Alliance member reports

Barbiearian

Squire
I have been unable to read members reports, even after they are attacked - nothing shows up in their recent reports or whatever, and we are reliant on them sharing the link, or a screenshot. Is this a bug, or deliberate (coz not seeing other members reports isn't very conducive to an 'alliance' game). Apparently we didn't even see an incoming alert when he was being attacked - but I can't confirm this as I wasn't online - but I'm guessing they missed it - coz showing when alliance members are under attack is normal?

DeletedUser905

In this game you cannot see attacks coming to the other players and you cannot see others players reports even from same alliance. I'm not sure I've understood you correct. Players can send reports by mail or post them on the forum using Link button. This is the only way you can see other's reports in TW. In TW tripwire was used as a trick to know when your alliance member was attacked.

Barbiearian

Squire
oh - how strange. Then perhaps a moderator might move this thread to the correct place. It always amazes me that 'features' which are considered normal in a genre can be overlooked so easily.

DeletedUser905

I've played several similar games and in all of those games was not possible to see attacks and reports of other players even from same alliance. In what game did you seen this feature?

Barbiearian

Squire
would be one I could mention. From my perspective, whatever can be done to make the game have more of an 'alliance' feel, can only be for the good of the game. The more that members feel part of a team, the greater the likelihood they want to stick around playing. Incoming alliance attack indicator, and the ability to read reports of players who have attacked/been attacked are no different to having the ability to have live chat in an alliance, in my mind - things that you miss if you have had them - and something that, if missing, gives a dated feel to the game. I understand if TW1 did not have these features - the game was designed many years ago - but this is a new game, so should have 'modern' features imo.

DeletedUser905

If the feature is present in only 1 game, it hardly can be considered normal for the genre. Let's split your suggestion in 2 parts.

Part 1: Reports
It is not possible to see other players reports and for this there is a good reason: security. There is always spies in the alliances or at least someone, who is passing intel to the enemy. Seeing alliance players reports is a good source of information about players troops. Someone can send 1 spear to the village and spy will be able to tell him exact amount of the troops in the village.
But it is still possible to share reports in TW2 using link. One feature I miss in report linking is an ability to hide your own troops and resources.

Part 2: Attacks on allies
If I remember correctly in some games (maybe even in TW1) alliance leaders and warlords were able to see incomings to other members, but that was never visible to regular members. There is also reason for this was implemented like it's implemented now in TW2. I'm not a leader of the tribe and don't know what leader can see and what he cannot see. I would say that it would be nice to add more granularity in the tribe structure. For example add some warlord position in the tribe (in TW1 there was baron or something), which will be able to see active and inactive players and he can also see incomings to other tribe members. But that there should either separate tab in Overview or extra filter. Otherwise at later stage it would be difficult to distinguish incomings to own villages from incomings to members villages.

In game alliance chat (but not global chat, please) would be nice to have.

DeletedUser1448

Its always better to build in these features and given players the option to disable

DeletedUser1379

Only way i know of how anyone can see what another person got attacked with is for the person to link or forward the report to you or posting it on the tribal forum
first one makes it easier if your looking at supporting them and you can handle the support on your own
the second one makes it easier for the whole tribe to support the person being attacked.
then again i'm sort of partial to using tripwire if i'm playing defensively even then that doesn't tell you the whole story it only tells you that the person has been attacked but not with what if i remember it right

DeletedUser1617

kindred;n15514 said:
Its always better to build in these features and given players the option to disable
I think you did not get it. If every member of the tribe can see the reports of attacks on players, there might be a spy that will use it against him and tell the other tribe that the player has no troops and can be raided. It can not be only inactive player but also he can be attacked by multiple enemies and can lose all his units.
"Tripwire" is very common in other games that have these reports visible for members as well. I think making the leader able to see all reports of his tribe would make sense.