Rejected Head 'em off at the pass

• Thread starter DeletedUser2587
  • Start date

DeletedUser2587

Put points along an attacking army's route that allows for them to be intercepted prior to reaching the target village. When separate defending forces reach a points they act as one army until they are recalled or when the battle is over. I've run through the pros and cons in my head but it seems to me to be a new paradigm that would attract more players and keep others in the game. I know there are "Crowns" with players rebuilding but there is also "Crowns" involved in restoring an army as well. It could come down to a hit or miss situation as far as decoy attacks and the like. Just a thought.

DeletedUser1879

Cons...let's see...
-No Wall
-No Faith outside of province
-Undefended villages make nobling out troops easier for the attacker.
-Delayed troop runs slow down an already slow game.

How is it supposed to work? If an army attacks a posted defense, will there be a delay in the total run? If the attacking army wins, does it return home or continue on, weakened, to the final destination?

Jariid

I think that this has potential, but not as the game is at the moment. If it were more sandbox, rather than point-to-point, then maybe.

If it were to be implemented, (which I doubt the game could manage) it could be used as a surrounding tile defense/attack from this location style thing.

So you get your village, organise where you want your troops to defend/occupy, and you use your provisions/resources to set up a mini-base. This could have a max permanent wall level of 10 but equivalent of 1/2 of your villages wall, for example. It will combat attacks that are within one tile of it, acquire farming resources from areas nearby (to a lesser extent than actual plundering) and also be able to attack from that location, should you want to.
(Yes, this could end with massive stacks, but then again, with the proper allocation of provision (which will detriment the player massively in the first place, you could place it further out beyond the enemy lines and then from their launch an attack.))
This would require provisions depending on how far the base is away from the enemy, and also provisions in order to supply the base per unit sent (an additional 1 provision per foot unit, and 1 per each prov-point used by cav, etc.). Perhaps having one base per village possible would eliminate wild ambitious spreading of troops.

The with the provisions available, you could mount an attack on an unsuspecting opponent, who has sent out troops in a line to prevent pushes from your bases in order to maneouvre around them.