Rejected Yes, yes. I know, army camps are a bad idea.

Jariid

In replying to an idea regarding intercepting incoming attacks, I stumbled upon an idea I had a long time ago, and yes it's been discussed before. But before you reject it, perhaps read my logic in balancing/organising this idea, perhaps to archive, rather than think of as unsuitable for instantaneous implementation.

How the concept would work.
Simply put, you'd move to occupy a tile.
~This would require a severe amount of provisions depending on how far from your village it is, this will be a monstrous amount, (for example: 2000 provision per tile, essentially making it a close range attack location only)
Secondly, the tile would require an amount of resources in order to construct, and would take perhaps a nobleman's speed in order to send, and then perhaps 5 hours to build.

The mini-base will have these features.
~A wall equivalent to half of the wall where the mini-base was sent from. (Max wall 10)
~Once encountered/spied the area will be marked on the map for those who have encountered it.
~The base can plunder villages from adjacently located barbarian villages. the more troops in the camp, the more plunder you get. (A third of what plundering usually grants. (Logic Reason: the resources are needed to supply the camp) This feature can make or break farming areas, and can put your growth on hold, should you be needing to farm to progress)
~The base can be garrisoned by units at the cost of one farm-space per unit from the village it was sent from, so if you send troops out, you've got a big gap missing in your provisions that would usually taken up by more troops/buildings.
~The garrisoned units can be set to "Intercept" mode, and engage incoming attacks in three modes. Engage all, harass, scout. Each three are clear in meaning, with harass being simply slowing the speed of the attacking army by a ratio determined by what ratio of troops are in the harassing party vs the travelling party.
~You can send attacks from this base location, to any location on the map, as per usual. and should you have a paladin and the 100% morale boost, then you will have that also.

The ideas of the army-camp style mini-base is to give a great hindrance to the player who wishes to employ it's potential. Yes, you can stack the villages, but it will also put your preparation in jeopardy since the provisions will be missing from your possible grand total.

Plz donut reject this immediately.

DeletedUser80

If we reject a idea it isn't forever. BUT at the moment our devs won't implement army camps or sth like that. Therefor I'll reject it for the moment.

Jariid

Fatal_Error;n27525 said:
If we reject a idea it isn't forever. BUT at the moment our devs won't implement army camps or sth like that. Therefor I'll reject it for the moment.

yeah, it's a little complex to just chuck in I suppose.