Rejected Make minting coins any resource mix

• Thread starter DeletedUser2103
  • Start date

DeletedUser2103

Instead of needing 28k of wood, 30k of clay and 25k of iron to mint a coin, I'd like to suggest that you can make up the total resources of 83k from any mix of resources of your choosing.

The benefit of this is that if you have an abundance of one or two resources you can still mint coins whilst not skinting yourself out of the other resource(s). Being able to do this may also marginally speed up minting ability, because you don't have to wait for a missing resource to accumulate.

I don't think there are any drawbacks and it won't significantly change balance.

DeletedUser

I think it is important to keep resources with their own identity. Once you start making A=B=C, then you've lost some element of strategy in choosing how to spend your resources.

DeletedUser80

It doesn't make sense. Can you built a house only with stones in RL?

DeletedUser2103

Fatal_Error;n27330 said:
It doesn't make sense. Can you built a house only with stones in RL?

Ive been told numerous times that this game isn't meant to be a simulation of real life. How do you get a spy report when all spies die at the scene, yet you still do.

My reason for suggesting this is to try and speed up the ability to mint.

DeletedUser

If you wan to mint faster, you must farm more, or choose to not recruit troops and level buildings. Really though, you need to farm more. I can triple your resource rate farming when we both have maxed resource buildings.

DeletedUser80

zubbs1;n27369 said:
If you wan to mint faster, you must farm more, or choose to not recruit troops and level buildings. Really though, you need to farm more. I can triple your resource rate farming when we both have maxed resource buildings.

Word.
Of course, you can't compare the game with RL, but it should be a little realistic. If you could mint coins with any resources, some players had during a short time period to much coins.

DeletedUser2103

Fair enough. I'll keep on posting ideas to try and speed up elements of the game though, because I think it desparately needs it. In fact I want to post a discussion thread in the discussions section directly about game speed because I think Inno needs to hear what people really think on the subject. For me, its too slow. Too slow to build nukes, too slow to expand your empire. I want to be doing something interesting in the game once a week or so, not once a month.

Jariid

zubbs1;n27369 said:
He's right, you know. : MorganFreemanFace :

There is already a resource swapping tool in exchange for crowns. Pay up if you want those sneaky benefits.