DeletedUser40

Please give your feedback about the Second Village feature.

Greetings, Tribal Warriors!

As every powerful ruler, you enter a realm with only a small settlement and a fistful of resources. While upgrading your first village is an essential part of your reign, it certainly is not the most memorable moment of your domination! It's time to expand your dominion right from the beginning. Send your pioneers to find fertile ground and establish a second village right away!

On March 18, the new Second Village feature will be enabled on all beta realms. Every new account that is created and every account that is restarted on a realm after the update will get a new icon on the map:
2nd_village_map.jpg

Click this icon to enter the Second Village screen. You will find tasks which can be executed to earn points for your second village progression and additional rewards on top! Do as many tasks as you can to finish your new village as quickly as possible. The amount of tasks is capped per day, so check back every day to work on your new settlement.

2nd_village.jpg

Once you have filled up the Second Village progress bar, the village will be placed on the designated spot on the map to become a real village. You then have two villages within a few days. More villages, more resources, more troops, ...your world domination can't be stopped!

Kings and queens, please let us know what you think about this new feature and share your experiences once it has been released.

Sincerely,

Your Tribal Wars 2 Team

DeletedUser1993

wouldn't this limit the free space for barb villages? if all players get two villages from the start, or almost from the start, and the provinces still hold 30 villages, this should result in less farms.
and also somehow it has to be ensured that the second village is in the same province as the first one, so the player could use the village's whole farmplace. if some players end up with villages in different provinces, this will put them at disadvantage
i think that if the game had a quest for a free nobleman, before the village is ready for academy, this could result in more exciting start of the game. with this second village it is as if everyone nobled a barb :)

DeletedUser1993

since there are not other opinions on this so far, i'd like to elaborate a bit on the free noble being better than the free second village
the initial quests have to give an adequate impression of the nature of the game, maybe even hint at effective strategies. the game staff should keep in mind that this game is played not only by tw1 veterans. if the fresh player just clicks around and gets things, this could create a quite misleading idea. that was my case with tw1, which i played for slightly more than a month. with no past experience, and with noone to give me advise, i relied just on the quests to guide me. i have to say that the quests were not enough to illustrate how hostile and aggressive the environment is, so i went on the peaceful way and realized i made a wrong decision when it was already quite late.
the starting quests in tw2 are better, but still they can be improved, by adding incentives to the fresh players to use their troops more actively (not simply train a given number of troops)
the resource deposit is a step in the right direction, imo, as it motivates the fresh players to spend more time in the game and be more active, than just log in twice per day to check the queues in their villages. so you could build upon that and incorporate quests that teach the players that the more active they are, the better chance they have
maybe if each player had such a "reserved village" but as a target practice? with quests to attack it, or spy it... the village could adjust to the players style - for example if the player has chosen to have his starting village as offensive, the target could train defensive troops; and if the player is defensive, the target could be actually an attacker. this could all happen during the player's beginner protection and the battles could not waste troops (the player's troops can be revived after the battle, so the player gets the benefit of some experience without losing troops). the protection period is not too long, but if there are daily missions with sufficient rewards so the players don't skip them, this could have positive effect

DeletedUser40

The Second Village will always
wouldn't this limit the free space for barb villages? if all players get two villages from the start, or almost from the start, and the provinces still hold 30 villages, this should result in less farms.
and also somehow it has to be ensured that the second village is in the same province as the first one, so the player could use the village's whole farmplace. if some players end up with villages in different provinces, this will put them at disadvantage
i think that if the game had a quest for a free nobleman, before the village is ready for academy, this could result in more exciting start of the game. with this second village it is as if everyone nobled a barb :)

The Second Village will always be within the province where you start. It will take some time with tasks specific to the Second Village feature, before it is placed on the map for others view though.

DeletedUser2757

Well,
I think this feature will keep players. Most people stop playing the game if they lost the battle.
I think I first need to try it out before I can give my feedback.

I'm looking forward to it. Sounds nice.

Kind Regards,

DeletedUser117

Version 1.12 was implemented and I started on another world but I don't have second village.

DeletedUser40

It will be activated tomorrow - when a couple of last minute changes will be updated.

DeletedUser40

An unexpected placement issue was found and fixed today.
We will have to wait with the activation until friday 20th.

DeletedUser117

Finally I've finished all quests in my second village. I like this feature, it will accelerate start of the game for sure.

What I don't like is that again after 4 days I have to build buildings from scratch. And also those breaks between each ten points. It's a bit strange that quests last from 1 to 8 minutes and after that there is a gap for whole day. :)

Kelewyn

Okay I had been working on my 2nd village and loved the method. I logged on this morning and it was gone. Are you removing them? I wasn't even halfway done yet.

DeletedUser40

We are not removing them, nor are the ment to be removed automatically, if you stay within a certain period of time.

Can you tell me which world and username, so we can look it up?

Kelewyn

We are not removing them, nor are the ment to be removed automatically, if you stay within a certain period of time.

Can you tell me which world and username, so we can look it up?
Kelewyn and I'm on Rudimentum. I think there is a new player city where my second was.

DeletedUser1625

I would like to test this feature, is there any plans for a fresh world to open up on beta? I think that's the best way to fair test / see how this feature should be developed. Or alternatively could you point me toward another servers new world starting soon that will have this feature?

I have a suspicion/fear it will accelerate the game too much early on, vastly accelerating the worlds.
Eg, "Pay2Win" players generally pay at the start of the world to get ahead, this appears to me to give them double the advantage early on.

The most efficient crown strategy early on is to use them on the troop offers and to accelerate buildings once you have the troops to support farming the barbarian villages you've boosted production of. Late game the only viable crown offers to take are the officer packs.

With this analysis I think the second village within the first month of a world gives people paying a much more "unfair" advantage over other no paying players.
I say this because people with crowns will have access to double the amount of troop offers straight from say day 5 or so (If you make sure you do the limit of actions each day) if I picture things correctly.

Talking with Trolin who paid his way to the top of Rudimentium at the start of the world he always said he was buying troops every single day at the beginning. He very quickly had 5x the points of anyone else in the game and I am only just catching him in bashpoints now after he has slowed his activity down a bit. Give him an additional village and he can multiply his progress by two. Now if Trolin was still super active, there's no doubt he probably would have more points than me still but I think I would be close to catching him. I think the imbalance of taking 6months of hard work to catch up is a bit large/ too much to ask for and with a second village to begin that would be out of control.

Other than that gripe I do have some questions about the feature:

====Does that village count towards noble limit? ====

-I think it should as it would be the only balancing factor against this acceleration I have just mentioned.
-Also wouldn't having someone noble the second village cause you to to have a noble limit of +1? If it doesn't count towards the noble limit I can see issues occurring here, abuse with multiaccounters but also players just helping each other out. I can see myself asking a smaller tribemate to take my 2nd village in order to get my noble count up one.

====How do you plan to limit snowballing?====

- Its always been the way that Tribal wars has a first movers advantage, the first to get two villages has 2x unit production and 2x resource income and 2x farming income over all other players until the next player comes along and gets two villages, then just those two have the advantage.
- Take my account on Rudimentium, Rank 1 with 1,045,000 points 109 villages, third highest points per village. 16 more villages than the next player, then 25 below that. Its no wonder that I've gotten the Thief of the day/week 12 times out of 13 days this month. There's no feasible way this leaves room for any player to grow as quickly as me.
- Thus while giving people 2 villages to start gives the fast players their second quicker, it also accelerates their 3rd 4th and 5th etc.
- I think that making the second count towards noble limit is 100% neccessary to curb this snowball. But what other ways do you intend to manage this?

====Will there be any cost/benefit mechanic?====
- ie./ will it be more beneficial for me to just farm and build up hard and noble a 2nd village.
- I think the noble limit would heavily play into this.

I also dislike it because when we finally get our endgame feature, it will leave 2x the amount of player villages to take out.

Put a decent amount of effort into this, just like my endgame post, so don't blow me off with a 3 line answer again please.

DeletedUser40

Kelewyn and I'm on Rudimentum. I think there is a new player city where my second was.
It seems that the timer for building your 2nd village ran out and it turned into a barbarian. You only have 14 days to build it, since the feature was implemented (which differs from when the front end of it were implemented).

DeletedUser40

I would like to test this feature, is there any plans for a fresh world to open up on beta? I think that's the best way to fair test / see how this feature should be developed. Or alternatively could you point me toward another servers new world starting soon that will have this feature?
No, there is not yet.

Eg, "Pay2Win" players generally pay at the start of the world to get ahead, this appears to me to give them double the advantage early on.
2nd village is without pay features. There is 50 tasks to complete to get the village. 10 tasks a day can be finished. It will therefore take a minimum of 5 days to get this village.

====Does that village count towards noble limit? ====
It will count in with the normal flow of the villages. However, you will be given two coins, when finishing the 2nd village. So nothing really changed here.

====How do you plan to limit snowballing?====
As with the above it will be counted as a normal village, once it is done.
It can quickly benefit one to build this village.

I also dislike it because when we finally get our endgame feature, it will leave 2x the amount of player villages to take out.
This would only be a good thing though. Keeping players more engaged in the game, from start to finish, will keep more players active throughout the lifespan of a server, making an endgame feature much more enjoyable for everyone.

DeletedUser1625

I get what you are saying about it being without pay features but past day 5 (Which I guessed) They WILL then have the second village in order to accelerate doubly ahead of the competition.

I really do like the idea of 2 coins. No downside to taking the second is a shame as it closes out a lot of potential for tactics.

I'll wait to see if it changes anything in terms of keeping people active. I can't imagine that will change apart from the 1-2month users. 1 week users will still go inactive after a week and the 6 month players will have 6months to get many more than two villages. I will be interested to see how many players can be 'upgraded' in terms of their stay on the world though.

Where can I find out when new worlds start ( I don't mind what language the server is )

DeletedUser40

I get what you are saying about it being without pay features but past day 5 (Which I guessed) They WILL then have the second village in order to accelerate doubly ahead of the competition.

I really do like the idea of 2 coins. No downside to taking the second is a shame as it closes out a lot of potential for tactics.

I'll wait to see if it changes anything in terms of keeping people active. I can't imagine that will change apart from the 1-2month users. 1 week users will still go inactive after a week and the 6 month players will have 6months to get many more than two villages. I will be interested to see how many players can be 'upgraded' in terms of their stay on the world though.

Where can I find out when new worlds start ( I don't mind what language the server is )

Not sure there is a site where upcoming worlds are shown, but EN open worlds quite frequently. If you register there now, you'll still get the 2nd village, if you only want it to test :)

I understand your concern for the long run usage of these 2nd villages, but if we increase the number of active users with this feature it may very well be worth it, to add more users to the mid/end game.