Rejected Scripts

DeletedUser449

On TW 1 we were able to develop scripts to help in lots of functions (Massive attacks, troops detections, etc. etc. etc.). Will you allow scripting on TW2 too?

DeletedUser449

I wasn't talking about this kind of script :p

I was talking about InGame scripts. At TW1, premium users could use custom scripts.

DeletedUser3

Hi Guys, To clarify, while we are aware that TW(Stämme) has a long history with scripts from user, we decided that we would like to move in another direction with TW2. Currently no scripts will be allowed as we aim to design a game that caters to the needs of all players, making scripts unnecessary, and also creating an even playing-field for all (scripts should not be a must have). This is a huge task, and will not be easily achieved, but we fell that it is possible with your help. We have ideas for managing big accounts and are optimistic about their usefulness. Thank you for your comments.

DeletedUser260

I think the removal of scripts is a great progression. While they were great for power-users, they were absolutely horrible for newbies. And many times, the player with the better scripts would have an unfair advantage in TW1. It did add an element of skill outside of normal gameplay, which I enjoyed, but I'm not here to play TW1. I'm here to play TW2, and that means it has to be different in some ways.

DeletedUser2661

It would have been nice if we could have scripts (or ingame functions) to evenly distribute resources between villages, mints coins, co-ordinate attacks from multiple villages etc. TW2 is very resource intensive on slower computers (such as my work computer where I am constantly logged in) so attacking with multiple villages and getting trains right is going to be hard

Jariid

Valetrix;n28932 said:
It would have been nice if we could have scripts (or ingame functions) to evenly distribute resources between villages, mints coins, co-ordinate attacks from multiple villages etc. TW2 is very resource intensive on slower computers (such as my work computer where I am constantly logged in) so attacking with multiple villages and getting trains right is going to be hard

I agree, but as they said, perhaps those things will be put ingame in the form of global functionality. There is no point looking for advantages that will only unbalance the game.

DeletedUser80

At the moment all kind of scripts are forbidden. Maybe we'll allow them in the future. But the odds are long.

DeletedUser2715

Well, as far as my opinion is concerned, if you are not allowing scripts, then give us the features that of the scripts and vice versa. Personally, I would love to not get around the mess of creating and using a script cause that sounds technical. Not that, but why do it when you get the features for free !

DeletedUser80

In the future our devs will offer you a lot of features, but at the moment there are some more important things... As I said a million times...