Attacker vs Defender balance suggestion...

• Thread starter DeletedUser1586
  • Start date

DeletedUser1586

It is annoying to spend days building up an army just to loose it all to someone who is MUCH stronger in power or w/e they use to judge power of players. There should be a limit to prevent long-time gamers or heavy cash shoppers from destroying newer players so quickly. Soon as my protection was off, I got spied on and attacked loosing everything. It does no good to rebuild since those same ppl will just attack again knowing I have little defense left. Anyways, I going to go find me another game that doesn't punish new players.

DeletedUser589

I agree I think that Attackers have way to much power when attacking, Offensive units as well are way to over powered. While defensive units are under powered.

DeletedUser1018

Sorry, this is BS, and you're just mad because you're bad.

Province penalty, wall and def stats being more cost efficient are obvious reminders that this game favors defenders in a combat situation.

DeletedUser1323

and i think def is more powerfull because def just need spear and sword and heavy thats 3 units to build
we as offence need axe, light, ram and cata thats longer to build a clear then def

DeletedUser653

Defence is stronger than offence. I'm guessing that the players who attacked you had invested more time and effort into the game, you also have the option to dodge the attacks, however I'm guessing you were offline when the attacks landed, or just didn't think of it. The game punishes players that are behind, not just new players, I've seen new players dominate their area more on TW2 than they ever could on TW1 , you just have to have a strategic mind and be active enough to farm well etc.

DeletedUser1658

iNate.;n14434 said:
Defence is stronger than offence. I'm guessing that the players who attacked you had invested more time and effort into the game, you also have the option to dodge the attacks, however I'm guessing you were offline when the attacks landed, or just didn't think of it. The game punishes players that are behind, not just new players, I've seen new players dominate their area more on TW2 than they ever could on TW1 , you just have to have a strategic mind and be active enough to farm well etc.

Nate is correct, in Tribal wars 1, it would take ~1.6 or so full attacking villages to wipe out 1 full defensive village. So if you were to attack a single maxed out defensive village, you'd need 2 armies thats 2 attacking villages attacking 1 target.

Tribal wars is kind of harsh, but u who are farmed or defeated are probably just building your resources and not building troops. Your mines can't defend ur village, but ur troops can. And u need to farm alot, and u also had the posibility to dodge like as nate said

Learn and continue

DeletedUser1617

I have a neighbour who is familiar to only FoE, I know TW1 a long time (playing these types of games for long) , and he is the best player in our area, also I was talking to him, he has got not that much time to spend looting as me, so I have got more resources than him, but he is bigger than me. So not all new players are punished, some are good as my neighbour.

If I was this guy, lost all my units and crushed by stronger, I would not end the game so easily (IT IS ONLY BEGINNING), you can stil raise and make your village unpenetrable fotress. But still you need time for that. The only thing now should be help from your tribe, investment time to looting and dodging and making his attackers lose their units and not losing his own resources. Then they will not come back. This game is about tribes. They fight for you, you fight with them, everyone can get his own. You can even choose to be friend with all of your neighbours to be sure you will not be attacked by them. It is simple as that. He did not plan forward thinking yeah, who would like to attack easy target? Why do I not make some def troops, if I am so inactive or at least dodge the attack, hide resources, I can gather more units and make him pay in the second attack. Also beginners protection is for preparing your first army fit for action.

But after all, he is new gamer, he does not know all of these things. But he can still play again and be even better. No one is born (spawned) to game as all knowing. Maybe Innogames can make server for noobs only.

The first rule is, if you do not understand (the game), you ask. If you do not ask, you do not know.

One more note at the end. When you start new game, you will be spawned at edge of map, where all players may have the same experience of being destroyed by stronger, so you may be the best of them and there will not be so many of strong ones. Only the best of best can survive in the centre of the world.

DeletedUser926

That was one of the problems in TW1, attackers way too favoured, much too easy, and this disgusted many players that went out of the game.

I do hope that the final TW2 will indeed make sure that defenders can indded defend themselves, and that attackers would need - at equal villages developpment - at least 5 or 6 full offensive villages to destroy 1 defensive one.

If this is not done, we'll be back to the same problems than with TW1... and that would be a shame :0)

DeletedUser1617

Yes, good idea making about 5-6 armies pay for the victory over one well situated village. But I do not know if it was problem. If you are attacked by 6 armies, you should have 6 defense armies too (from tribesmen). I think the tribe which has got more villages (armies) wins. And this way, taking capturing one village makes one tribe stronger and the other weaker. And taking back the village without walls and army with 25% loyalty in your own territory should not be problem for the weakened tribe. So what is the problem? Gather your armies and attack too!

DeletedUser926

Sure, but I think you maybe missed 2 points:
1 - A new guy starting the game, very small village in the middle of larger ones: gets eaten withinn a few hours/days, and this guy will disappear from the game;
2 - TW2 has a very long time for building troops.
Therefore, if this is not taken into account, as I said above, we'll be fast back to the old TW1 problems :0)

DeletedUser1379

Facepalm, hows this for an idea new players go join a tribe that is in their area that can support and help said new player learn and grow and also talk to your neighbors as sometimes it works out for the best to have someone who is near you that you are on good terms to help you with how to play the game or you will be continuously restarting or leave the game. The game is Tribal Wars hence you are going to be attacked as soon as you get out of your beginners protection if it was Tribal Hugs then there wouldn't be much point in playing the game would there

DeletedUser431

First off, you shouldn't ever start the game in the middle of much stronger villages. The game puts you in a province within a day of everyone else in your province. Maybe they are much stronger players, but that really can't be helped.

Second, I tend to agree that there is some early game imbalance. You can recruit offense considerably faster than you can recruit defense... and offense is better at farming which allows you to grow faster too. Really, it seems to become a race to who can noble first. If you just recruit cav and farm barbs at the beginning, by the time you have a noble you will be strong enough to beat any single village. Even if they've been recruiting defense 24/7, at that point their walls aren't going to be more than 15-16 and you will probably have at least double the offense.

I like the proposed change to make LC recruit a little slower and carry less.

DeletedUser80

Hey Guys,
thanks for that exciting discussion but please remember that we´re here in the ideas-section. For discussions like that please use our tactical disucussions subforum.