Survival of the Noble

DeletedUser2007

As far as my knowledge goes the global rules for a noble to survive a battle (derived from TW1) are as simple as:
1. Noble dies if more than 50% of the units die.

Somehow I have found this to be false and am wondering what the exact rule regarding noble survival or death is.
Take a look at the following, about 90% of all troops die, yet the noble survives:
uVGixZo.png

The only kind of explanation I could come up with is the following:
"Noble dies if more than 50% of the units in the "noble" group (which is infantry) die, without taking the noble into account".
Given that the noble would be considered part of the infantry group, and in the report you can see there are no offensive infantry units, this results in 0 units participating, but also 0% of the units dying, but at the same time also 100% dies as there 0 deaths of 0 units is 0%, but also 100% (weird right?!).

What I would actually expect is the Noble to be fighting along with "the largest group" just as a Rams and Knights would do. If that would be the case, then the simple rule of "50%+ dies, noble dies" would apply and the noble should have died.

If anyone has a far better explanation of how this mechanic works, I'd love to hear it.

DeletedUser40

The rule about the noble survival in Tribal Wars 2 states that, the noble has a chance of dying, if more than 50% of the units are killed.

DeletedUser2007

The rule about the noble survival in Tribal Wars 2 states that, the noble has a chance of dying, if more than 50% of the units are killed.

Is this stated somewhere in the Wiki or is this simply an unwritten rule?

DeletedUser1587

lol I am pretty sure you asked this on the EN forums as well. :)