Version 1.6 feedback

DeletedUser40

Please give your feedback for our new version here.

[SPR=Changelog 1.6]
New Feature

• You can now claim your daily login reward once a day. For each successive day you log into your account you will get 500 resources of each type, whereas on the fifth successive daily login you will earn 2000 of each type.
daily_login_reward.png

Improvements

• Siege weapons (Rams, Catapults and Trebuchets) now fight together with the largest battle group to avoid them being destroyed easily.
  • Number formats are now localized.
  • The following premium items have been removed: Relocate Paladin and Instant Heal of units in the Hospital.
  • Renaming a Paladin now displays information about name length constraints.
  • Sabotage missions now require at least 3 spys.
  • Clicking on a global info icon (e.g. incoming attack) now opens the correct tab in corresponding screen.
Bug Fixes

• Forums and threads now properly appear as read/unread when marked so.
  • If a player posts something in a thread, this thread will not appear as unread afterwards.
  • Players now always can create a new thread when a forum has been created.
  • Current production values are now properly updated at the top right UI element when a boost has been applied.
  • The tooltip for the Ranger is now entirely displayed.
  • The ranking is now calculated correctly again.
  • The UI has been fixed in the ranking screen.
  • The Daily Unit Deal reset counter is now displayed correctly.
  • When withdrawing Catapults from another village you will no longer need to choose a target building to hit.
  • The use of the Deceiver will no longer mess up the attack screen.
  • The NPC ratio in the market is now properly displayed as 1:1.
  • Loyalty is now correctly displayed in the general overview.
  • The loyalty value of newly conquered villages is now displayed correctly.
  • The tribe forum can now be properly administrated when corresponding rights have been granted.
  • Some images have been fixed in the village screen.
  • Units supporting a barbarian village now fight as intended.
  • All tribe event entries are now fully visible.
  • A new message indicator is no longer shown when there is no new or unread message.
  • A display error has been resolved where loyalty was shown as 0 although it was in fact at -1.
  • Sabotage missions can no longer be issued without having an active Thieves' Guild.
  • Wall level 20 now has an image again.
  • Map scrolling using Firefox now works as intended again.
  • Reports about attacked support units can now be linked in messages or forum posts.
  • If a building is being upgraded more than once in succession, the village overview will now properly display an individual icon for each successive construction job.
  • Some translation issues and typos have been corrected.
Android

• Direct Play users now receive a welcome email when their account has been successfully registered.
  • An improved error feedback for failed payments has been implemented.
iOS

• New building/unit queue has been added to the iOS app.
[/SPR]

DeletedUser2069

I'm very happy gaining knowledge of the new sabotage system. I have some question about: how does it work? When 3 spies will be sent sobotaging, will they all die in case of failure? If not, how many will die? In the best case, the maximum damage will be 1 level of a random building, or three of different buildings or three of the same?

DeletedUser924

Yes all 3 spies die just as they did before even in failures every spy sent on a sabotage mission will always die. I highly doubt they would change it from 1 to 3 since the whole point was nerf the ability i'm sure it will stay the one sabotage one building one level just like it is now even if you send 5 spies.

DeletedUser1919

This is a fantastic update to a broken mechanic. The only caveat i have is that currently players have built out entire tribes full of the Guild of Thieves b/c of how strong it was previous to v1.6. Is there any possibility that we could get 1 free hall of order reset to cope with this change? I'm no longer interested in 100% sabotage and changing is going to be far to costly.

Please give us some relief since this change is EXTREMELY drastic, but again at the same time much appreciated!

DeletedUser924

Why should they do that the choice to chose that order was made. The price to change is set we all knew that.

DeletedUser1919

The choice was made based on a different set of circumstances. It is not unusual for a company to reset once they've made a significant change, i mean WoW and almost every MMO does it by default when a class change is made. Had this mechanic functioned from the start with how it will with v1.6 i would have never chosen that route.

Changing a mechanic mid game without some relief is PUNISHMENT to players.

DeletedUser2103

Empo they don't even refund troops that were lost during the whole missing troops bug incident, youve got little chance of convincing them to give out any freebies for this I feel. I think you will get the inevitable 'this is beta' response.

gencyde1

DangerousDan;n26068 said:
Empo they don't even refund troops that were lost during the whole missing troops bug incident, youve got little chance of convincing them to give out any freebies for this I feel. I think you will get the inevitable 'this is beta' response.

Even to those that provided adequate proof? Well that is shitty

DeletedUser1919

I wouldn't consider this a freebie. I would propose that all hall of orders reset as part of the patch as most other MMOs do when major changes to class specific mechanics occur.

DeletedUser1993

although i am actively using the sabotage feature i am happy to see some attempts to balance it out.
and i agree with Empo that a free reset should be granted, one time only, as now the circumstances are totally different from those that were at hand when most of us chose the thieves order for our HoO. the players are not responsible for the conditions that were valid some time ago; those conditions were created by the game developers, so now it's not unreasonable to ask for a free reset
not that i'm sure i will use such reset in the first place :) sabotage is still a very mighty weapon, even with the new rules, as still there is no way to defend against it, and still the spy interactions are totally random, decided by chance and not by some formula. this update only reduces the number of sabotages a player can launch. it is of course something, but it smells of an emergency action taken in a hurry so that the boat does not sink too fast. i hope this feature will be revisited by the game crew and that it will be remodelled.

what i don't like in this 1.6.0. is that there is no indication that a very annoying bug will be fixed - the one with the immortal support troops. currently there are still cases of support troops suffering damage during the attack, but regenerating immediately after that. you can waste all your attack forces and practically not kill a single troop. LiamAird, can you give some insight about what is being done to rectify this bug?

DeletedUser997

Well announcing exactly what will be updated will pobably cause some players to try and do as much damage as possible before the update is coming. The ones that will most probably do this are the ones with alot of spy halls. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what RustyNail will do before the update.

I really hope you can only change the Hall with a break it down by level and pay the resourses (and time) for it to do so. Telling it's too costly to reform is a joke, since the damages those "broken" spies have caused over time when they are Over Powered .... that is certainly a lot higher then the cost it'll take to change your choice anyway. A cheap spy of 500 resources and a building time of 24minutes that takes down a Farm lvl30 or barrack lvl25 or all other high levels ... that's not a few resources, that's days in building time. Leveling a totally build out village of 11k is perfectly possible in a few hours ... rebuilding it takes weeks (if you think I am exagerating, trust me I'm not, I have experienced it as a victime first hand)

The only right way to fix a system (sabotage in this case) this unballanced, would be to disable it entirely until you get a fundamental possible solution. Test that new solution in the beta, see if there are new weaknesses, or ways to abuse the feature, and if it is flawed to that extend ... disable it again and go back to the drawing board.

There are just too many problems with sabotage. Look in the bug section there are other nice bugs like buildings being taken down, but provisions not being restored ... meaning you can't even rebuild the building. I don't have to make a drawing what possible concequences of the provisions bug, I'm not gonna go into detail so that a I don't give ideas to those that haven't realised that yet.

DeletedUser1993

that's why i wrote it looks like an emergency action. it's not a thorough decision and it's not a good decision either.
i have also experienced some of the bugs, provisions not updating is probably the most irritating one. but it this can be solved in two ways - upgrade the farm if possible, or file a ticket and ask the game crew to manually fix the population. one of my villages had its church destroyed, but somehow farm was never hit and remained at level 30. no way obviously to upgrade it and thus regain the population, so i filed a ticket and some time later my population was fixed. of course this has to be fixed. another thing that has to be fixed is destroyed buildings still having their effect on the village - sending sabotages without HoO. another bug is that when a HoO with thieves guild is destroyed an then rebuilt, it has the order already chosen, which is a bit weird. this also has to be fixed, otherwise players have to pay the resources to choose an order in a rebuild Hall

and there's no need to go personal and blame me for using the sabotage. i have already wrote that i don't like it, but i stated that i would use it nevertheless, and i am regularly using it, regardless of my mixed feelings. afterall, it will be ridiculous to have a bazooka in your hands and never use it, or use it as an ordinary pipe, right.
the fact that some of my sabotages land in your villages before the update is just a coincidence indeed.

DeletedUser997

I understand your reasoning, it's just the opposite of my reasoning.

I haven't used sabotage yet in the game because I have on several occasions pointed out why it is totally unballanced and I think it should have been removed until they find a way to repair the system. That's why I haven't used it, I would feel like a hypocrite for preaching one thing and at the same time doing it myself. Though I'm no saint and can imagine myself starting to use sabotage too as a retaliation, I'm still debating with myself on that point. Depends on when my brain says I've had enough playing with a disadvantage ...

Your reasoning is that the sabotage system flawed but since it's there I'll use it ... even though it's not my reaction ( I have been tempted several times to adopt that reasoning too, so I really can understand it ) but at this point I haven't reached my breaking point to this decision just yet, I'm going to hope the update comes soon and see if it brings back at least some ballance before I decide what I'm going to do myself :)

One of the things why I might be hesitant to use it is that I see sabotage as a system that was supposed to be used as a help to break through turtled up players, not as a result itself ... I have not really a sense of fulfilment in breaking down a village in a matter of hours you know is going to take weeks (or months) to rebuild, but that's everybody elses choice in what they enjoy I guess. I do feel that if a system allows total annihilation and a player chooses to go that way, that it should also have an equal cost or effort to accomplish that, how one is going to implement that, I don't know, but at this time, the destruction is way too fast/easy and cheap and in all honesty, since there is no defence whatsoever, there is (correct me if I'm wrong) no "skill / tactic / or any other planning" necessary. While attacking usually takes a little planning, perhaps some fakes, timing, if the clears get stopped, you have lost weeks of building yourself so normally you think twice, it's not like in an hour I'll send my newly acquired spy ;)

I guess this also boils down to the way people play the game ... There should be a counter available to protect yourself or your friends, in short some ballance :)

DeletedUser1919

Nightlord;n26077 said:
Well announcing exactly what will be updated will pobably cause some players to try and do as much damage as possible before the update is coming. The ones that will most probably do this are the ones with alot of spy halls. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what RustyNail will do before the update.

I really hope you can only change the Hall with a break it down by level and pay the resourses (and time) for it to do so. Telling it's too costly to reform is a joke, since the damages those "broken" spies have caused over time when they are Over Powered .... that is certainly a lot higher then the cost it'll take to change your choice anyway. A cheap spy of 500 resources and a building time of 24minutes that takes down a Farm lvl30 or barrack lvl25 or all other high levels ... that's not a few resources, that's days in building time. Leveling a totally build out village of 11k is perfectly possible in a few hours ... rebuilding it takes weeks (if you think I am exagerating, trust me I'm not, I have experienced it as a victime first hand)

The only right way to fix a system (sabotage in this case) this unballanced, would be to disable it entirely until you get a fundamental possible solution. Test that new solution in the beta, see if there are new weaknesses, or ways to abuse the feature, and if it is flawed to that extend ... disable it again and go back to the drawing board.

There are just too many problems with sabotage. Look in the bug section there are other nice bugs like buildings being taken down, but provisions not being restored ... meaning you can't even rebuild the building. I don't have to make a drawing what possible concequences of the provisions bug, I'm not gonna go into detail so that a I don't give ideas to those that haven't realised that yet.

TLDR; Players deserve to have to pay for a HoO change because they used the function as it was intended?

That is the ridiculous.

Can we get a community post here to understand how this will be handled?

DeletedUser997

Originally you didn't even have the oportunity to rechoose unless you destroyed your village or renobled it, so it's already more flexible to change.

Second, the feature sabotage has *never* functioned as originally intended, *never*. I don't find the source atm, but when I originally read about sabotage I thought it was a joke, too costly, too much uncertainty and plain weak. In the original texts I remember something along the lines, "All spies that are send on a sabotage mission die" and " spies *try* to sabotage a random building and only on a succesful sabotage it will lower 1 level"

All this seemed to suggest that sabotage was random, not 100% sure and you needed several spies.
The way it functions now is, you just scout to wipe out the defence and all other spies that are being send have 100% hit rate, you can even send them 1 at a time ... This is certainly *not* as the original texts I read somewhere seemed to suggest.

DeletedUser1993

1.6 is here, but the game still lets me send one spy on a sabotage mission. i expected that the "send" button would be greyed out unless at least three spies were selected. could someone provide an explanation?

also, what happens with the saboteurs which were on their way on time of the update?

DeletedUser123

As far as I know the button will not be greyed out, but if you attempt to send less then 3 the error will pop up.

DeletedUser1993

confirmed :) thanks for the prompt response!
how about the second question?

DeletedUser123

I really don't know what will happen with those. My best guess is that all ongoing commands will be finished normally, meaning that they might actually sabotage something.