Rejected A few ideas

• Thread starter DeletedUser1587
  • Start date

DeletedUser1587

I think that archers should get an additional bonus when fighting defensive battles with a wall (I think they should be able to climb on the wall and use that as an advantage), also i suggest some upgrades to the wall, like balista towers, etc.
Another idea I had was to be able to upgrade units, like for ridiculous prices.
Also the city should have a stable (no matter if you can recruit cavalry there or not), I think of it just like a source to provide those horses, otherwise how do they get horses (maybe this is not a good idea, but I was just wondering..)

PS. sorry about the name of the topic I just noticed its not according to the rules, but can't change it now.

DeletedUser589

I think that sounds pretty cool, like being able to advance your units some how by using resources in advancing there fighting tactics or something, I think something needs to be done for the defensive units by making them stronger, because the way I see they are way to under powered. While the offensive players with offensive units hold all the power in the game because the offensive units are over powered.

(*.*)

Earl
I can't agree with first idea :) Archers are very strong now. It was also in TW1 archers was too strong :). There are provinces and when you will want conquer village in province where you have not church..you can send 10 full off attacks and you can't conquer the village :)
When you are building your villages well you can have about 20 000 free slots for units... You need minimal 2 full off to destroy it in province with 100 morale :)

DeletedUser1587

@(*.*) You are maybe right, but this game has not much to do with original TW (we have new units after all, 4e:bersekers), Also you say you need min 2 full nukes, well think a bit, in real life u got a city with enourmous walls (talking about lvl 20 wall) and 20K troops inside (lets say 6K archers), all on those walls+ balistas, trebuchets.. you think you could take that without heavy loses?

DeletedUser905

This just a game, not medieval simulator. I don't really care how everything was happening in real life, I just care that game should be fluent and interesting. If someone don't know how to play this game, they just have to learn it. At the end it's not that difficult, just have to be patient and take his time. Try and fail, try and fail. And even players who know how to play this game, do mistakes and fail sometime.

What come to loosing villages, this is an entire idea of this game, to conquer all villages or at least more than your opponents. It might sound rude, but will say it: if someone wants to build nice looking village peacefully, he have to look for other game. This game is tribal WARS. There would be never peace in this game, only constant war.

(*.*)

Earl
Edufinn have true :)

TheBlackOne:

This game is very easy for defender :) When you play defensive style from start nobody can destroy you.... Nobody go again hight wall and when you play well when somebody will have rams you should have enough defensive units again 5 these attakcs :)

DeletedUser924

The problem with boosting archers is that the wall is almost always going to be a factor so this would effectively buff every archer in the game. Now I can't agree with edufinn this is a medieval style game so it should be as close to medieval style war as possible without compromising functionality. There aren't any tanks or planes here for a reason. My first thought is this effect already calculated into the archers base stats? Then about the comment that you have 20,000 mean behind a wall in RL while i agree there will be heavy lose usually however keep in mind catapults launched from a distance made the walls more of a trap than a shield. Those that didn't have catapults suffered outrageous loses but those who launched catapult barrages with archer salvos before storming in with rams and cavalry did not suffer near as many loses. Keep in mind the strategy aspect of this game is taking directly from the way war was waged in this time. Now i would say something like added a technology to use greek fire on your catapults to cause extra damage to the buildings would make more since. Say it would give a 5% boost to damage done but would be limited to half the catapults because the resource was expensive and hard to come by which is why it was not used for every fight and every catapult launch. As for the ballista what would their benefit be? how much of a defense boost and how high of a cost? As far as upgrading units go we already have it that the paladin weapons upgrade i think upgrading troops would add to many factors into the game. as it is we have to calculate the level of wall, amount of troops, type of troops, morale and faith, number of hospital beds, and province boost. All of these can be found easily enough but paladin weapons, level of paladin weapons, and spy sabotages are all unknowns. with this many unknown factors already what good would adding the unknown troop level to it do? This game is different from TW1 in that you knew everything then. the reports even told you the pally items used and the flags used so you knew what factors were at play against you.

DeletedUser1587

You are right about the wall being a trap, but if we are going to talk about RL, so thick walls (like these lvl 20 look) would take a while to breach, even with, lets say 30 catapults firing at the same spot ( i dont think more than that could attack the same spot), which would give plently of time for the archers on that part of the wall to figure out when the wall is going to collapse and run to another part. Dont worry people were not that stupid to build walls just to kill their men with them. Balistas would be used as a counter-measure for cav stacks, as there are not many ways to counter full LC stack or LC+MA stacks(nukes), they would have 350 D vs cavalry and 350 D vs Archers.