages at map and send to my server (there they are overwritten).

But create more functionality service (including history of players and tribes and etc) - its real. I did not set out such a task, I just wanted to see the location of the tribesmen.

DeletedUser1218

I add few features (such as "Increase size of said tribes/players" for easy observation).
If developers create not comfortable world map, i recreate my service (implemented using canvas, add history tribes/players and other features).

Also I would not mind if the developers give me access to free information (xml/json or something else) :)
So I find it easier to create a service and may not have to use a request like:
Code:
socketService.emit(routeProvider.MAP_GETVILLAGES, {
    x: 0,
    y: 0,
    width: 1000,
    height: 1000
});
:rolleyes:

Ofc, if comfortable game world map will be create by developments in the coming days then access it makes no sense.

DeletedUser886

Thank you for the information, Dragon! So, your Script automaticly login to your accout to get the data? Is that Javascript?

DeletedUser1218

No automatically login. I have to write to the browser console javascript code that sends the game data on my server (periodically, it is necessary to update the information).
I can make this process automatic, but would not it be a violation of the rules of the game?

DeletedUser1394

Oh thank you :D I'm not sure if its a violation. Have you goten a email or mail of any kind from the developers about this?

DeletedUser1218

Croxthemight;n13168 said:
Oh thank you :D I'm not sure if its a violation. Have you goten a email or mail of any kind from the developers about this?
No........

DeletedUser1218

I rewrite the service within 24 hours. Add auto-update (every hour) and many other features (including the storage history tribes/players/villages, more options for generate map).

Trolin

Serf
Big kudos to you, Mr. Very nice that you have spent time and energy on creating this for everyones availability! I hope you won't get a hard time from the devs and that they might even have some map coding work for you ^_^

DeletedUser1218

Service updated!
Brief information about the update, I'll point out in the first post.
Next update is planed in the coming hours.

DeletedUser1218

Updated again.
Next update with history in the coming days (history is being written to the database).
If the developers give me easy access to the information, I will be able to add other worlds.

DeletedUser1218

Service updated. 3 September 2014.
  • added player history (points chart, villages chart, defeated enemies chart, history in table)
  • added tribe history (points chart, members chart, villages chart, defeated enemies chart, history in table)
---

Coming soon: list of players for tribe (clickable players in table), list of villages for player (clickable villages in table), history for village; more info in history (such as conquers and losses for the tribe villages).

Status
Not open for further replies.