Inertial map scrolling on desktop

• Thread starter DeletedUser1612
  • Start date

DeletedUser1612

It appears that the game has inertial scrolling or the map in my browser. (If it doesn't, then it might be just a bug that is scrolling the map disproportionately to mouse movements.)

Inertial scrolling -- where you move the map and it continues to move and slows down after you let go -- might feel natural on a mobile device with a touchscreen, but on a desktop browser it makes no sense. It is janky, because the desktop FPS is slower than on a mobile native app, and therefore isn't smooth. And it is not something people are used to with a mouse. I am afraid to scroll anywhere on the map because suddenly the map jumps ahead and I have no idea where I am, so I have to go back to my town and start over again.

Please remove this.

DeletedUser431

The problem is compounded because if your mouse cursor moves anywhere off the map (even over one of the game menus) it is treated as a mouse-up event and the map goes scrolling off into who knows where. It is one of my most hated features of the game and I wish they would let me turn it off.

Barbiearian

Squire
Glad you've explained what it is - I was wondering if it was just my machine. In reality, it has made the entire map next to unusable for me - so 2nd the idea of stopping this implementation and having a map we can actually use.

DeletedUser1117

A choice between this ugly thing and arrows would be better. Also being able to center on a coordonate basis too, to quickly find a village. Such basic feature isn't implemented yet and that's boring sometimes. ^^

DeletedUser1617

I do not like it neither. You should rather use your arrows to move over map.

DeletedUser114

I completely understand your problem guys, the map is not perfect, yet. But arrows will not be implemented, I think. The interface is very nice now, and arrows would just spoil this beautiful screen. I hope that there will be an upgrade for the map, because somethimes it is a but jumpy for me.

DeletedUser1617

I thought that you can actually move by using your arrows next to the numerical keyboard. It is a bit slower moving but works well.

DeletedUser1612

Drag scrolling is fine, it just needs to be improved. It is very frustrating to use as currently implemented.

DeletedUser25

Yep, you can use the left/right arrow keys to scroll the map. But you have to click the map once, to focus it.
Pro Tip: Ctrl+arrow key lets you cycle through your villages. ;)

DeletedUser1165

evilt0m;n15737 said:
Yep, you can use the left/right arrow keys to scroll the map. But you have to click the map once, to focus it.
Pro Tip: Ctrl+arrow key lets you cycle through your villages. ;)

Nice tip. Anymore that we should know about, or a link to the wiki pages with all the keyboard shortcuts ?