Being nobled

DeletedUser1622

After experiencing an unfortunate loss of my village I now see that virtually everything is restored to stage zero.
Its like starting all over from square one with your eyes covered and hands tied behind your back.
Losing your levels...fair enough. losing your troops and progress...fair enough.
But what about the restart of your quests? They stay at the position I was in with my old village which means no bonusses along the way.
And what about the items you have paid for with crowns? In fact the money you spent gets taken away.

DeletedUser123

Hi Sir Wise,

That is the intended behavior of the quests. And you did not lose any of your items, all items can be found in Inventory.

DeletedUser1622

Yes i did lose all researches for instance.
I get its the intended behaviour of the quests, but the game makes me do the entire startup again.
Quests are an essential part of starting up.
Without them you get extra punished.

Aven

Yeoman
While you might not have quests, hopefully you have a tribe that can send you resources.

DeletedUser1622

Thats another fun thing thats very helpful.
You get put in the most remote of area's.
Travel times to others are in decades. (tho I chose to be located near tribemates)
In my province is one barbarian and thats it...

DeletedUser1622

Okay devs after experiencing this for two days I advise you to reconsider the severity of the effects of losing your village.
This for sure will make people leave the game.
Its a list of disadvantages you have to face combined with the initial disappointment of losing at all.
-you lose items you bought with crowns
-you arent supported with bonusses for quest like other starting players (which makes your neighbours level up considerably faster)
-you are put in the background of the game without serious possibilities of getting help (supporttimes are just too long)
-you are put in remote desert, even barbarians refuse to live here
Im thinking that quitting and restarting with a new account is tenfold more easier.
Which Im considering of doing.

DeletedUser80

The Quests are an Tutorial which should teach you the essentials. Therefor you can´t play them again after you´re nobled (That´s also in TW1). Your bought items should be stored in your inventory. If there are no or less Barbarians, the world are full of players and they are nobled from them.

DeletedUser1622

I understand the tutorial aspect of quests, but you forget about the rewards you are missing out compared to your neighbours in the same phase.
In a bit they will get rewarded troops like catapults and defeated players dont.
and like I said not every purchase is restored.
My advice quit the game and use a new account, you are far better of.

DeletedUser1622

On this point the game's wiki is slightly misleading and manipulative.

DeletedUser80

Yes, that´s right. If there are completely new players, they have a little advantage concerning the recources and troops. But you have the big advantage, that you still know the basics of TW2.
What´s misleading?

And lease use propective the edit-function for your posts ;)

DeletedUser1795

Quests are a big help not only for beginners but also for experienced players that got nobled, you should totally start a new account or at least start a new server with the same account.

DeletedUser1775

Well, in my opinion, I agree with both sides :) The "start over" is like 90% harder then create the new account. And I would not repeat the Tutorial quests. I would suggest to create a recovery quests. For ex. "Hi there! It looks like you have been beaten, don't worry, I'll help you to overcome it, let's start by doing XXXXXXXX.". You would minimalize creating new accounts for this reason.

DeletedUser40

*Zeus* said:
Well, in my opinion, I agree with both sides :) The "start over" is like 90% harder then create the new account. And I would not repeat the Tutorial quests. I would suggest to create a recovery quests. For ex. "Hi there! It looks like you have been beaten, don't worry, I'll help you to overcome it, let's start by doing XXXXXXXX.". You would minimalize creating new accounts for this reason.
Excellent idea. I will forward this to our devs.

Sir Wise said:
I understand the tutorial aspect of quests, but you forget about the rewards you are missing out compared to your neighbours in the same phase.
In a bit they will get rewarded troops like catapults and defeated players dont.
and like I said not every purchase is restored.
My advice quit the game and use a new account, you are far better of.

What exactly is it, that you feel you have lost?
Could you list the things, so we can have a look at it.

From what you wrote so far, you haven't lost anything. Technologies is bound to a village and the buildings levels. So those are not considered lost.

DeletedUser1622

Lol with that definition you will always lose anything you paid for.
Everything is related to the village you once owned.
In the last phase before getting nobled by a credit card player, I tried to maximise all possible.
Ive not written down all that i did.
I now only got my building slots back and Im pretty sure I used crowns for far more.
But its okay. Part of the game. I now learnt to not use crowns anymore.

Thank you for replies.
I support the creation of a rebuild-village vigourously bc I think like this the game will lose players.

Ps. One last question tho. In case you have sent all your troops on reinforcement mission at the point you get nobled. Will you lose them?

DeletedUser1775

I think that all troops belongs to village, so if you send them on reinforcement to another village and this village is nobled you will lose them.

DeletedUser1622

More specific: the nobled has his troops out on reinforcement. So these troops wont get killed by the nobling but he loses his village. Will troops disappear anyway?

DeletedUser40

*Zeus*;n18097 said:
I think that all troops belongs to village, so if you send them on reinforcement to another village and this village is nobled you will lose them.

That is true.