Incentive to attack a player?

Endin

Peasant
I'm new to to TW and my village score is 1k so at least I covered the very basics. However, I can't really figure out what my incentive to attack another player is.

For example, next to me there's a player with about 300 score, I scouted him and he has a good amount of resources but also around 300+ spears and 150+ swords. What is the direct benefit of killing his units other than gaining access to his resources? It will probably cost me quite a lot of offense and it takes a long time to rebuild those units.

I want to kill his units but I can't see how it's worth the effort, can someone explain the game a little..?

DeletedUser894

You get bash points. This shows you are prepared to hit other players. You also get to farm his villa, thus accessing his resources. You stop/slow down his growth, therefore you are starting to dominate your province. This is a war game and its all about hitting other players. It is possible to play and not attack others but it is a really boring way of playing. Your troops can be re-recruited.

Endin

Peasant
Thanks for your response, I understand your points it's just that I was expecting something more. By attacking him I will also slow down my own growth since it takes time to re-recruit units, if it was a one-on-one situation then fine, I will still be ahead of him but there are many others in my area that I need to be on par with so the best result would come from a passive stance or am I wrong here?

DeletedUser894

The fun is the buzz of a good fight, you don't get that by standing back. What you do get is others coming at you instead.

DeletedUser905

Endin;n12353 said:
I'm new to to TW and my village score is 1k so at least I covered the very basics. However, I can't really figure out what my incentive to attack another player is.
Wow! Incentive! Need to remember this word. Every day learn something new.

Endin;n12353 said:
For example, next to me there's a player with about 300 score, I scouted him and he has a good amount of resources but also around 300+ spears and 150+ swords. What is the direct benefit of killing his units other than gaining access to his resources? It will probably cost me quite a lot of offense and it takes a long time to rebuild those units.

I want to kill his units but I can't see how it's worth the effort, can someone explain the game a little..?
You kill his units, take his resources and you build more units and kill his units again and take more of his resources to build Academy and recruit a noble, so you can conquer his village and make it your own. Then you attack another player and take his village, then next, then next, then next until there is only you alone in this entire world.

Pinky: Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight?
Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to take over the world!

DeletedUser1346

basically once you wipe out his troops he is yours to loot forever, as long as you can re-recruit troops faster than he does

Endin

Peasant
Shortly after my second post I did attack him and killed all his units, I lost about 40 axes and 40 LC and looted 2,500 of each resource, and yea since then it's empty in his village and I just farm his resources and by now I'm probably at a break even. Besides, I think he quit the game so I feel kinda good, however, the other guys around me who are similar to my size have actually caught up with me a little in terms of score, but I have a lot more bashpoints so I guess I got some streetcred now.