Latest Update Login Issue

DeletedUser1825

Hi after the latest update i cant seem to log in using google chrome, the login button is unclickable also when i use the automatic login it kicks me out back to the login screen

DeletedUser40

Cannot reproduce this in newest google chrome.
Can you please clear your cache and try again?

DeletedUser1825

yeah i did that sorry panic since we are at war with a 140 member tribe cant go offline

DeletedUser926

Same problem under Opera. I retryied changing the link to http://beta.tribalwars2.com, then it circles... Impossible to connect to it. Pressing "Login" does not do anything.

When inserting "http://beta.tribalwars2.com" and pressing enter, this is automatically followed by "/page#/", I can't do anything to change it, sorry.

Opera version 26.0.1656.24

DeletedUser894

Have you tried clearing cache and cookies, then rebooting router and pc? I did this as well before i changed the url. It then took me to the login so i could enter my name and pass.

DeletedUser40

Divas;n25275 said:
Same problem under Opera. I retryied changing the link to http://beta.tribalwars2.com, then it circles... Impossible to connect to it. Pressing "Login" does not do anything.

When inserting "http://beta.tribalwars2.com" and pressing enter, this is automatically followed by "/page#/", I can't do anything to change it, sorry.

Opera version 26.0.1656.24

Do you have the same issues on other browsers?

DeletedUser926

Sorry, Zaen: unless someone tells me exactly WHICH cookie to delete (name and location), I'm certainly not going to lose all others. And I use only Opera, LiamAird.

Anyway, bed time for me, see you tomorrow :0)))

DeletedUser894

Well if it is cookies and cache thats causing the issue, it wont sort itsself on its own. As to telling you exactly which cookie to clear its impossible. I just clear them all and cope with the fall out, not much of a problem for me, i don't clear passwords etc. Have you tried other browsers? You could try one you don't use for anything else and then it wouldnt matter about clearing the cookies and caches.

DeletedUser107

You can try and use incognito mode on google chrome (CTRL+SHIFT+N) see if that works.

DeletedUser926

OK, under Chrome, it works (albeith extremely slow compared to Opera). So there is still the Opera problem.

DeletedUser924

Tell me divas why would you have a problem losing your cookies? I've not found hardly any use for them so i have mine turned off until i absolutely need them to join a site (that is if i can't avoid the site which is what i usually do since cookies seem to have no purpose but to grant others the ability to plant Trojans and access my browsing history. At least as far as i can find i'm sure they have other uses but i probably wouldn't value them anyway.

That being said i've never had one problem since the update about logging in but I've only used chrome, (if it ain't broke don't fix it)

DeletedUser926

Because I use a number of other applications that use cookies for allowing access, and I don't want to redo all the registration processes etc. Beside, the game should handle correctly its own cookies, just like any other game. When they change versions, they usually erase their own old cookie, and put the new one, it is as simple as that.

This is this process that does not seem to be handled correctly in TW2 right now :0)

DeletedUser924

I know some websites require the use of cookies though i never quite understood why. Personally i prefer that no data about my browsing habits be stored or used by anyone. I also don't like the idea that cookies can be embedded with any number of malicious malware.

DeletedUser926

For me, the login problem is solved for Opera browser as from this morning, thanks.

However: The "Remember" box still does not work.

DeletedUser924

I'm not sure it ever worked but then i never log out if i need to update i simply refresh so i'll have to "log in" maybe once every two weeks. and unlike TW1 i don't even get kicked out every week for maintenance.