Church and Provinces

SechulLath

It seems to me that the way provinces and churches interact will lead to some serious issues in mid-game. Specifically, when there is a province with stacked villages it will be next to impossible to bust through if only one nuke per attacker is at full strength. In TW1 this effect is mitigated because churches have a radius, thus there is always a border that can be pushed. In TW2, the provinces create fixed borders. There are two potential solutions to this:
1.) Make level 3 churches provide religion to adjacent provinces. This is a pretty drastic solution. It would cut down dramatically on the number of churches required but would also make that one lvl 3 church that much more important.
2.) Allow one paladin per province. This would also be a huge difference from traditional TW gameplay but I think it would be a welcome one. It creates an incentive for players to noble out of province and would make mid-game where players have 50+ villages much more dynamic and interesting.

DeletedUser1647

2.) Allow one paladin per province. This would also be a huge difference from traditional TW gameplay but I think it would be a welcome one. It creates an incentive for players to noble out of province and would make mid-game where players have 50+ villages much more dynamic and interesting.

That is an idea I really like, and is feasible in this game.

DeletedUser80

At the moment it isn´t planned to change something at the current system. But I will forward this thread to our devs. Maybe they can give you a more detailed answer.

DeletedUser924

As to point #2. the only complaint is that this would give people a massive number of reduced support travel times. thus unbalancing the game for the supporter even more. it would have to be countered with and only one support can be sent at pally speed at any given time or one paly is devoted as the prime paladin and only he can speed up the support. though as i think about even these might not work. But the way you suggest it would actually make no change because while you fight stronger the enemies stacks will be that much stronger with the decreased travel time and if there are 5 palys does that mean 5 items activated? thus i have 5 villages with baptistes banner or all items active in one village?