Rejected The Maps, Menus and Tribal Forums

DeletedUser1431

The map in general is well run and built however there are some minor annoyances and inefficiencies. The overall view is a problem. I do not like having two large, wasteful, and largely non occupied bars clouding the top and bottom of my screen largely containing menus with which have no interest. This is the first instance of a problem I often encounter in all parts of the game, gluttonous use of menu and screen space. All of the information contained in both the side and top/bottom bars can be provided much more efficiently with smaller icons. Small floating rectangular menus and icons (by this I mean they should lay over the map and have the ability to me minimized) in the bottom middle and upper left/right areas would to the same job and provide much more space to view the map allowing for a more accurate and comprehensive interpretation of the information it provides. I think in general the game is too graphically oriented. Things are very glossy and flashy, very out there and unique. This can be good however I do not think this style is used correctly. In general menus and icons take up too much space.
Another grievance I have is simply that when moving long distances the map is very jerky and unpredictable. I do not know how to fix this so I shall leave that to the people with real knowledge who I pay for the service of this generally well designed and spectacular game.
The tribal forums I think are by far the most dire problem because easy and swift communication with tribe members is truly crucial. I definitely do not think they should be part of any overlay. The forums should really be independent, housed comfortably on another web page. I need to be able do view and do things in the map in the village whitest retaining the ability to look and post in the forum easily. I would argue a similar feature to be used with private messaging for exactly the same reason.
I feel like in game communication is not emphasized nearly enough, I also feel like it is not nearly as easy and swift as it needs to be to efficiently run a tribe. Tribal wars I has very independent menus that have their own webpages and while sometimes this is not a good way to do things, it generally works well. Tribal wars II on the other hand is a sort of a one stop shop. You can do everything on one webpage. Both designs are extreme, some menus need to be isolated and some do not. Having all information and action available on one screen is very messy.

One more problem I noticed, I do not have the ability to tab paragraphs in the forums. This post would look much better if I did.

DeletedUser1193

I have to agree to all points. I like to open several pages for several things, especially if I am a tribal leader. I can do that here but it opens up the entire main page rather then just forum or email or map. I'm sure I will get used to it and make it work but it's definitely a negative.