Rejected Idea: Watch tower

DeletedUser688

I propose to add a new building to the game (since TW2 is very different than TW1)

Name of building: Watch Tower
Function: alarm player by sending SMS that there are incoming attacks on one of his villages, including name of village and ETA

What do you think about it?

DeletedUser924

It sounds very similar to the mobile notifications from the previous game. However having a building linking to SMS is not really far to any players that do not text or have unlimited texting as they would not want it turned off so they effectively will be spending resources on a building they can't use. Now some will sy well don't build it. but think about points and buildings most players would be able to tell by points who is unlikely to have this building and then they would more likely to be hit or after spies reveal the building is not built then they are more likely to be hit than one known to be receiving SMS notifications. In conclusion i think this building would bring an unfair disadvantage to those unable to make use of it..

DeletedUser688

There is such thing like mobile notifications in TW1? Didn't know, cuz I played it 6years ago.
If so, I hope they'll make such thing here too.

DeletedUser905

Mobile client uses phones push notifications and you can define what notification you want to receive. You can be notified for example when your building is complete. Same functionality is possible (and it's not even difficult) to implement for web client. That would be nice feature. Of cause it should be possible to turn those notifications in the options.