game feedback

DeletedUser376

The closed beta has benn launched for a while now and i have to say, that i am really disapointed about the game. Maybe the problem is, that I have played TW for years before but this game is just a huge bug. Reported over 60 bugs and I could enter like 20 more even I haven't really played the last weeks. The problem is not, that the game is buggy, this is a closed beta so we expect bugs in it but I don't see any end of it. It looks like every "new feature" or fix brings up 10 more bugs.

From my point of view, I don't have the time to open threads for everything.

It comes up that TW1 isn't that easy to understand but this game is much much more complicated than TW1. The battle system, what is that? An empty village with wall 20 and 4 swords in it attacked with 1618 lcav, 550 mounted archers and 138 rams resuts into the loss of all rams?!?! On the other side, a village, stacked with over 5k defend units, wall 20 and paladin with the helebard item level 2 does not defeat an attack including 2.5k units including 600 defence units and 250 siege weapons. And last but no least, a nobleman reduces the loyalty from 45 to -28.

From my point of view this game in this point is not releaseable at all, it is full of bugs and the game system are that complicated, that children will probably quit after the first days.

Is there any chance, that you may fix all the problems befor you continue implementing new stuff which brings up more and more problems?

Thanks alot.

Reisone

DeletedUser107

Thanks for the feedback, and we all appreciate that you have reported a ton of bugs, thanks!

The whole point of a beta is that it's not finished yet and things have to change and get fixed. The more bugs that are reported by the community the more that will get fixed.
Every new feature brings bugs which is pretty common and the community are the testers of that new feature and yes it will bring bugs but the bugs will get fixed over time.

The balancing in the combat isn't perfect nor completed, thing will get balanced over time.
The game is not close to being released to the public and that's why there are only a limited amount of players that get to play the game so the developers can fix most if not all the bugs (bugs will always be there), we might not even be close to it being released to public it could take months maybe even a year for all we know.

We all do appreciate the bug reports since that helps the developers fix it and make it a awesome game. :)

DeletedUser24

The first battle is right, you need to send infantery with your rams.

Can you please make a screen shot of the second battle and post it?

(*.*)

Earl
Reasons... I lost probably 3000 axes 3000lc 200 rams, when I attack on 600 spears 700 swordsman and 400 archers with 17 wall :D... ahm....and maybe 5 nobleman :D...it is really ...but on the other hand fun. :D...
beta is beta :D There is a lot of bugs about which, we don't know nothing...we reported really only small bugs. When you started play beta you had to know, that you can win beta....it is impossible...so play for fun :D

DeletedUser831

(*.*);n8322 said:
Reasons... I lost probably 3000 axes 3000lc 200 rams, when I attack on 600 spears 700 swordsman and 400 archers with 17 wall :D... ahm....and maybe 5 nobleman :D...it is really ...but on the other hand fun. :D...
beta is beta :D There is a lot of bugs about which, we don't know nothing...we reported really only small bugs. When you started play beta you had to know, that you can win beta....it is impossible...so play for fun :D

Or you could play so that you can win once the game is open to the public. Understanding the game mechanics will give you an advantage over all the new guys :p

Oh and small bugs!? Some of these bugs have been pretty significant.

Kmork said:
The first battle is right, you need to send infantery with your rams.

Can you please make a screen shot of the second battle and post it?

When calculating ram losses, are they purely calculated based on the amount of infantry with the army or is cav taken into account too (assuming I have inf with the rams)? Basically, what would happen if I sent 2000Lcav, 500MA and 200 rams with say 10 axemen (assuming empty vill with level 20 wall)?

Also do cats also require inf support?

(*.*)

Earl
Yes it's true, but I say about beta :p
and yes...small bugs :) Can you imagine, what problems must developers resolve ? Things as report show bad village name....it's nothing :)
But...small steps to big thing :) You have true again :D

DeletedUser376

That is the one with the empty village:

w62qi8fmv2.jpg

That is the one with the deff in it:

lg7mncvt2y69.jpg

And here two reports where the loyalty drops 73!!!! points:

t1v1il1fr2gs.jpg

And 61 points:

ocn3qst5pumi.jpg

for the rest I will open bug reports in the bug section...

And that's the wiki text regarding loyalty:

The loyalty of a village shows how close the village is to replacing owners. It is usually at 100, in which case it isn't displayed. But as soon as there is an attack with a nobleman, the loyalty is lowered by 20-35 with every attack. The loyalty usually rises by 1 point per hour, but this is dependent on the speed of the world. For example, on a speed 2 world the loyalty will rise by 2 points per hour.

(*.*)

Earl
Loyal decrease is normal. There is one upgrade in Statue, which improve increases the efficiency of Noblemen by 100%, but only if they are accompanied by the Paladin. But second report is really.....

DeletedUser376

well + 100% efficiency would make in best case 70 not 73...

And in that case the wiki page is wrong.

DeletedUser24

Report 1: You need infantery. Also 10 axe are not enough against wall Level 20.
Report 2: 1369 lcav and 689MA are really strong (if you just see the food, your infantery 5464, his lcav and ma: 8921) so just because of the number of units is it difficult to see how strong his army is. his army has arround 380k attack power and your army might have arround 270k def.
Report 3/4: (*.*) already mentioned the pala upgrade in the statue (which might be removed), also he can have the Paladin item Vasco's scepter, which explains the value above 70.

DeletedUser376

hm...

Did you ever calculated what the maximum drop of loyalty atm would be? Assuming all possible bonuses e.g.?

well we need a simulator :/

10 villages vs 2 villages might need kind of moral or something.

But thanks for the answer.

(*.*)

Earl
Kmork;n8508 said:
Report 2: 1369 lcav and 689MA are really strong (if you just see the food, your infantery 5464, his lcav and ma: 8921) so just because of the number of units is it difficult to see how strong his army is. his army has arround 380k attack power and your army might have arround 270k def.

Report 3/4: (*.*) already mentioned the pala upgrade in the statue (which might be removed), also he can have the Paladin item Vasco's scepter, which explains the value above 70.
I never think about this....it's true, that when I attack and want win my attack power must be better...it can be small help in the time, when there will be simulator :)

I hope you do something with it :) When I choose Vasco's scepter, there are not information about its function :) it can be confusing for people, who don't play TW :)

DeletedUser80

(*.*);n8517 said:
I never think about this....it's true, that when I attack and want win my attack power must be better...it can be small help in the time, when there will be simulator :)

I hope you do something with it :) When I choose Vasco's scepter, there are not information about its function :) it can be confusing for people, who don't play TW :)

A Simulater will be implement asap. The description of the scepter will be also add asap.

DeletedUser376

As i opened that thread for feedback i'll just reuse it instead of opening a new thread. ^^

I figured out, that i partially run often in timeouts beeing idle for few minutes. In that case, for exapmle the map is partially broken. Villages e.g. are not displayed anymore (my own of course is and some others are too). In Past we had just often something like "Lost connection, trieng to reconnect" or something what I do not have in that case. The game simply runs with, let's say limited functionalities (it affects the ability to send new attacks too for example).

A "simple" refresh (F5) fixes it but that takes time. Is there something you can do about it or d you need more information? Just tell me what you need. ^^

I'll add a screenshot next time, but it will take a few minutes.

DeletedUser924

I've been trying to run the numbers for the battle calculation and to the best can figure is this. Now i know you said you won't release the battle formula's Now i don't know why this secret is so heavily guarded if you give us a table of their strengths both in attack and in defense (what good are these numbers without a formula?) Anyway since this game has always drawn to those with a natural liking of math I ran the numbers and came up with this. But now i don't know what kind of factors need to go into play with this because these factors tell me that the Defender should have won without contest. A total Defense of 900K is far great than the offense of 366K. Now lets break it down tic for tac. General offense victory goes to the defender with 192K over 40K. Cavalry offense victory goes to the attacker with 281K over 144K. I didn't calculate the offense of the Archers (assuming MA counts as Archer offense over Cavalry) but i can say its no stretch to say the defender won that one. I even added the 113% and the 200% bonuses. I do not have paly items to account for that but to think it made that huge of a difference is uncompromisable. Can someone at least tell me what factors i'm not including or explain to me how these numbers from this chart found in the units page of the wiki are to be used. So that i can make my own calculations in the place of the simulator.
Defense
All units General D

All units Cav D

All units Arch D

Total D
482010 * 2.0
=

Offense

All units general O

All units Cav O

All O
321676 * 1.13
=

DeletedUser138

reisone;n8934 said:
As i opened that thread for feedback i'll just reuse it instead of opening a new thread. ^^

I figured out, that i partially run often in timeouts beeing idle for few minutes. In that case, for exapmle the map is partially broken. Villages e.g. are not displayed anymore (my own of course is and some others are too). In Past we had just often something like "Lost connection, trieng to reconnect" or something what I do not have in that case. The game simply runs with, let's say limited functionalities (it affects the ability to send new attacks too for example).

A "simple" refresh (F5) fixes it but that takes time. Is there something you can do about it or d you need more information? Just tell me what you need. ^^

I'll add a screenshot next time, but it will take a few minutes.

Hi, we would need some more information on this topic. We are aware of a few issues but not all.

DeletedUser936

I can support reisone's experience with many timeouts, I often have to reload TW2.