DeletedUser40

Dear Warriors!

We are going through the impressions of the new homeguard system, which was set in place to balance the sabotages.

Our game designers would want to hear how this new features helps balance it.
Have it helped the sabotages, or is it still the same?
Please provide us with your feedback about the topic.

Aethelhelm

In my opinion it's reversed now. It seems sabotages almost have no chance of getting through and their is a smaller chance of hitting the tavern if it's at lvl 15.

Can't we just have sabotages removed from the game? Would make a lot of people a lot less angry.

DeletedUser2656

In my opinion it's reversed now. It seems sabotages almost have no chance of getting through and their is a smaller chance of hitting the tavern if it's at lvl 15.

Can't we just have sabotages removed from the game? Would make a lot of people a lot less angry.

you speak to me from the soul!!
these sabos are the pure bullshit, immature and not well thought out
like so much here in the game is just too much done on random
and also the home guard has changed not too much at the idiocy sabos
if 6,7 or 8 people run with Sabo's on you, come a total of, let´s say, 1000 sabos, which are then at least100-200 successfully, and destroy a building - without which one can however do something.
that has nothing to do with a real-time strategy, this is more a shooting game, where it goes to destroy

DeletedUser940

alot of people dont know how to use sabotage tactically yet. its a feature that some people are just using left and right with no real tactics involved. however I have been using it tactically. i had someone super stack villages in my territory so instead of spending all my nukes to eliminate them out of my territory i utilized sabotage to sabotage the buildings they nobled until they didnt have a church in any of the villages and then i nuked it far easier and kicked them out of my territory. as well, someone countered that via building a chapel in the villages they took... so now i have to continually sabotage those villages and keep them down until i can have the time to time nukes and nobles to hit the chapel and take it and then hit the other villages he took right after so i can eliminate the stacked villages. as well sabotage can be tactically use in larger scales in a war. normally you cant hit the back line hard in a war. well now you can attack the front line with normal tactics and then the back line you can weaken via sabotages. that way the back line isnt growing stronger while you are taking out the front lines. people just havent learned how to use this unique feature

on another note i like the homeguard feature. it provides a decent defense although makeing it lvl 14 tavern homeguard might be a bit beefy. but ill take it. i still believe tribe mates should be able send their spies as support but atm the homguard is a decent balance. im not sure how well it will do in large scale war. people may get tired of sabotages failing in large scale wars and quit using it. possibly making a feature that makes it easier to send sabotages from a large amounts of villages faster may be better. like adding a coordinates to the tavern so you can go

--->set coords
--->set number of spies desired to send
--->choose task
--->send spies
---> next village (if coords were set in previous village coords stay set if tavern still up. )

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2159

Re- Posting from my original thread since this thread seems to be more recent :)

Hi guys, I have been away for a while, but looking into playing again...

How is the sabotage at the moment? Has the Homeguard fixed it?

I have browsed around and I like some of the ideas, however I still feel like the designers should look at sabotaging holistically:
  • To me as a player it is all about risk vs reward. I.e. if I am sending sabotages as a tribe, there is a risk of time (to build spies and to send the attacks) and resources (which it costs to build the spies). Late game the resource risk becomes almost negligible.
  • The possible reward is destroying building levels of the opponent's ville. This reward should be weighed against the risk referred to above. The resource and (especially the) time cost for re-building buildings is obviously a lot larger than the risk of sending spies and rebuilding the spies.
I still like my original idea of being able to send supporting spies to your tribesmates, it would balance things better than the homeguard, which is just % based, but I would like to know from people currently playing what they think. I really love this game and would like to get back into it, but i dont want to if the sabotage spamming is going to be as bad as it was when I stopped playing.

Anyways, would love to hear what you guys think.