HQ Queue

DeletedUser250

Much more fond of the forgiveness given to players in TW than the rigidness of the current system here on TW2. By that I mean you can't reorder the queue here, and when you cancel buildings (like when you realize too late that you need to queue a farm level) here you lose 10% of the res cost as opposed to TW where only canceling troops results in you losing res.

I feel TW's implementation is much more newbie-friendly and forgiving for those that don't calculate every minutiae.

DeletedUser481

In Grepolis it's the same way as TW2. Make's sense because the workers have to be payed for the time they've spent lol. Although it is annoying if you click the wrong thing. So just don't :p

DeletedUser260

Really? That's a thing?

There is nothing more frustrating than a mechanic that punishes small mistakes. Or punishes for things that aren't even your fault - say someone attacks you while you have queues running - you want that wall built in front of the farm level, well, that's gonna cost you, and you're probably going to be (rightfully, IMO) annoyed about that.

A far more reasonable way to do it is to allow reordering except the item currently building, and (at worst) have it cost resources when the item currently building is canceled. Although IMO, the penalty of losing your progress on what you're building is big enough, and the way that TW1 plays out (people don't cancel buildings willy-nilly) is solid evidence to support that opinion.

I don't have access to the beta, true. But I don't have to, to be very, very against this idea. There is no purpose that I can see it serving, besides being annoying. There is no problem that I can see it fixing, besides ones that don't really exist. Maybe the point is to drive people to buy resources, but I'm going to assume it isn't, mostly because I trust that Innogames actually has morals.

I'd be interested to hear from a developer, about why this change was made.