Rejected Suggestion: Village/Town Visual updates.

DeletedUser1435

The game all in all is nearly the same as Tribal Wars 1. The only different feel that I get so far is that the game has a nicer village IMAGE and nothing more. Same for the units where you can see a nicer IMAGE. There are new buildings and some older ones were taken out (workshop,stables), still not making any noticeable difference. So where so far I feel that Tribal Wars 2 makes a difference is basically nowhere. I feel by 99% that I am playing Tribal Wars 1. No kidding.

I don't understand why get into all this work to produce the same thing ( like the COD series).
Since I am sure you developers want to make a better game...a game that will appeal to more people, I would recommend these:

1. The village is very ... empty. Seriously, 4000 (at the end 24.000) population and the village seems empty. Where do those people live? Can't you add some houses in the picture as the village grows into a city and then a capital?? Haven't you seen how castles where in real life back in the medieval ages? That's exactly what I am asking. Add some houses so that we get the FEELING that we run a GROWING CITY/Castle.
2. Also...i have 3000 troops in defense...i wonder: Where are those troops all the time? are they all stuck inside the barracks? Have a few troopers on the walls just sitting around, and in various places...make the city/village more ALIVE!

3. This should be on another topic but i will mention it here: You should seriously consider the option to prevent attacking an enemy village with cavalry only after they have wall lvl 1. It is impossible that a cavalry brigade can attack and win a battle when the defenders are behind a wall. SERIOUSLY now. Get real. Unless accompanied by siege weapons and infantry yes, WHERE IF AND ONLY IF the cavalry units attack with siege equipment only they will get an attack penalty. Also, medium numbers of spearmen can easily take out many cavalry units...read some war tactics and you will see it. Spearmen can out class even the heaviest of cavalry. Read history, you will see it there.
(I am not saying it in a bad way...I am saying it in case you dont believe me, to go check the history. I am just saying my ideas that, in my opinion give the game same depth, cause so far the game mechanics is just number superiority.)

Thank you all for reading.
Berseker

DeletedUser905

1. & 2. I've been playing some other games with animations, even old TW have some animations. But I'm usually turning them off, because in best case they are usually just disturbing and in worst case they prevent you from actually playing the game. For example in Ikariam you can't click on building then the animated birds are flying over it.
3. This depends on what time in history you select and what part of the world. If you take for example Western Europe of early crusades time, there were no mounted archers. Actually first ranged mounted units in Western Europe were light cavalry armed with pistols. If you start digging you'll find lots of mismatches with historical facts, BUT...
This is just a game, not a historical battle simulator.

DeletedUser1435

Then what is the point in making a TW2 if the game is exactly the same as in TW1 ?
Since they WENT into the trouble of making a better IMAGE of the village, they should at least make it look good. If you have ONE JOB you got to make that JOB good. Something they havent done. Since they decided to offer "graphics" in the game they should make a good job out of it.

DeletedUser905

Graphics and animations are two different things. Graphics is just a nice static pictures, animations are some actions which require CPU time, memory and possibly network traffic, without providing anything to improve actual game play experience.