Spies

DeletedUser1662

Hi What are the necessary levels of the taverna to the different types of "Spies"? Can only recruit 5 by city?In addition to the countermeasures: would another type of Defense you can haveagainst spies them? Wall level higher does something?

Brenin

Serf
I have looked at the entries covering spies from the wiki and can see that lots need to be added concerning the development of spies, espionage and even player roles in the "Endgame" where select players can be designated as "Spymasters" which will enhance the espionage capabilities of their spies. I have posted a link below for you to see for yourself. One clear piece of info answers your first question concerning "Tavern Levels". The rest might have to be discovered as the the game progresses. This info has been copied from the wiki....

TAVERN LEVELS FOR COUNTERMEASURES

Level 3 Camouflage
This research unlocks the camouflage countermeasure. With camouflage you can deceive enemy spies who have infiltrated your village and mislead them to report a false building level of one of your structures back home.

Level 6 Switch weapons
This research unlocks the switch weapon countermeasure. This countermeasure deceives your opponents by switching the troop numbers of two random military units with each other, thus making your enemies come to wrong conclusions about the real strength and composition of your army.

Level 9 Dummies
his research unlocks the dummies countermeasure. With dummies you can bluff other players by feinting empty army slots to be occupied by Spearmen.

Level 12 Exchange
This research unlocks the exchange countermeasure. Exchange forces a spy who failed to scout your village to instead submit a report of his or her own village to you.

I have posted a link to the wiki concerning the entries on "spies" below, for you to see for yourself

DeletedUser1662

I have read on WIKI countermeasures.
Want to know: what taverna levels to unlock 5 spies? also other measures you can taketo protect themselves from spies them?.

DeletedUser1448

Cant say for sure but it unlocks before the Tavern is maxed. About 2 levels down I think. But dont be in any hurry to get it. It costs an arm and a leg. And if u do alot of spy missions he may just die for no good reason. I think the more a spy costs the strong they should be like it takes 2 level 1 spy to kill a level 2 spy...and 4 level 2 spy to kill a level 3 spy and so forth

DeletedUser114

Hi,

With every unlocked countermeasure, a new will be unlocked as well. So if you reach a certain level, new spies will be available. So if you unlock the final countermeasure, you will unlock the last spy as well. You just need to recruit it.

DeletedUser894

And the last spy costs loads and dies first..... I still think that this is wrong.

Usurper

Squire
It's also interesting that upgrading tavern from level 12 to 15 is absolutely useless. It doesn't give you anything except points. For example every other building always give you some bonuses like HC needs barracks at level 21. Upgrading it higher doesn't unlock any other units but still it reduces the training time, the same goes to HQ and so on. Hope you get what I mean. There should be something that would strive a player to upgrade it higher as soon as he unlocks exchange + the 5th spy.

DeletedUser894

Yes, like making him less vulnerable to being killed!

DeletedUser80

Zaen;n17679 said:
And the last spy costs loads and dies first..... I still think that this is wrong.

Yes, because that´s the easiest and understandablest way. That´s the only reason.

DeletedUser894

Fatal_Error;n17712 said:
Yes, because that´s the easiest and understandablest way. That´s the only reason.

I still don't get it... why should something so expensive be so easy to kill.

DeletedUser1979

I don't know if this has been asked before: If your spy report is green and you didn't lose any spies does the player being spied on know I spied on him?

DeletedUser894

If you refer to the wiki it clearly says that in a green report * A spy attempt was successful (as attacker)* but in an amber report * A spy attempt was discovered and countermeasures initiated (as defender)*. so as a green report as the attacker you haven't been seen. It also says under Espionage that *The enemy will not notice your spies as long as they are on their way. There is even a chance that the enemy will not discover your spies at all.*

DeletedUser924

They have said that the reason there is 15 levels is so another tech can be added in the future; so i think that is their goal.