Spies - Sabotage Feature

DeletedUser1448

Overall spies have been one of the biggest let downs of this game. First off are spies meant to survive a sabotage attack ever. I recently sent a sabotage mission of 3 spies against a low score player whom doesn't have any spies and guess what all 3 of my spies dies but the mission was successful. Ok 2 questions - 1 if all the spies are dead who reported that the mission was successful. 2 if the village had no opposing spies why are my spies dead. IF this is how sabotage missions are supposed to work then developers can quit this game while we are still in beta

DeletedUser894

FoxKnight;n18956 said:
the worst in Tribes 2

I understand that you have issues with the spies and how they work, but i am not sure what your comment is referring to, please can you clarify.

DeletedUser1448

I want to clarify if spies sent on sabotage missions are designed to die 100% of the time. If not, why are they dying 100% of the time. I want to know if this is a bug. I even tested in by attacking a low score village with zero spies just to see what would happen. And guess what they all died. If this is a design feature then its sucks and need to be changed to make the game more fun

DeletedUser1907

I would like to add that @kindred's logic is sound. If all spies die, how would you know if the mission was successful?

I personally haven't had a chance to play with them however I am assuming they are replacing the scouts from tribal wars 1?

Thanks, JBird608.

DeletedUser1662

One question,if you send three spies and dies one: how it is the report of the enemy?.Do learns that he is spied?.

DeletedUser2165

I miss the scouts. I think the spies are a stupid mechanic.

I genuinely hope the game developers decide to go back to using scouts. Even if you keep the spies feature rework it and keep scouts as well. Maybe make the ability to train a rare spy unit that can attempt to take the place of a spearman or something in the enemy army. It would "transform" into one of their units, and either defend like their unit or try to escape when the player is attacked and rejoin when the battle is over (with a 10% chance to die each time the player is attacked or something). While it is in the other players village it can supply a more steady stream of information upon request. Maybe it can send a pigeon or something with info about the village when you request it, the pigeon could fly at scout speed or something...

Just ideas...

As it is, if you don't intend to rework spies then remove them and implement scouts again. I don't plan to spend money on this game unless the scouts come back and spies are removed or reworked. That feature is; quite frankly, stupid.
-Kain

DeletedUser2165

For the record, I miss the stable too. I can live without because the barracks essentially takes its place but I think it would be better to have the horses and infantry recruited in separate buildings. Then an efficient player could even recruit both simultaneously.
-Kain

DeletedUser2159

I think the spy feature is good, it is the sabotage that is a problem.

If many players from Tribe A sabotage one player in Tribe B there is little he or his tribe B can do. Tribe B can't support him against sabotages. The only way Tribe B can help that player at the moment is to attack the people from tribe A who are sending the sabotages. That might not make any sense tactically. Tribe B would need to risk everything (send a huge army with catapults) while the sabotagers of tribe A risk very little (they only have to keep recruiting spies while the other person loses his buildings and his entire village eventually). He might have a great defensive force, but they dont have to attack him, no, they can kill him with only spies :O

he idea that you can destroy an entire city with only spies is ridiculous imho.

DeletedUser2175

kaincallavis;n22205 said:
For the record, I miss the stable too. I can live without because the barracks essentially takes its place but I think it would be better to have the horses and infantry recruited in separate buildings. Then an efficient player could even recruit both simultaneously.
-Kain

In the old version you had 3 queues, barracks, stable and workshop. Now you only have one queue and no way to change the order in the free version anyway. I am fine with one building but we need the 3 queues back so you can work on different troops at the same time.

DeletedUser894

Please get back on track with this thread. It is about spies not stables....

DeletedUser894

There are known issues about spies and the sabotage feature, it is being worked on and will be sorted.

juv95hrn

Spies can survive sabotage attacks. Attacks are rarely successful so I doubt it will be much of problem unless you send huge amounts of spies, which costs lots of resources, which army does too, which also a threat. Spies are just an alternate way of striking at your enemy.

DeletedUser894

I don't know how you have been sending your spies to sabotage but there have been planty of posts about how out of balance this feature is, both from those who have had villas points dropped and from those who have used the sabs successfully.

DeletedUser924

m4user;n22257 said:
I think the spy feature is good, it is the sabotage that is a problem.

If many players from Tribe A sabotage one player in Tribe B there is little he or his tribe B can do. Tribe B can't support him against sabotages. The only way Tribe B can help that player at the moment is to attack the people from tribe A who are sending the sabotages. That might not make any sense tactically. Tribe B would need to risk everything (send a huge army with catapults) while the sabotagers of tribe A risk very little (they only have to keep recruiting spies while the other person loses his buildings and his entire village eventually). He might have a great defensive force, but they dont have to attack him, no, they can kill him with only spies :O

he idea that you can destroy an entire city with only spies is ridiculous imho.

Why does the defender have to send cats? if tribe A is sabotaging tribe B why can tribe B not retaliate in kind? then you would have a spy war. though as in the other forum i hear a lot of talk about spamming sabotage but i don't see it happening all that often.

Also to the OP yes the spies are supposed to die 100% of the time. tell me how do you think the spies destroyed a building by spending hours dismantling it? i think not it happens instantaneously so it must be the work of a suicide bombing and typically suicide bombers die in the process. as to how you can see the success of the saboteur is that each saboteur has a civilian spotter who stays on the hill side and reports back if the destruction of the building was successful or not and which building it hit if so.