Rejected What We Want in a Premium Service

DeletedUser894

I have read your post and disagree with most of it, you are talking about taking standard features and turning them in to pay features. This disadvantages players on a limited budget even more than is current.

DeletedUser

Zaen;n23854 said:
I have read your post and disagree with most of it, you are talking about taking standard features and turning them in to pay features. This disadvantages players on a limited budget even more than is current.

Its all about balancing. In the first TW, you only gained the advantage of time management with the purchase of a premium package. That is what almost all of the items in that list accomplish. The only 'advantage' you gain is being able to see the same information/accomplish the same outcome with fewer mouse clicks or less time analyzing information. A non paying player would have no disadvantage if they are willing to orgainze their information in a manner suitable to efficiently managing their farming resources and village growth (by using excel or other tools for example). A few items on the list are purely aesthetic and obviously impart no advantage.

It was meant as a collective starting point to shift the focus away from the 'pay to win' that many users have complained about (myself included) and towards something that could compete more effectively in the long term development of game worlds (purely in terms of revenue for innogames). If there are say 10k players and you can attract 50% to buy a premium package for an average of 1 year, then that could offset a few 'whales' that purchase heavily for a few months until they burn out because all non paying players have abandoned a game world. When you compound that over the dozens of server worlds they start up in all the .us, .en, .etc it should be competitive. If it wasn't then TW1 would have failed years ago, yet it flourished and made the name for them that allowed expansion into their other titles.

DeletedUser1883

What "WE" want (me, myself and I) is to have the feature of "buying troops" removed. .

DeletedUser

I understand that. This however is meant as a list we can submit to innogames to consider as an alternative to pushing p2w features. What are your thoughts on the items from the list? Do you have anything you would add to it?

DeletedUser2139

zubbs1;n23879 said:
I In the first TW, you only gained the advantage of time management with the purchase of a premium package. That is what almost all of the items in that list accomplish.

It is not true.

1.With premium points a player can save his villages which a free to play player can not.
2. With premium points a player can outgrow his neighbors,conquer them and dominate his zone.

I do not have the space here to explain why but if you insist, i will but it is a long list .

If you do not like the feature of buying troops, do not buy them and tell your mates not to buy them.
As long as enough players are willing to buy, the feature will stay in the game.

We can not be financial advisers but our comportment influences their decisions.

DeletedUser

I played TW1 from 2005-2008. The premium offer that I received allowed a larger viewable map, three building slots per village, an easier interface to switch between villages, and I believe storing of reports into unique folders. Nothing that was offered did anything but save you time. After reading things around the forums here, I understand they added using scripts to auto farm etc., which I would be against. None of those features were available when I played, so I tried to only include things in the list that were in keeping with my point of reference. Again, this is meant to show innogames an alternative. Its better to be proactive and offer the upside versus just telling them how *insert favorite negative comment about P2W features* their current system is.

I'd gladly hear your thoughts on why you think individual items in the list are overpowering for a paid player.

DeletedUser2139

They added in TW1 since you played:
- boost the resources with 20% (outgrow your neighbors)
- cut the cost of buildings with 20 % (outgrow the neighbors)
- cut in half the construction time, or instant building (building the church before the recapturing attack)
  • 5 building slots (building the wall in your sleep)
  • A customization quick bar, that allows to run approved scripts( skill for money http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthre...proved-Scripts)
  • Customized attack notifications which means they send an email when it is an incoming attack (Yup, you set a loud ring tone to your e-mail and can go happily to sleep.)
    So when you played in 2008 and you were attacked you could:
  • build the wall over night in your sleep. For each level of the wall means the wall bonus helps you save the village with no effort on your part. Me, a free to play player must stay awake to build the wall. 1,2, 3 nights, no problem, more the 3 nights mistakes starts to happen.Mistakes means losing a village or more.
  • You could rename the incoming attacks as they started:fake, nuke, noble. At 100 or more incoming attacks I had to stay with 10 paper pages on my desk, squeezing between the lines the new attacks that started by coordinates. 1,2,3, nights attacks , no problem, more then 3 nights mistakes starts to happen.Mistakes means losing a village or more.
    Yes, it could be done and I could lead tribes with 60-300 players but do not say it was not a big advantage on your part to have premium account.
So let them worry about the financial matters and us focus on the game and in TW2 because of the bugs incoming attacks disapear from the list 2 min. before the reports of the attacks, or that the incoming attacks are listed under the wrong village, or the command screen is black and does not show anything, or that the attacks you send arrives at a wrong time and comes back at a wrong time etc.

DeletedUser80

We know that you guys are annoyed through our premium model. However it isn´t a change planned yet. Please read our "payment philosophy" for more informations.

DeletedUser

maat;n24009 said:
They added in TW1 since you played:
- boost the resources with 20% (outgrow your neighbors)
- cut the cost of buildings with 20 % (outgrow the neighbors)
- cut in half the construction time, or instant building (building the church before the recapturing attack)
  • 5 building slots (building the wall in your sleep)
  • A customization quick bar, that allows to run approved scripts( skill for money http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthre...proved-Scripts)
  • Customized attack notifications which means they send an email when it is an incoming attack (Yup, you set a loud ring tone to your e-mail and can go happily to sleep.)
    So when you played in 2008 and you were attacked you could:
  • build the wall over night in your sleep. For each level of the wall means the wall bonus helps you save the village with no effort on your part. Me, a free to play player must stay awake to build the wall. 1,2, 3 nights, no problem, more the 3 nights mistakes starts to happen.Mistakes means losing a village or more.
  • You could rename the incoming attacks as they started:fake, nuke, noble. At 100 or more incoming attacks I had to stay with 10 paper pages on my desk, squeezing between the lines the new attacks that started by coordinates. 1,2,3, nights attacks , no problem, more then 3 nights mistakes starts to happen.Mistakes means losing a village or more.
    Yes, it could be done and I could lead tribes with 60-300 players but do not say it was not a big advantage on your part to have premium account.
So let them worry about the financial matters and us focus on the game and in TW2 because of the bugs incoming attacks disapear from the list 2 min. before the reports of the attacks, or that the incoming attacks are listed under the wrong village, or the command screen is black and does not show anything, or that the attacks you send arrives at a wrong time and comes back at a wrong time etc.

I still contend that none of those features are listed, so no true advantage like those you described would be granted.

DeletedUser

Fatal_Error;n24035 said:
We know that you guys are annoyed through our premium model. However it isn´t a change planned yet. Please read our "payment philosophy" for more informations.

I know this game is still in its infancy in terms of content and bug fixes. This list was just proposed as a discussion point for down the road. Somewhere on one of the global forums was a user created list for what they wanted in a game forum. It generated much discussion and provided insight for the game developers into the direction to possibly take it. That was the intention here; nothing more, nothing less.