Forwarded Game forum.t

DeletedUser894

I am not impressed with the current game forums.

1. The posts are limited to 1000 characters, not enough to write detailed posts or guides for new players.
2. There is no archive. This is an essential part of a forum. It enables you to *retire* threads and reactivate them if they become relevant in the future as well as a means of checking what has been said in the past. At the moment you have to either delete the thread or leave the forum cluttered with old ones.
3. Some of the links don't work or i havent been able to work out how to use them properly. EG link to url's and images. A guide in wiki on how to use all features would be good.
4. I am not a mod but i have been told you cant delete older messages so threads get very long. EG a welcome thread that's now 4 pages long. I used to delete older welcome posts to keep it down to a page. This may be incorrect, if so i apologise and its the incompetence of my tribal mods that is at fault!
5. It has been suggested elsewhere the the forum is opened in another tab instead of on the game page. This would improve the form immensely and make it much easier to use.
6. There is no preview feature so you can't check your post to see if links have worked.
7. There is no auto save, i keep getting bumped out of my post and have to rewrite it again. Now sometimes this is me accidentally hitting the wrong keys but other times it seems to be when someone posts in the thread i am writing on. This is impossible to take a screen shot of.

DeletedUser590

Totally agree with everything you've written. Excellent post!

DeletedUser590

Oh, and one other thing:

8. Forum search. Could be especially interesting if you would have a forum where you gather intel on enemies

Also, and I don't know if this is a strange feature or an actual bug, but when you click on a sub-forum you get automatically scrolled down to the bottom of the page. This is strange and often frustrating.

Oh, and what about having the buttons to the sub-forums on the left like a side panel if the screen is large enough? Would give a much better overview of all the sub-forums and you wouldn't have to click the arrow buttons all the time.

DeletedUser894

imbecillius;n10489 said:
Oh, and one other thing:

8. Forum search. Could be especially interesting if you would have a forum where you gather intel on enemies

Not sure what you mean by this.

Also, and I don't know if this is a strange feature or an actual bug, but when you click on a sub-forum you get automatically scrolled down to the bottom of the page. This is strange and often frustrating.

Agreed, and if you edit a post it then takes you back to the bottom of th 1st page instead of to where you finished if there is more than 1 page.

Oh, and what about having the buttons to the sub-forums on the left like a side panel if the screen is large enough? Would give a much better overview of all the sub-forums and you wouldn't have to click the arrow buttons all the time.

Having the forum open in a new tab would have the same effect on space.

DeletedUser905

In my opinion current tribe forum is complete shit. It's anything but usable and clear and should be completely rebuild and it should be started from designing it properly.

DeletedUser894

Where is the option to move threads to a new forum? Currently you are stuck with leaving threads where you created them. This is not always practical and makes for messy forums. You would have to cut & paste to move anything or just delete and start again. Neither are satisfactory options.

I have also been talking with the mods in my tribe and they in form me they can't delete posts, it has to be done by high status council, i presume that means baron or duke. So what's the point in having mods that can't mod?

Please if you are a player and agree with my post comment on it and maybe we will get a change in a future update. If you are a developer i would appreciate knowing if it is on the to do list. Obviously it will be low on the list of things that need to be sorted, however just knowing that it will be looked at would be a great help and stop me winging on about it.....

DeletedUser926

Yes, agreed, it really makes messy forums right now. Should be rally improved.