Rejected Suggestion: Premium worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2335

Hi,

I posted this over at the en.tribalwars2.com forums too, but this forum seems to get more attention from InnoGames so I'll also post it here. Also, may I ask why the game has been split up into beta and en links? What's the difference between the two, does beta receive updates first for testing before they apply to en or something?

Anyway... On with the post:
Old player here, I've already made a similar thread to this one twice (on the EN forum) but it got deleted by the mods for "disturbing the peace", I won't elaborate too much because it'll probably result in this one getting deleted too - I think I went too far bashing the current micropayment system.

Basically I'd like to see premium worlds, which you need to be a member to play on (which should cost maybe £5-£10 per month) and allow no pay2win what-so-ever (no spending crowns at all). Why would I want this? Well, simply because if you take a look at what you can purchase in-game, there is no limit to how strong you can become purely by spending money. The "game" should be called Credit Card Wars, because as it stands currently the winners are the people with the biggest credit cards. A competition of who can spend the most. SouthPark recently made an episode called "freemium isn't free", I won't link it here again due to fear of deletion but you guys should check it out - An episode ripping pay2win games.

Premium worlds would offer players the ability to pay a reasonable monthly fee (thus; supporting the devs), in order to play a fair, healthily competitive game of Tribal Wars the way it should be. InnoGames, would you consider this? Players, what would you think of this, and are you happy with the current payment system in-game? Would you players pay2play a premium world if it was offered? I certainly would! But I won't pay a penny to support the current system they have in place, and I'm sure many others feel the same way - Look how popular this amazing game is in comparison to Tribal Wars 1 in its prime. I wouldn't even mind paying a separate monthly fee for access to each premium server if there's multiple.

Please don't remove this one mods, we need a discussion on this. I've tried my best to be nice this time!
smile.png

Cheers!

DeletedUser2139

I can not find the exact quot ,it is here on forum somewhere, i will keep searching for it...
but we have received already an official answer for the subscription idea.

They calculated that it will cost about 40 euro for a month and even then will be the fear that subscriptions drops below the break even level.

At 40 euro a month some countries tw2worlds will be pretty much empty.

DeletedUser894

Yes i can't afford to pay 40 euro's a month. Atm i don't buy crowns at all and i am happy with my position in all the worlds i play on (currently 4). I think it depends on style of play. If you are a super competitive player and have to be no1 at all costs then buying crowns is going to cost. However if you are like me and don't mind what your world ranking is as long as you are enjoying playing then it don't cost much if any at all.

Beta worlds do get the updates before EN.

DeletedUser2335

Zaen;n24447 said:
Yes i can't afford to pay 40 euro's a month. Atm i don't buy crowns at all and i am happy with my position in all the worlds i play on (currently 4). I think it depends on style of play. If you are a super competitive player and have to be no1 at all costs then buying crowns is going to cost. However if you are like me and don't mind what your world ranking is as long as you are enjoying playing then it don't cost much if any at all.

Beta worlds do get the updates before EN.

Yeah it's not that I have to be #1, I just hate when a game is dictated by the size of your credit card. Currently, that's the best way to progress in the game. Throw cash at it. I personally won't spend a penny for any pay2win shit. I currently feel like I'm only playing to publish my review of CreditCard Wars then that's it unless they do something about the pay2win.

EDIT: If anyone could find that post where they spoke about premium worlds that'd be greatly appreciated :)

DeletedUser80

Hey Guys,
please do not discuss in this thread about "pay2win". This is the suggestion and ideas part of this forum. So please use this thread for the discussion.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

DeletedUser2335

maat;n24476 said:

Thanks man.
Yeah, after having thought about it some more the "features" (lmao) that make it totally ridiculous is the instant build, and the fact you can instantly buy troops. If it wasn't for those features, I'd be playing longterm and paying to enjoy and support the game. Purely because of those features alone, I'll quit after my 1 "go" at it. Basically what's going to happen here, is that free players and small spenders will get driven out the game once they realise it's just CreditCard Wars.

All that will be left is a handful of idiots insta-building everything and buying all the troop deals everyday fighting eachother with their cash. They'll eventually wake the f*** up and quit the game too.

I really hope people don't actually support this nasty payment model, and would encourage everyone not to until it's fixed tbh.

DeletedUser894

Fatal_Error;n24471 said:
Hey Guys,
please do not discuss in this thread about "pay2win". This is the suggestion and ideas part of this forum. So please use this thread for the discussion.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Wrong place for this chat, please do as Fatal says and post in the link....... Don't want to make an Error.... ;)

DeletedUser924

Just though i would start with this. I'm currently in the top 50 and i have not paid a penny. So you say the only way to win is to pay but i honestly don't think that's the only contributing features. I'm very aggressive and kill everyone in my area. so one factor preventing you from winning is simply having the bad luck of being in my immediate area.

@Maat you say they calculated it would cost 40 euros a month for a world to have no premium features. is that if they converted the whole game to that style or just opened one world? It is very possible for a company to operate with one product maintaining a lose if the others maintained enough profit to compensate. so that price might not exactly be necessary if it was what would be needed if ll worlds went to that style.

Now in the case that it would cost that for a single world. then perhaps the OP's plan needs to be modified. everyone has a different opinion one what features they feel are unfair or not. but most agree things like paying for instant trades, queue slots, resource boosts and a few others are not too unfair. the idea behind it being you pay for the ability to not spending your time farming so those who spend their time farming are able to keep up with the advantages you have. So if there was a select set of the features that are debated as unfair that are disabled leaving some flexibility to pay for convenience features then the required cost of 40 euros a month would decrease (without the statistical data they used for the first estimate i would not even speculate as too how much a decrease we would see). The idea would be to create worlds that resemble the classical worlds on TW1. You could even limit the number of players to allow for a more competitive game.

DeletedUser894

I understand your point but the whole idea of TW2 is that it isn't a copy of TW1 but a new game in its own right. It will always have some similarity to TW1 which does mean those familiar with it find it easy to follow BUT it is meant to have different features. It would be very boring if it was a direct copy with improved graphics. We are still in beta stage and the end game may look very different to what we have now. Some features may be dropped/altered, some new ones may emerge. Who can say?

How many people honestly pay more than £10 a month on this game? So far out of in total for all worlds i am in i have spent less than that since i started playing. I certainly can't afford a monthly fee but rather spend as and when the game and my budget suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.