URL linking

• Thread starter DeletedUser1919
  • Start date

DeletedUser1919

Bump, this is really annoying and makes it difficult communicating.

DeletedUser80

We can't support external projects at the moment. Please come back with this after the beta status of TW2.

DeletedUser1620

Why are the community mods posting such insulting replies?

It is insulting to have some garbage, generic reply that clearly demonstrates the person did not even attempt to read/understand your concern.

This is a real bug. Link delimiters are not properly being encoded in-game, resulting in broken links. URL arguments delimited by ampersands & are being converted to the HTML entity "&", which obviously breaks the URL. This has nothing to do with "supporting external projects". Your in-game forum and in-game mail breaks links, that is internal to TW2 and if you took the time to read the concern before you posted a generic reply and Rejected it, you would clearly understand that..

DeletedUser1620

It is unbelievable the poor quality of customer relations we are receiving here. We are volunteering to Beta test a game for InnoGames and spending money to purchase Crowns, and this is the kind of customer relations we get when we find bugs and have concerns? Wow.. Just wow!

DeletedUser1919

Fatal_Error;n21118 said:
We can't support external projects at the moment. Please come back with this after the beta status of TW2.

What does that even mean? The game has built in URL linking. It is currently broken. How is that an external project? All i'm asking is that you correctly convert URLs in the TW2 linking.

DeletedUser1919

TheCrustyOne;n21182 said:
It is unbelievable the poor quality of customer relations we are receiving here. We are volunteering to Beta test a game for InnoGames and spending money to purchase Crowns, and this is the kind of customer relations we get when we find bugs and have concerns? Wow.. Just wow!

Well put, people are spending real currency on this beta and you're telling me you can't fix a simple URL linking system to accurately pass through specific characters. That is crap!

DeletedUser1919

Rejected? This is a huge fail. We are talking about URL linking. How can you expect people to link external websites if your system creates malformed links?

DeletedUser1893

If there's a problem linking to one site that doesn't necessarily mean the url linking is broken. If you can provide other sites where the url linking doesn't work then we will look into it. I just tested linking the map and it works.

DeletedUser1919

It isn't one site it is a specific set of syntax which i have provided. check my above comments. Every site that uses the syntax is effected.

DeletedUser1919

You're correct, linking via the web forum is functional. Linking via ingame mail and ingame forums does not work. Please verify.

DeletedUser1893

Please try and be more specific and report these types of errors in the bug forum. When I read it, it sounded like you were talking about the external forums. If you can add more detail next time, we can fix this issue.

For example:

Currently the "in-game url linking" is broke. Using http://a.mir-it.info/tw2/site/index?...ncrease_size=0 The system detects %stuff as |. This can cause websites to display incorrectly or lead to broken links. is there anyway that we can fix this? I have multiple examples, please contact for details.

This issue will be passed on and we will try and fix it as soon as possible.

DeletedUser1919

I'm not sure how else to describe the fact that when i use the in game url linking system it doesn't work if the URL has %3 or %7. Thanks for passing it on though. Please contact me directly for further queries.

DeletedUser40

/Topic have been moved to the correct place.
Remember that bugs needs to be posted in the "Bug Section" where as ideas/suggestions goes into the "Ideas and Suggestion" forum.
Making topic in the correct forums will also avoid misunderstandings :)

The issue have been forwarded to our devs.