ingame chat

DeletedUser585

Sorry if this has already been raised, but i couldn't find any reference, but is it possible to have ingame chat, the current message system is very slow, also having to scroll down all the messages to get to hte last one. Even an alliance chat would be good. It is a quick way to learn how to play the game.

DeletedUser3

The next update will allow you to scroll to the bottom my clicking on the time-stamp of the message. We are discussing a chat feature right now, but it is not final. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your suggestion.

DeletedUser760

Hello,
I think that a message function is not the same as a chat.

A chat brings many more opportunities within the Alliance and a common game chat for all players of all alliances brings more communication and fun gameplay. That certainly think a lot of players here.

Or not??????

BR

genie45

I have to support the idea of an ingame chat for Alliances and maybe for the whole world.

But please don´t take the same chat from Grepolis this one is nonsence

DeletedUser735

chat was good, indeed, with Alliance and global chat an the possibility to go 1-on-1 (whisper). I like the chatboxes in Illyriad also, you can have the 2 most important (Alliance and General) visible at the same time, all the time. Offcourse, those games were/are a little different from TW2 :)

DeletedUser767

Yes but it would be a very good beginning what further lead.A game without chat is just a game without well ... a chat is simply a must otherwise it stands out not out of some other Games.Would be a shame.Can be great to chat and laugh a lot and close friendships. Is this better ;-)

DeletedUser114

I support the chat function, but only in the alliance. It would be too much for a whole world, I think.

DeletedUser738

- TyRioN BlacK -;n5841 said:
I support the chat function, but only in the alliance. It would be too much for a whole world, I think.

i support that ideia too because if that was for all world that will be more a The-West chat and that kind of chat is useless we cant understand what people said because there are about 30 themens on chat and only 1 people for that and in The-West we got less people...

I will like to have the private chat between players outside the tribes instead of only PM (but this is kinda useless)

DeletedUser760

I think an alliance chat is perfect but there was at LOU also many advantages for a global chat. Small players with no alliance could forge contacts and the gameplay between the alliances was enormous. Not every alliance is so large that the alliance chat is active there.
When you combine it and can then switch would it perfect.

ketjatekos

Squire
In my opinion a global chat would be used for three things: "I need clay for wood" "I'm looking for a good tribe" and "YOU ****ING NOOB, WHY YOU ATTACK ME, YOU ARE GOING TO DIE"

But some of the players might use it properly...

DeletedUser114

Very good points. In my opinion, a chat for kingdoms would be the best. There are several kingdoms, and if players want to trade, or organise attacks, or supports, it's the best solution for them.

DeletedUser772

I've gotta add my +1 to getting some kind of chat, especially for in-tribe chat.
ATM I find the game a little socially boring. Also having a chat will help make alliances knit together better.

DeletedUser738

Raya;n6158 said:
I've gotta add my +1 to getting some kind chat, especially for in-tribe chat.
ATM I find the game I find the game a little socially boring. Also having a chat will help make alliances knit together better.

and will make players waste more time because their are sharing ideas and talk and that will make the game less boring

DeletedUser825

As a former player, I cannot stress how important an ingame chat feature is. Ever since LoU closed down, I have desperately been searching for a replacement. I've tried them all, including TW and now in the TW2 beta. Many games out there stink, others have good mechanics. Others are also top tier with great game-play, little P2W bias, good graphics, etc. So far, I feel TW2 indeed does fall into that category. However, no matter how many games I try, almost all of them lack the one thing that I have discovered that keeps me playing...

The social element!

Most empire building games similar to TW2 and LoU have no chat function at all, or one that is so basic that it is practically useless (I'm looking at you Grepolis!) Don't get me wrong, TW2 looks GREAT so far. I haven't been able to put in as much time as I'd like at the moment due to RL being ramped up recently, but I really like what I've seen so far. Yet, no matter how engaging the gameplay and graphics are, I find myself bored. And the reason is, there is really no one to talk to or collaborate with in game.

Now I know a lot of groups in this game and Grepolis alike usually set up a Skype room or something similar to chat within their guild, which is fine. However, it's really not engaging enough. In LoU, there was something to be said to be able to chat within your guild, have a separate officer chat, and being also able to whisper your neighbor or just hang out in global-chat. Within chat, and eventually throughout the game as people played on different worlds, your reputation, friends and enemies followed with you. Although someone might not be in your guild, you could communicate with them in realtime through whipsers or in global chat. If it was an enemy, you could talk a little trash to them if you want... friendly or otherwise. It gave you something engaging to do while you waited on timers to tick down for attacks, builds, whatever.

Had you asked me prior to LoU closing shop, I would have told you definitively that the chat function was just a mere backdrop to the awesomeness that LoU was as a game. However, having searched high and low to find a replacement, I can say it is indeed the other way around. For me at least. No matter how brilliant the graphics and gameplay are, if a game like this doesn't have an option to communicate with guild, officers, neighbors and the world in realtime, I'm probably not going to play it.

While this is a strong suggestion to an otherwise great game, allow me to take just a bit of a low road and admonish TW2 for not having this already. Ahem.... Come on guys, this is 2014. Robust chat functionality in a game like this should be ubiquitous, not a bleeding edge concept. The fact that TW2 are revolutionizing this game genre, yet NOT including by default such a common element just baffles me. Do yourself a favor. Close this gap. Give your playerbase an outstanding game that is fully tied together with an awesome, usable social engagement as well such as a solid chat system. I can almost guarantee you that there are MANY would-be players out there that would consider the lack of this feature a show-stopper.

/end rant

DeletedUser262

so suggest you put at the top wrote in the chat was all the, it was really cool, the lower part of the image.

DeletedUser262

Yes, you are right above them iron, a game no matter what the graphics have our own new, if not tuc now in the other line connection, the same image, Skype is not good for new windows to be opened, suspended the players do not like, and suspended, you boys can do it, I had that problem with Grepolis and TW1 to get there on your own or in chat even be to talk, there is the common sky combi, you're not yourself, so it was good to lou, it was the best game we played in the chat to an end, not the graphics véget.De you suspend us to do it, because you see that many people want to suspend, no it's not true of any game.

DeletedUser262

a player does not want to talk to be alone because then press the key construction, sending the army and go to sleep because you are bored, but if you chat you can spend hours in front of the machine and spiel.

DeletedUser738

the prob here is where they gonna put the chat i look to my screen to find a place to put the chat and it is all full... for they put a chat they will need to find some place