Global Chat

DeletedUser987

Don't count on it. We have the external forums already. Also, having a built-in chat in the game would just add to the ever growing amount of stress that is being put onto the servers. If you want something to communicate with your tribe or friends, I recommend getting skype or ventrilo.

DeletedUser1195

LoL so many old games have global chat. This is a new game... not a stone age game. They have nice servers.

DeletedUser1206

This game dont need a global chat, the first one didn't need it and the global chat are more for games like "The West", but It could come in handy a tribe chat like the Grepolis have (If I remind correctly)

DeletedUser1159

i played for a long time, we had global chat and i think it added a lot more to the game esp war related topics ;)

DeletedUser1333

im not gonna play this game if it dont get a better chat and global chat :(

DeletedUser905

Barata;n12210 said:
This game will have a global chat?
Please, NO global chat ever. You want to chat go to facebook or any other social network.

DeletedUser992

Global chat tend to end up with people begging for a tribe or resources or people throwing insults at each other mostly so it doesn't really add much. I played and stayed out of world chat even though it wasn't as bad as other games for begging and insults, after the first couple of days it tended to be empty 95% of the day anyway. Having a chat for members of each tribe would be really useful, having a second chat like LOU did for officers even more so.

The chat shouldn't take many resources, it could even be on an entirely different server running the chatrooms for all the innogames servers if hey didn't want to modify the game server code, there are probably server application available that could run the chat with a small modification to the game server so that the server can authenticate which rooms players have access too, the code for the client would be extremely simple to implement since it basically just sends the text typed in an input box to the chat server along with a room id and authentication token and displays anything the chat server sends to it.

DeletedUser1195

edufinn;n12742 said:
Please, NO global chat ever. You want to chat go to facebook or any other social network.

Can I have my opinion? Thanks :)

DeletedUser1295

I personally loved global chat and would love to have it in this game, for those that don't like global chat or the drama involved in it the answer is as simple as minimize the chat window and don't worry about it

DeletedUser1519

How can you have a game that doesn't have a global chat? Myself im not going to play if i cant troll my fellow players thats like 85% of the fun in online games.

DeletedUser114

edahlbeck;n13808 said:
How can you have a game that doesn't have a global chat? Myself im not going to play if i cant troll my fellow players thats like 85% of the fun in online games.

Good point. But in the closed period, players are playing to test the game, and features, like in-game chat, are secondary. And it is all right, because developers are focusing on fixing the bugs.

DeletedUser1587

Well I loved evony and it had a global chat, it gave so much more activity to the alliance... honestly I would love to have it, just switch from world to tribe chat and relax.

DeletedUser431

I'm surprised by the amount of people that are so opposed to a global chat. I'm sure it would/could be implemented in such a manner that did not force you to look at it. Personally, that was one of my favorite features of LOU. I loved being able to switch back and forth between 'alliance chat' and 'global chat'. I thought it was one of the things that made the game more interesting. I'm on 3 TW2 servers right now. I'll probably finish out the first one just to see how it goes. But, without a chat on the other two, I doubt I'll finish. I'm sure everyone has different reasons for playing, but personally, I enjoy the social aspect. Without chat, it just seems a bit boring.

DeletedUser905

coolmite;n14873 said:
I'm surprised by the amount of people that are so opposed to a global chat. I'm sure it would/could be implemented in such a manner that did not force you to look at it.
It is not like I'm completely against the chat, but currently game miss some very essential things, which have real impact on the game play. Chat is just nice-to-have feature.

coolmite;n14873 said:
I'm sure everyone has different reasons for playing, but personally, I enjoy the social aspect. Without chat, it just seems a bit boring.
What can me more social than the moment, when someone conquers all your villages and you end up somewhere on the rim of the world. :D

DeletedUser1612

PaulHamilton;n12397 said:
i played for a long time, we had global chat and i think it added a lot more to the game esp war related topics ;)

Pretty sure I played on your team at least once there. TBH I used global a lot but I didn't feel it added that much, it was mostly for mindless banter and trolling. Some people used it deliberately to try to demoralize enemy alliances.

I don't miss global that much, but I do miss having a team chat window. The forums are not the same.

DeletedUser1028

We should have a global chat, if not global then at least tribe chat. I too played LoU and the in game chat was hosted on a different server to the game so that there was minimal lag produced.

Lets have some sort of in game chat.

DeletedUser431

I know it seems a little silly to keep comparing this game to - a game that no longer exists - but I've brought a total of 5 of my LoU friends into this game. All but one of them have quit. The reason the other 4 quit was because they got bored not having any sort of communication. It is nice to be able to log in and see that all your queues are full and do a little trash talking in 'all chat'. Or click in to 'alliance chat' and catch up with friends or see if anybody needs help or guidance. With all these players, this should be a social game. However, I have very little communication with anybody. Like I said earlier, I know 'chat' isn't for everyone. But if it were implemented in such a way that you could take it or leave it, then everybody wins.