Forum migration!

DeletedUser40

Finally, the day has come!

We have been waiting for this moment for several month now, and finally our sys admin ninjas and our designer finished the task of creating this forum.

Now we need your help!
Designing these kind of forums, through the built property manager can sometime be a mess. Therefore we might have some off stylings here and there - we already fixed quite alot of issues.

We need you all to report back, if you find anything that seems off. That can be a color, that is not in style with the background. A background that's misaligned. Something that is missing colors. Even improvements would be welcomed!

We want to perfect this as much as we can before pushing it to the other markets.

Thanks for your help!

DeletedUser80

Also some of the bb-codes from V-Bulletin are not working. We are aware of that and fix it as soon as possible.

Buglist:
  • In your usersettings some titles are heard to read. For example: http://i.imgur.com/yH2gPN4.png
  • Edited posts are also hard to recognize, because the fontcolor is not rly compatible with the background (see this posting)
  • There is no tw2-favicon

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser330

Nice job ! ;)

Some functionalities are very interesting. I like the publication of the profile posts, fun. :)

But, I find the colors used (gray and marble) a little bit cold ; but with time that can be nice, I think. The menu, with the red light, is more futurist than medieval, no ? And, I don't know, some characters of the game are missing to be in the spirit of Tribal Wars 2. With a bigger logo in the center, for the same reason. Maybe. So, very nice job, too many bugs on vB5, but a global design too 'classic' for my taste. I don't know if I am clear in my comment but something like that (just an example), more in the spirit of the game, could be nice too...

DeletedUser310

Finally! XenForo is awesome (or VB5 was ohmygodanotherbug!!)
1. The icons for new post / no new post aren't really clearly. Maybe you should try the same used on Elvenar XenForo. They're much better (and report-style :) )
2. The Home button in the main bar is unuseful.
3. Can the logo be bigger ?
4. I'don't like the font. Maybe we need something more readable.
5. As Naroud says, the effect used for the selected menu in the main bar, isn't appropriate to the context.

More suggestions in the next days :)

DeletedUser80

The image for new post will be changed as soon as possible (if really necessary), also the image for sticky threads. The Homebutton is useless, right, but I don't think, that we can remove it. On some Forums you have a "Homepage" and that button redirect you to them. For all that, thank you for the feedback.

DeletedUser2757

I don't see alot of forums using XenForo...
I don't know why. I prefer using XenForo then Mybb / phpBB.

• The Theme is lovely.
  • As Kheops and Naroud said, the menu isn't really medieval :p
Suggestions:
I think it would look good if the image for the new posts and and so on, would be a parchment roll. Just an idea.

Everything else has been said :p
Looks better then then the vBulletin forum.
Good job ^^.

With a bigger logo in the center, for the same reason. Maybe.

It would look like this ( Still same size ).
With this size I like it when it's on the left side.
edcf36d1e780913b813355c2e5b9f859.png

DeletedUser1689

Sounds good, I'm sure with all the feedback we can make an awesome forum! :)

DeletedUser40

I don't know if I am clear in my comment but something like that

Wow, that looks nice! :eek:
I will see what we can do with this. A major change will have to go through the top first.

1. The icons for new post / no new post aren't really clearly. Maybe you should try the same used on Elvenar XenForo. They're much better (and report-style :) )
2. The Home button in the main bar is unuseful.
3. Can the logo be bigger ?
4. I'don't like the font. Maybe we need something more readable.
5. As Naroud says, the effect used for the selected menu in the main bar, isn't appropriate to the context.

1. Is it this list you are talking about:
If54HN6.png

2. That is true. I will see if we can either remove it entirely or maybe have it link to the game.
3. It can. Any size you are thinking off?
4. You have any substitute font in mind, that we can look into?
5. Noted. I will see what can be done.

No new posts: Closed roll.

Sounds good. I will look into it.

DeletedUser310

1. Is it this list you are talking about:
Exactly :) These are the ones used for Elvenar, that I really like:
5b526f5671.png

And, over the sections , they can also be used for the threads.

2. That is true. I will see if we can either remove it entirely or maybe have it link to the game.
It could link to the game's homepage.

3. It can. Any size you are thinking off?
If it were just bigger and proportional to the current one, it would be excessive. You'll probably need to change the logo, putting the "2" on the same line of "Tribal Wars" to make it bigger but not taller.

4. You have any substitute font in mind, that we can look into?
Oh, there're a lot :D I particularly like this one.

DeletedUser40

And, over the sections , they can also be used for the threads.

Sadly they can't.
We can only add custom icons to the outer layer of forum. Not on each thread. :(

I will see what can be done.
Thanks.

DeletedUser310

Yeah, It shows the author's avatar and the threads with new replies are shown with a bold title. Not really pleasant, imho.

Another suggestion: I cannot distinguish the links from other text. This is a link, for example. Maybe you can use another color or a bold text.

I don't know if I am clear in my comment but something like that (just an example), more in the spirit of the game, could be nice too...

Oh wow, that's great!

DeletedUser1689

If you have any more ideas, doesn't matter if you think they suck or not, just write 'em down and we'll have a look at them.

DeletedUser330

Just a question. With this new soft, can we make tables by bb-codes ?

DeletedUser1689

Using HTML for tables should work but with BB-Codes, no.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2757

Another suggestion,
Nothing special, but I think it would be cool to use these icons.
Like this:
0ff7eb31f4b7721b860a8afad31fa213.png

8366c739ca43ee0a0a7ae9e2f4561f20.png

:p