global map

DeletedUser40

Surely it can be done - right now we focus on other important improvements.
A global map is not currently on the drawing board, but it surely is a great improvement for a future release.

Barbiearian

Squire
well - if they hadn't put a world map coming soon icon on the front page for so long - perhaps it wouldn't have been so bad - but, it did give the impression we were actually going to get a world map - what we got doesn't work at all. Until you have the ability to easily see where you are in relation to the rest of your tribe/enemy tribes - there is something very lacking imo.

DeletedUser40

That is very true - and a global map idea has been forwarded to the developers. We'd have to wait and see what comes to this feature in the future.
Tribal Wars 2 is still in the early development phases, and a lot will happen in the coming month/years.

DeletedUser117

OMG, you gave people hope that global map would be add, and now I see, you have led to closed Imagine Dragon's work. Don't you understand that in games like TW2, global map is necessery?

DeletedUser2116

Imagine Dragon built an excellent tool to fix the lack of a decent map, and now his account has been banned? Is that how Inno treats players who sacrifice their own time and effort for the good of the TW2 community?

Barbiearian

Squire
You are all wasting your time. If the developers had any clue about these games, this wouldn't even be a discussion. Anyone with even a tiny experience of this genre would realise that a world map isn't an extra you add-on when you feel fit. Its clearly a fundamental - no different from region view, alliance chat, etc. I challenge one of the game developers to join my alliance - see how easy it is to speak to each other - see how easy it is to determine where the others are in relation to the rest of us - see how easy it is to determine if you are winning/losing the kingdom you are in. I suggest they have never done that at all.

Whilst I would appreciate the forum mods forwarding my response - I really dont want a reply from yourselves thank-you. Whilst mods are very useful, its better to step back when you know there is nothing you can do to help.

I would suggest one of the game developers wakes up - answers this post - and stops even more players leaving.

DeletedUser2125

I'm shocked Imagine Dragon was banned for his contributions to the community as well. Learning about what happened to him and the new Barracks slot machine... my opinion for this company is dying of cancer.

DeletedUser1167

Τw2 is going to fail. it will never gather the success and people of tw1. they just believed that they can hit the market with this and make more money. But this time they dissapointed everyone. Till now i haven't heared anything positive about tw2. And it's going to become even worse as the majority quits and just focus on ongoing servers of tw1. Only players that haven't played tw1 will remain just to learn the game.

DeletedUser40

Greyscail;n21761 said:
I'm shocked Imagine Dragon was banned for his contributions to the community as well. Learning about what happened to him and the new Barracks slot machine... my opinion for this company is dying of cancer.

Just to clarify - Imagine Dragons were NOT banned because of his map tool - that tool was greatly appreciated. He took his site down for his own reasons.

Barbiearian

Squire
LiamAird;n21777 said:
Just to clarify - Imagine Dragons were NOT banned because of his map tool - that tool was greatly appreciated. He took his site down for his own reasons.

Yesterday, 07:13 AM

My account got into a permanent ban for the use of scripts, I tried to solve this problem with the administration (to replace a permanent ban to temporary), but could not. So I'm leave the game for an indefinite period and will no more support the work of the my service (it's expensive and not easy).
I apologize, but not being one of the players, I do not have an incentive to support the service.
Topic can be closed.

Last edited by Imagine Dragon; Yesterday, 07:27 AM.

So - yes, you could say he took his site down for his own reasons - being banned :)

DeletedUser40

Yes, that is true - but it was not the map tool, that were the problem :)
It is clearly stated that scripts are not allowed.

Even by supporting the community with tools, you are not allowed to break our rules.

DeletedUser905

LiamAird;n21465 said:
Tribal Wars 2 is still in the early development phases, and a lot will happen in the coming month/years.
Beta testing was never early development phase. Beta test starts when application is almost complete and developers need feedback from end user to polish application. What we have in TW2 now is not even alpha testing. It's lacking some essential features and is complete bug trash. Only things what were developed lately are targeted to get more cash from players.

LiamAird;n21797 said:
Yes, that is true - but it was not the map tool, that were the problem
smile.png

It is clearly stated that scripts are not allowed.

Even by supporting the community with tools, you are not allowed to break our rules.
InnoGames didn't provided yet any means to create such tools. In order to get data from TW2 you must use scripts in the game. This is now the only way to do it. It just feels like InnoGames is not capable of producing proper tools itself and prohibiting everyone else from doing it.

DeletedUser40

InnoGames didn't provided yet any means to create such tools. In order to get data from TW2 you must use scripts in the game. This is now the only way to do it. It just feels like InnoGames is not capable of producing proper tools itself and prohibiting everyone else from doing it.

And it was never a part of the start up phase to supply such tools.
There is focus on a lot other things, like the huge list of bug fixes that were given with the previous update.

We are not prohibiting people of using the means that are given now.

It's lacking some essential features

As of version 1.2.X it would be a real surprise if EVERY single feature were developed already.
I have yet to see any game that were complete right of the start. Things will change, be improved, implemented etc. We can't just do everything from day 1. It's a progress.

DeletedUser886

Put "world map coming soon" in the game and then saying it even was not planned to provide such a feature?? Banning Imagine because of script-using (the basis for the map-tool) and then saying "He took his site down for his own reasons."?? I can't believe what i'm reading here.

DeletedUser40

Then you should also have read that he did NOT get banned because of his map tool, nor the script he used to provide that feature.

Aven

Yeoman
Sippi;n21912 said:
Put "world map coming soon" in the game and then saying it even was not planned to provide such a feature?? Banning Imagine because of script-using (the basis for the map-tool) and then saying "He took his site down for his own reasons."?? I can't believe what i'm reading here.

Vadorequest raged on en forums and basically said why Imagine Dragons was banned. It's been taken down, but i saved his speech.

Basically, they abused a bunch of bugs and scripts without reporting them. "We shared scripts, cheats and security breaches together." Why would you want someone like this playing this game? Making the world map doesn't excuse you to do a bunch of other things. He then completely destroyed a world with bots. You're telling me you want them to keep playing?

DeletedUser905

LiamAird;n21892 said:
I have yet to see any game that were complete right of the start. Things will change, be improved, implemented etc. We can't just do everything from day 1. It's a progress.
That's pretty lame excuse. Besides TW2 is missing very important parts. It's like you would buy bicycle without saddle and pedals and try to buy them in the process of driving it.

DeletedUser886

Aven;n21915 said:
Vadorequest raged on en forums and basically said why Imagine Dragons was banned. It's been taken down, but i saved his speech.

Basically, they abused a bunch of bugs and scripts without reporting them. "We shared scripts, cheats and security breaches together." Why would you want someone like this playing this game? Making the world map doesn't excuse you to do a bunch of other things. He then completely destroyed a world with bots. You're telling me you want them to keep playing?

Sorry i didn't knew _that_.