Unlocking Paladin Weapon(s) Suggestion

DeletedUser1075

Wanted to first thank Inno for bringing TW2 into Beta.

As I was unlocking one of the paladins weapons, it occurred to me that they can be upgraded out right for a crown cost.

I do miss the random "treasure hunting" feel of Tribal Wars, however it's not what concerns me the most.

Being able to have access to upgrading weapons at an earlier stage without any "game play" requirements is
going to allow high paying players an extreme advantage over those that do not. Yes the restrictions of provinacial
penalties currently restrict those players, but in the end those restrictions will be lifted in time, at which point they will
have had time to build their resource base just in time for the bigger push to dominate.

There should at the very least be a "gaming requirement" before crowns can be used to unlock
weapons and their upgrades. I would like to see no unlocking and/or upgrades to weapons by crowns at all, however
the fiscal return would seem to great not to keep it.

Perhaps there could be a way to balance this potentially overpowered system, by level of village requirements. A village
would have to be a certain point before level 2 upgrades could be applied, and again a little higher up in points before level
three upgrades would be calculated in. Of course keeping the current percentage loss that stands for villages that do not grow
over time should apply here as well. this will keep the community moving forward without an extreme starter crushing the
neighborhood right from the hop.

Just a suggestion.

DeletedUser1075

wilberhamm;n12868 said:
Wanted to first thank Inno for bringing TW2 into Beta.

Perhaps there could be a way to balance this potentially overpowered system, by level of village requirements. A village
would have to be a certain point before level 2 upgrades could be applied, and again a little higher up in points before level
three upgrades would be calculated in. Of course keeping the current percentage loss that stands for villages that do not grow
over time should apply here as well.

I wanted to clarify here a little bit. I was mainly speaking of how the bonuses of the weapons would be applied to not only the owners level
(some buildings should need to be at certain level before unlocking weapons, or their upgrades can be accessed), but to the defenders
village level as well. keeping in mind a "game requirement" like having to have recruited x number of a specific troop to be be able to upgrade/access
to unlock that weapon type.