Premium functions

DeletedUser1375

Whenever I compare tribalwars 1 to tribalwars 2, I feel like on TW2, there are even MORE ways to get an advantage by 'paying'. I really dislike it. It was already bad on TW1, but on TW2 I have the idea that the ones paying can get an even bigger advantage by paying than before. Man, wake up. I know you guys want to earn money, but seriously, this goes too far! All those extra units you can buy to support your army, buying extra slots, buildings completing instantly, it gives you a HUGE advantage. So sick. You're basically forcing us to pay now. Which might be one of your goals, but in my humble opinion, your addressing the 'buy to win' factor way too much now.. I'm really sad to see this. I would actually prefer the old days of TW1 with very few premium functions rather than the pay 2 win functions in combination with TW 2. I've actually quit TW1, partially because of the fact that you had to keep spending money to play. It's not something I'd like to continiously do, as you may understand.

DeletedUser1375

A more detaled post, which I have posted in another topic, I shall post here as well. Mainly because it might possibly not get your attention right there.

Let me compare TW1 & TW2. In which I will split TW1 up into 2 parts, the newskool and oldskool part. I will talk about the functions you can get to pay.

Oldskool TW1:
- Standard premium ACCOUNT (!!!) and not some loose functions.
- Makes the 'better players' pay for the game to gain some extra, seriously usefull, functions. So it's actually WORTH to GET IT!

Newskool TW1:
- Standard premium account! Which is nice.. But..
- Also loose functions (resource improvement, building time decreasement, building cheaper, etc.)
- Still the non-paying or little-paying players who are more 'skilled' or 'experienced' can get the advantage in the game.

TW2:
- No standard premium ACCOUNT! ...
- Just all these loose functions which you all have to buy seperately over and over AGAIN.. which results into spending alot more money than you normally would have to. They are also, mostly, for just one village. Imagine having several villages. You cannot be in the top 5 without paying alot for each one of them imo. Remember, right now it's still in beta. But I've been playing on TW1 and seeing people playing with 4 on one account and all investing money just to be on that top 1 position. However, the others were still able to fight back, or be close to them!
- The difference between TW1 and TW2 is, that when you spend alot of money in TW2, you can gain a very, VERY big advantage compared to someone who is NOT paying, or not paying as much as you are.

My conclusion:

A game should normally be ment to generate some fair competition in which both parties can participate and have an equal chance at winning. In a game, SKILL should be what matters. How good you are compared to the other one. How much you are willing to invest (time-wise, not money) to defeat the one you are playing with / against. On TW2, I'm very, very afraid that it will all end in the 'lesser-skilled' players fighting it out at the "top" with who-ever pays more for all these neat features which will bring you victory.

I've quit on TW1 with the hope of TW2 being better. I really thought that I could one more time, play a beta which would not be focused yet on paying for winning. Everything is just the other way around. It almost seems like there are more premium functions than normal functions... And yea, the tutorial even makes you notice the premium features and what they do, to make you wanna buy them. Just pathetic.

My opinion:
- Create a general premium account which gives you neat, functional extra's that come in handy for fighting a fair war, and which is affordable. Basically like it used to be on TW1.
- Get rid of alot of the extra, costly 'new premium functions' which are just rubbish and give you WAY too much of an advantage compared to someone who cannot afford it. (Remember, games are also played by kids, kids who don't have as much money as the adults, and who will most likeley just quit whenever they see that they cannot win vs the pay-2-win users.

I Sincerely hope you will look into the features and you have now and realise that you are about to decrease the possible amount of new users that will start, or maintain to play this game your still working on.

Greets,
DeathWing

DeletedUser1372

I'm pretty sure they have done the math, and they don't really care. It's something like 0.05% of the players account for 85% of the revenue in games like this. They don't need a ton of players, they just need to hook a few of the right ones and they are making money. It's quite a shame since TW1 started out as such a pure game.

DeletedUser1593

Confirmed, Tribal wars 2 is a pay to win game. my tribal "leader" says he doesnt buy crowns. Yet we started at the same time (he is next to me) and its his first time in tribal wars (i have 4 years of tribal wars 1). The strange thing is that i just finished building the barracks at 18 (takes too long to construct xd) and he is telling me that he has headquarters at 20, barracks at 18 and already builded the academy too. He obviously paid to finish the building instantly xD

DeletedUser1587

Guys are you morons, you can just ignore those features and play the game like u want to, u wont lose any of its flavour (unlike TW1, where u cant expand the map which is extremely annoying, atleast here you can do it), if you can't be in top 10, then you can sure be in top 100 (without crows). Just have fun and play the game, dont worry about crows users, who cares, their money, their sh**