Where do you build your second city?

• Thread starter DeletedUser1982
  • Start date

DeletedUser1982

^^^^ I meant "capture" not build.

I'm on the edge of my province, directly over the line in another province is a very small city. Should I spread my kingdom across two provinces by taking that neighbor? Or should I conquer an equally very close neighbor that is inside my own province? I'm thinking by taking the city in the other province, and building a church, it gives me the ability to engage in activity in a larger area without suffering penalties.

Or... should your second city be some distance from your first city so you're not overlapping farming areas? Would make it much harder to support each other though. While I am leader of my province, and part of a 3-guild conglomerate, I do have some leading guilds in my province and I don't have too many fellow guild mates near me.

Lastly, I'm noticing all these small inactive cities have morale around 30-40%. Is it because they are already being worked on with nobles? Our server and area is so new, I'd be surprised if anyone is using nobles in my province as I haven't even gotten mine up yet and I've been farming like crazy virtually 24/7. I'm wondering if you could let people waste troops dropping morale of a city down to close to zero and then I come in and snake it from them. Is that possible? If so, how do you time it? Do you have to wait till you see it at zero? 1-2%? Etc.

I never played TW1 so I have no idea about any of this stuff.

DeletedUser1893

I would recommend taking a second city in your same province. If you take a city in another province, you have to build a church for that city or your troops will fight at 50% in the city.

Morale is different from loyalty. You'll never see the loyalty of a city unless you have attack with a nobleman and see the loyalty in the report. Morale is the strength your troops fight at. For example, if you attack a city that has 30% morale, your troops will only fight at 30% strength.

DeletedUser1982

Well if a church isn't that hard to build, wouldn't that not really be an issue? Or is it extremely expensive? I'm trying to think tactically more long term than just the temporary penalty that can be alleviated by building a building. I figure if it's easiest to get your second city than how the map is going to look when it's time to take a third, I figure might as well take advantage.

On the flip side, if I were to somehow take my entire province or close to it, it would make it nearly impossible for anyone to conquer me. So there's that to consider too.

DeletedUser894

To check the cost of church click here. You will notice it is expensive in both res and farm space. However the pay off is your troops fight full strength. The church needs to be protected at all costs, as losing the church then means any other villas you have will suddenly be at a massive disadvantge.

DeletedUser24

i would go for 2-4 villages in a provinve before getting a village in another province. So being save in a province and from this save place spreading out. It might be difficult, if you have to fight in both provinces at the same time, with only one village in each province.

(this is a personal opinion ;) )