Rejected army recruiting idea

DeletedUser949

could there be a change in the barracks so you can recruit units on foot,units on horse etc separately?..i just thought it would be really slow if you w8 to recruit like 2000 axeman in order to recruit some lc and via versa and it would significantly slow down offensive players at start and at endgame i guess a pain in the ass

DeletedUser894

Why set 2k troops recruiting in 1 go? I split mine up to keep my res balanced atm. If you change your mind you can always cancel and add a new troop to build.

DeletedUser905

Zaen;n8233 said:
Why set 2k troops recruiting in 1 go? I split mine up to keep my res balanced atm. If you change your mind you can always cancel and add a new troop to build.
Point is not in to keep res spending balanced, but in TW1 you can recruit foot solders, cavalry and siege engines simultaneously in 3 different buildings. Now all type of troops are recruited in one building. Now building nukes is 3 time slower than in TW1.

DeletedUser831

zapatistas;n8185 said:
could there be a change in the barracks so you can recruit units on foot,units on horse etc separately?..i just thought it would be really slow if you w8 to recruit like 2000 axeman in order to recruit some lc and via versa and it would significantly slow down offensive players at start and at endgame i guess a pain in the ass

I haven't got a clue why your recruiting 2000 axemen, or why you need them to get LC.

You will actually find it is far easier to access LC in TW2. For one, you don't need to research them, and upgrade several buildings to get there. It is just a straight bar upgrade. Furthermore, the quest gives you a hefty start with troops so you can get some significant farming in pretty quickly. Axemen are pretty necessary since it practically every player village will contain some spears at least, but you can pretty much skip axes to start as spears are more than sufficient to farm the barbs (no base defence) and you can quickly build up a good number.

I can't remember quite how long it took me to get LC, but I had a good number well before the attack protection of everyone around me ended. Whether things will be so easy with more active farmers around me is debatable, but I was still able to access them in record time.

edufinn said:
Point is not in to keep res spending balanced, but in TW1 you can recruit foot solders, cavalry and siege engines simultaneously in 3 different buildings. Now all type of troops are recruited in one building. Now building nukes is 3 time slower than in TW1.

I believe that the decision to recruit troops all from one building was deliberate. I admit it does slow things down considerably. You can very quickly fill up both the HQ queue and generate an enormous troop queue (last time I checked I was on 160h...).
You could argue that this promotes a more cautious approach as it becomes harder to recover from high losses in the early game, which could have the advantage of meaning players that would traditionally be farmed to death may stay around longer, which could be positive for the game in the long run. Might also promote more intelligent play later on too.

I don't really think is a problem. Everyone is going to have the same problem.

DeletedUser949

hmmm well i am just thinking with my old tw1 logic,maybe the attacking strategies,recruiting patterns etc will change here...but as i'm conciderned it will be impossible having lost like 20nukes to recover them, it will be extremely slow...think if you want to make a nuke you'll have to make axes and lc and rams all in the same building :F...

DeletedUser831

zapatistas;n8512 said:
hmmm well i am just thinking with my old tw1 logic,maybe the attacking strategies,recruiting patterns etc will change here...but as i'm conciderned it will be impossible having lost like 20nukes to recover them, it will be extremely slow...think if you want to make a nuke you'll have to make axes and lc and rams all in the same building :F...

Which is a problem that everyone will have. Strategically and tactically players and tribes might play a more cautious, and hopefully a more intelligent game.

You could also try and compensate for the problem by increasing the number of offensive villages compared to defensive villages. The game does favour a defender quite a bit, so fewer defensive villages might be acceptable.
Also it might just be zerks and rams you end up building :p

DeletedUser924

Britanicus;n8347 said:
I haven't got a clue why your recruiting 2000 axemen, or why you need them to get LC.

Have you never lost a nuke and set 6K axe to build all at once lat game?

I've done this for hundred's of villages simultaneously several times utiliing the mass recruit features of PA in TW.

DeletedUser894

But this isn't TW1 and we have to play a different way. Here I would recruit in batches, so if i lost my nuke (i don't currently have a full nuke to lose) I would keep my res balanced by recruiting in batches (say 100-500 at a time) of different troops needed.