Rejected Heavy's Hints

DeletedUser800

TW player from w20 something.

Things missing from TW1

1. The preset is OK. just though. The farm tool from tw1 is better.
2. All units to come from just the barracks? Build time is too long. I know you have added buildings (hospital is cool, Tavern? Too early too tell as I have not used it in heavy combat) It saves some time to not have to build up three buildings but to have all units spawn from one building adds too much to build times and will change the way people build. Balance is off for that for sure. You have some work there. No help here but possible 3 active slots in barracks?
3. 100ms attacks? Did not see anything about them in the rules. Because they are no go with new mechanics? I saw post on tab enter method. Are we going back to that style of train? Will there be a 100ms attack in this game? Will it be beginner level to execute? etc.
4. Server response is slow.
5. links and scripts missing. The whole page
6. Polished text copy paste link etc.
7. Hover over villa and se walk times
8. Villa history, player history, link to tw stats etc

Ideas.

1. The chat thing is great. Instant messenger instead of snail mail and a tribe chat. Thanks
2. Hard choices for the hall of orders. Good idea. The hardest choice should be tribe choice. Social play is the biggest part besides game talent. What about rather than church or province etc. It is tribe based. Tribe loyalty. Goes up and down with people quitting or staying . Make tribe the focal point. Spies have always been a huge downfall to the infrastructure of the social aspect of the game. Tribes with a weaker following have weaker attacks/def area. Like a church.
3. Your largest income must be from startup until people get bored and quit. Endgamers only use min prem. The worlds should move a little faster. More enticing. I know you search for a balance to include newcomers and protect them from vets. Which pisses us off. But we know if we wait they will be gone in a few moments tw time. Speed worlds are awesome in their rank but we need a gap filler. Speeds in between. Newcomers need to feel as though they can invest a lot and still win. They wont but the investment is not as much.
4. Level of comp. Nothing gets a gamer going like leveling up. In every world I must prove myself again. Doesn't take long. But the point is that there should be some advancement for long timers. Ranked worlds. noob beginner advanced and expert. Certain goals to advance. You will really lock in some players this way esp if you change the speeds.
5. Honest question.. How much does a server cost to start up an run for 1 world? Are they reusable afterwards? If so, speed up game play and get old stale servers playing new worlds. If not you had better come up with some awesome stuff.
6. I love Tw have been playing for years. I won 1 world. I will never do it again. Only a few people have that kind of time. no-lifers. They don't have much money either. You need to give folks a chance to win without losing their job. wife. etc.
7. A voting system that allows us to pick the next server. all options. You spend a lot of time trying to give us what we want. Let us tell you.

Thanks for listening. No offense. Just business.

Regards, Heavy.

DeletedUser260

1. Agree.
2. The barracks balance is actually amazing if you look at it in-depth. I think they nailed it. However, the Hall of Orders balance needs to be rethought.
3. Try it; it won't work.
4. That's why it's a closed beta.
5. Not sure what you mean.
6. I reported some copy-paste bugs that will be fixed in one of the next few updates, is that what you meant?
7. I think that takes up more space than they want to use for the hover info - it's already quite large, after all. Perhaps a distance readout is more realistic.
8. There is no TWstats, but I agree it'd be really nice if we could get something similar. I didn't realize I used it so much until I played TW2 :D
1. I don't really think it's that necessary to have IM - not very difficult to just use Skype or another IM client - and I feel they could spend the dev time better. However, if it's added, I will probably use it, as it will likely be difficult not to.
2. I honestly have no idea what you're suggesting here
3. On the contrary, I see people rushing walls all the time in late-game.
4. There is a reason I generally use aliases in TW1. When people know you're good, they will target you. Some people think that's fun. I find it distracting. But each to their own, I can always continue using aliases and just ignore the rank system.
5. I don't know the costs, but I do know that TW2 is most definitely not taking up an entire physical server right now; it will be running on a virtual machine instead. Also worlds don't recycle quite as simply as you seem to think, since peak activity time of an individual world is in startup. You'd be going from a very inactive world that is not a large drain on your resources (assuming TW2 endgame is similar to TW1) to a fully active world that is a much larger drain on your resources. Startup and endgame worlds don't take up the same capacity, you can't just recycle them quite like that.
6. That is how real-time games all work. Barring some sort of miraculous invention, they will continue to be that way to a fairly large extent, and TW2 will not be an exception. It's not a new problem.
7. They did that for W50 on .net. It went okay. But it didn't seem to be worth the effort, at least to me. I feel that having a suggestions thread for world settings, much as .net still does, would be the best solution.

DeletedUser800

Thanks for your response,
5. links and scripts. Where you can add links to your quick bar. Or active scripts. Was under edit profile settings in tw1. Are there going to be scripts allowed in TW2?

2. Hard choices. Like church faith, Tribe faith. Tribe as a whole loses or gains faith for members staying in the tribe and punished for leaving. Not a very polished idea and on day 2 sounds a little odd to me. But at the heart was the idea to make it a more important choice when choosing a tribe or recruiting. something to make the choice more permanent. Rewarding tribes for loyalty in their ranks. etc. Prob a lil far fetched.

DeletedUser123

All scripts are currently forbidden. For more detailed explanation please visit game rules (5th rule is about bots and scripts).

DeletedUser260

Heavyreigns;n6499 said:
2. Hard choices. Like church faith, Tribe faith. Tribe as a whole loses or gains faith for members staying in the tribe and punished for leaving. Not a very polished idea and on day 2 sounds a little odd to me. But at the heart was the idea to make it a more important choice when choosing a tribe or recruiting. something to make the choice more permanent. Rewarding tribes for loyalty in their ranks. etc. Prob a lil far fetched.
I think tribes are already rewarded by having loyalty, they are generally more successful than tribes with little to no loyalty.

DeletedUser800

also from 5. links? I miss the quickbar for helpful links.

(*.*)

Earl
Sorry,...don't take it as hate..but...people...why you compare TW and TW2 ? When there will be same things in both games...who will play this game ? because of better graphic ? worse graphic is better for people, because they don't need great internet, they can play it with mobile internet...in school, in work...and all they can do faster...( without mobile app )
I think, that TW2 is chance for all things which we wanted in TW...and what is the best...this is also chance for new players....We are in beta, but why we want do same game as we already played ? It can be as bad as sequel of many films or games :) and I think nobody want it.

I hope you will understand...when I write longer text than 10 words, I also don't understand myself.

I also like TW..but I don't play long time and I think is time to change :)