Global Chat

DeletedUser926

Tribe chat could be useful, but I'm totally against global chat, which has proven to be totally useless in the games that have it.
Or, if it is ever implemented, then only with the option to switch it off and not seing it at all on the screen.

DeletedUser1763

So is this the new Lou chat? Everyone can link to this thread and just fill it up with flaming trash talk? LoU global chat was definitely a flamers haven, but it had a "right click ignore" option. What I loved about all chat was the opportunity for noobs to be welcomed by experts so they could play, ask questions on the fly and learn by doing rather than spend forever studying the wiki.

DeletedUser894

So whats wrong with with having a skype (or similar) chat in tribe? I have used this in the past to great effect. Tbh i can't see what the fuss is about.........

Usurper

Squire
I would love to have a tribal chat, because forums as it is at the moment is very uncomfortable to use. Tribal chat would enhance the activity and empowers tribal potential. But that is not essential. First get rid of bugs and add more useful stuff like Noble Planner... yea when is this one coming out, I really feel the lack of it in the game.

DeletedUser894

As everyone moans about the current forums I am really surprised that so few have actually bothered to post in the http://forum.beta.tribalwars2.com/fo...me-forum-ideas sticky. If every one posted or even just clicked LIKE on the relevant posts it would help Inno improve them to the point where we are all happy! Or most of us are.......

Usurper

Squire
didn't know of that thread. There were plenty of threads dealing with forums so I just stopped adding my suggestion.

Brenin

Serf
Zaen;n17401 said:
As everyone moans about the current forums I am really surprised that so few have actually bothered to post in the http://forum.beta.tribalwars2.com/fo...me-forum-ideas sticky. If every one posted or even just clicked LIKE on the relevant posts it would help Inno improve them to the point where we are all happy! Or most of us are.......
I think that Ingame Alliance Forums are far more important than Global Chat. I would just like to add my support here to the need to upgrade "Ingame Forums" . Alliance Leaders please add your comments without delay by clicking on Zaen's link.

DeletedUser1854

"Global Chat"/"World Chat" is a handy feature, but I can live without it.

However, the paucity of an in-game chat feature for both tribe, and also officers is a very serious shortcoming. It probably leads to more player attrition than other single reason in my opinion.

I've played various games over the years, and quite frankly an in game chat is something that you would expect as a matter of course......yes, you can use skype, ventrillo, teamspeak, even delve into the past with IRC, but nothing beats an in game chat.

I urge the developers to add this feature as a matter of some urgency.

Endin

Peasant
I really don't understand why people are against a chat, just stay out of it if you want to be anti social, a chat is a fundamental feature of any game I have ever played online since 1997, I was sursprised to not see one here. And to the ones saying "just use skype", I do use Skype, every day, for friends and business, I don't want to add 200 people I don't know personally and perhaps I prefer to keep my private information private. Besides, a chat would come with features such as linking villages or reports, sharing information about the game in order to make things smooth.

DeletedUser1800

The alliance chat had the following in-game features:

Right click speaker options: Ignore, whisper, clickable Profile info link
In Text option: Clickable linked coordinateness, clickable linked alliance names, clickable alliance short names, clickable linked player names, clickable shared battle reports.
Automated Alliance Chat update = current members only

Outside game systems cannot be linked to game, and need someone to maintain active lists.

DeletedUser1689

Sorry guys to burst your bubble, but the 'World Chat' feature isn't planned to be implemented.

DeletedUser1854

So, Soul Impulse, can you clarify that an in-game, within tribe, chat feature will not be implemented?

DeletedUser1689

Depends on what kind of Chat Feature you are looking for. There is CC mail (Circular Mail) and you can send it to everyone within the tribe. There is also forums at the tribes disposal. Also tribe members can also create a Skype group that could be used for tribe members. If however you're looking for a chat service that is akin to MMO style of chat, then no. There are no plans for that to be implemented.

DeletedUser1854

Thank you Soul Impulse. That's me done with this game I'm afraid.

DeletedUser80

At least it is not planned right now. Maybe this will change in future.

DeletedUser1897

In my opinion the global chat, even tribal chat would remove that certain "tribal war flavour" from the game. On the other hand, not having tribal chat has a great advantage: it requires more effort from the leadership to coordinate properly, therefore it requires more skill as well. Honestly, if a tribe decides to contact each other from the outside of TW2, it will rise the bond between clan members to a new level, which gives the clan advantage against other clans, and this advantage wasn't gained by ingame feature, but the hard work of the leadership and the clan members to get to know each other a little bit better, and coordinate more efficiently. It's like earning a "tribal chat" through good organizig ability, and not be provided with one without effort.

DeletedUser1957

Played many games similar to this one (Travian, Kingsage, LoU etc) and some Tribal Wars 1 just months ago. First thing I noticed starting TW 1 was there's no in-game chat. Well I said it's an pretty old game design they will ceirtanly fix that in the new version. Pretty disappointed now. Some players here said a social aspect of this and why they can't or won't use Skype and I must concur with them. It just gives so much more than Skype or any other off-line versions.
I was involved in leadership in many games ( as Diplomat, Officer, even tribe Leader ) . Can't say chat took off any of the burden of leadership roles. It maybe helps you get to know each other a bit easier or faster but ... in the end of the day you have to work hard, plan and read/write letters most of the time. Sertainly using chat as a leader there is no such thing as "provided without effort". Chat is there for fun, trolling and learning the game faster. Maybe even more fun for regular members than leaders. That's all, thanks for reading this.

DeletedUser431

Heh, originally I said I doubted I would stick around if a chat feature wasn't implemented. But somehow I keep joining new servers. So, one point for the devs. That said, I would definitely get much more enjoyment out of a global chat. Honestly, for tribe chat, a group mail would work well enough - if they ever get rid of the bugs. But in LoU, world chat was a lot of fun. People are worried about the spam, but is scrolls away in a few minutes as new messages come in. And if implemented correctly, you don't have to look at it if you don't want. If you don't like the silliness in 'all chat', just don't go there. It doesn't have to take up screen real estate. All in all, It was just a nice gathering place. New members could seek tips or tribes. Old vets could bust each others balls. It made the game more entertaining - which is what a game is supposed to be.