No scroll bar on reports

DeletedUser924

When I get a report there is no scroll bar for me to scroll down the results i have to click the report and then scroll down using my arrow keys. This showed up just after the last update and happens on both worlds. I use opera still i would also like to know if people have found other browsers to be better for this game since I am still using opera which i used primarily for the short keys in TW. I have attempted to upload screen shot with my personal info censored. As well as th reports not scrolling properly some buildings will not let me scrol down far enough to activate the technologies will eventually try running this on chrome to see how it handles compared to opera.

DeletedUser653

Same problem, Cleared cache, I open and close the timeline at the bottom to get the scroll bar back, but it is an inconvenience to have to keep doing that.

EDIT: I also use opera, this could be a glitch only related to this browser?

DeletedUser123

Samuri 4 life;n7539 said:
When I get a report there is no scroll bar for me to scroll down the results i have to click the report and then scroll down using my arrow keys. This showed up just after the last update and happens on both worlds. I use opera still i would also like to know if people have found other browsers to be better for this game since I am still using opera which i used primarily for the short keys in TW. I have attempted to upload screen shot with my personal info censored. As well as th reports not scrolling properly some buildings will not let me scrol down far enough to activate the technologies will eventually try running this on chrome to see how it handles compared to opera.

State your browser, browser version and world this is occurring on.

DeletedUser260

Opera 12 is several years old, perhaps try a newer browser? There's no particular use, as far as I can tell, to having shortcuts functionality now, without scripts.

DeletedUser653

23.0.1522.72 - Opera is up to date
Stable
Windows 8.1 64-bit (WoW64)

Version:
Update stream:
System:
[h=2]Browser identification[/h] Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/36.0.1985.125 Safari/537.36 OPR/23.0.1522.72

World 2

Opera 23 is only a few months old however :p, I prefer opera over chrome and other more common browsers as it is less strenuous for my laptop to use, its lighter weight so doesn't hurt my laptops lifespan and battery life as bad as some of the others. I also quite like the gestures.

DeletedUser905

I'm noticed similar problem with reports' scrollbar. Strange thing is that scrollbar appears and disappears without any logical reason or clue. Sometimes when I open report there is scrollbar ready, but sometimes it is not present. In order to get it appears I need to close and open reports several times.

I'm using Chrome: Version 36.0.1985.125
World 2

DeletedUser653

edufinn;n7726 said:
I'm noticed similar problem with reports' scrollbar. Strange thing is that scrollbar appears and disappears without any logical reason or clue. Sometimes when I open report there is scrollbar ready, but sometimes it is not present. In order to get it appears I need to close and open reports several times.

I'm using Chrome: Version 36.0.1985.125
World 2

You should try opening and closing the timeline below instead, works as a faster fix for me :)

DeletedUser905

iNate.;n7727 said:
You should try opening and closing the timeline below instead, works as a faster fix for me :)
Works for me too. Thanks for the tip, but still this does not change the fact. This is a bug.

DeletedUser653

edufinn;n7728 said:
Works for me too. Thanks for the tip, but still this does not change the fact. This is a bug.
Yeah I know, but its easier for the time being :) obviously needs sorting as soon as possible :)

DeletedUser924

please never reply clear your cache you are insulting my intelligence to assume that i'm to naive or stupid to have already tried all the simple fixes before posting here. As to what browser i'm using i stated in the beginning its opera but i was trying to switch to Google chrome and the problem persists additionally it only is on the reports every other scroll bar is still there thus it is not a browser related issue. Once again i stated in the first post tthis happens on both worlds. The scroll bar did appear just before the last update. my chrome is "Version 36.0.1985.125 m" My opera is version 12.17

Edit i just tested the opening the timeline and that has fixed the problem though like i said clicking on it and using the arrow or scroll bar on my mouse pad is still much quicker for a temporary fix.

DeletedUser260

Samuri 4 life;n7747 said:
please never reply clear your cache you are insulting my intelligence to assume that i'm to naive or stupid to have already tried all the simple fixes before posting here.
The amount of times I have tried to troubleshoot a problem and later found that it was simple solutions that I assumed had already been checked... far too high, and I don't even work in IT support. Not everybody remembers to clear cache/reload before reporting, hell, I've made that mistake on a few bug reports. Making sure that has already been done is simply to prevent a waste of time checking a problem that had an easy solution. It's not meant to insult your intelligence; in fact, it doesn't really have anything to do with intelligence at all.

Also, I thought from the OP that this was on Opera 12. Didn't realize it was on newer versions of Opera also, and figured it might be worth asking if it worked better in a newer browser. I can also confirm that now I look a bit further, I have this issue on Chrome as well. I just never noticed there even was a scrollbar on reports (as it's there so sporadically). We'll have to wait for a more senior person to report it, but for now I've set this thread to 'Confirmed'.

DeletedUser924

Actually I was using opera 12.17 I don't hardly ever update browser versions if they are still working fine.