Combat mechanism?

juv95hrn

I have scrolled back a lot of pages here in the FAQ section and found nothing on this...

When I attack a village, does it matter if it is barbarian or human? I will get a much lower combat strength when targeting human villages. Why is this? Does it include the malus for the target villages walls or is there a special effect when attacking humans?

How does morale work? It varies between 0.5 and 2.0. I have read that with more troops categories morale should go down but as far as I can see morale goes UP when I add new troop types. Is higher number morale worse?

In and out of province difference with church and Paladin seems to work, although I am not certain a 2nd village in a province with a church in another village will get 100% attack bonus.

Some mouse over advice for these funtions would be a good idea.

DeletedUser894

You can attack a barb out of province (or in one) and there is no morale to consider, you will always have 100%. This allows you to efficiently farm with out worrying. If you are attacking a player owned villa and they are the same size as you your morale will be 100%, if they are larger than you your morale will be 100% but if they attack you there's will be lower, thus making it hard for a large player to take out a smaller one. This allows smaller players a chance against bigger ones.

Your troop count does not effect morale, its points that determine it.

You need a church if you take a villa in a new province otherwise your troops and any supporting you will be effectively at half strength. Once you have a church in a new province, any attacks you send out from a different province to that one will have church coverage and fight at full strength.

Here is a link to the wikki, further searching will also reveal more information on morale.

DeletedUser924

Just to clarify farming out of provence will still be subject to the faith loss but typically barbs have no walls thus you will not have to worry about losing any troops.

DeletedUser894

Yes, if there are walls or if it is a player owned villa gone barb and has troops in it you will still lose troops.