Scripts

DeletedUser181

Hi,

I bring up the subject because I think the scripts are crucial in a game like TW2. The community can get involved in improving the game and help other players: scripts are a good way to fill in the blanks.

Innogames choice to forbid scripts as you can see in the rules and I want to understand the reasons of this decision. So, I have some questions for the Lead CM because I guess it was his call to not allow scripts in game.

Do I make a mistake in reading the rules for scripts ?
Why did you take this decision?
Is this valid for all communities ?

And i don't forget the community:

Do you think this is a good choice ?

DeletedUser260

I think it's a perfectly fine choice. I came here to play TW2, not TW1.

DeletedUser181

DaWolf85;n6979 said:

I never play on TW1 but it's not the only game in this damn world. I play on Grepolis and many others games of this kind and after all this games, i think the scripts are useful for the players because they improve the comfort ingame.

DeletedUser330

DaWolf85;n6979 said:

A lot of scripts in TW1 are now into the game and are very positive for the gameplay... For example, the mass recruitment of TW1 was a script for a long time before developers incorporate this same functionality to the game. It was useful for all players. Some features of TW2 can also be optimized by a script for a better experience. Not necessarily remastered old scripts. New features can be improved. Ok, the suggestion system is here. But, it's a long process, also that depends of the roadmap and Inno's wishes. Scripts are often little things. Rarely a priority for developers. Allow to players to create functionalities can be really interesting and intuitive. Anyway cheaters and their bots will always exist. They will try... Forbid all scripts prevents only the good scripts. No ? But, I can understand Inno wants to control the gameplay of its product... Maybe a compromised system in each community can be found ?

DeletedUser831

I interpreted the rules are meaning no scripts have been approved yet, which didn't necessarily outlaw them outright, but meant that like in TW1, they had to be approved first. The scripts didn't just magically appear when TW1 was first created.

Besides, this is only the beta, and the developers are still trying to optimize the gameplay. Not really a priority right now, and it won't help if some users are using player-made scripts and others aren't. And a lot of things that scripts were developed for are integrated into TW2 anyway.

DeletedUser720

They will not be approving scripts as they believe they will be able to implement everything that a script to bring straight into the game, this way there are no disadvantages for not going out there and looking for scripts.

DeletedUser260

It's not a thing about trying to control the game, or trying to stop botting, or anything like that. It's a game balance issue. They want to remove the meta-game of finding the best scripts - as far as I can tell, because it was difficult for newer players to catch on to. And I'm completely okay with that. It was always a distraction for me; I would much rather focus on understanding the strategy and tactics of the game.

DeletedUser793

yea thank god. scripts used to be so dumb. Half the players didnt even know how to get scripts and then you had to look for the best ones and people had the most unfair advantages. really really dumb

DeletedUser5

DoctorHouse;n6976 said:
Do I make a mistake in reading the rules for scripts ?
Why did you take this decision?
Is this valid for all communities ?

And i don't forget the community:

Do you think this is a good choice ?
I am not the LCM, but the questions are easy to answer (as some people already did in this topic):
  • Do I make a mistake in reading the rules for scripts ? – Of course not, reading the rules is mandatory and keeps you from getting banned for heavy rule violation.
  • Why did you take this decision? – Playing TW2 is not about unfair advantages because of some script certain people know. As stated before, even in TW1, most players don't even know them. So to provide a fair environment for everyone, scripts are forbidden. And from support point of view it also makes sense, so we don't have to sort out script issues from actual issues on our side first (= wasting time).
  • Is this valid for all communities ? – Every market will have its own rules post, but as far as I know at this point: Yes, the rules will be pretty much the same everywhere.
  • Do you think this is a good choice ? – Yes, very much. See question #2.
...and I'll move this to the Questions forum, where it belongs. ;)