What is the best offensive armies?

• Thread starter DeletedUser2507
  • Start date

DeletedUser2507

Hey I want to ask you about offensive army. What is the best? Light cavalry + mounted archers? How many?

d0z3

it depends who u fighting.
light cav is not great against spears
mounted archers are not very good against archers.
more experienced players please correct if i'm wrong

DeletedUser

It really depends on what you want from it. A nuke that takes more than 30 days would be something like 250rams 400 berserkers 6k axemen and 2600 LC (this would be a very strong nuke). The fastest nuke you can build in something like 18 days would be 250 rams and 4600 LC (this would be a weaker nuke than the first).

Due to the fact that things are so slow to move along, many players avoid building the standard infantry defense of 8k Sp 8k SW and 4K archer for example, and do something like 3500 HC or 6k sp and 2600 HC. So the two mentioned nukes would fair quite differently against these different defense builds.

However, what it ultimately comes down to is the rate of attack that you can sustain on your enemy. If you can crank out a strong (not necessarily strongest, just strong) nuke in about 3 weeks, you can wear down an opponent who can retaliate with nukes that take 4-6+ weeks to complete. There is nothing wrong with having different types of nukes based on how and when you think you'll use them.

DeletedUser2507

OK, I see what you typed but I would like to ask another question this time about defensive.

Well, someone told me that the best defensive set is: 5000 spearman, 4000 archers and ~2000 heave cavalry. What do you think? It's good for support but I don't have idea if it's good.

If I build 4600 LC and 250 rams can I nuke that kind of def above? :)

DeletedUser924

I wrote a book but it got erased before posting but here was my results.
If you made the full nuke with archers they survived with
860 spear 912 archer 435.2 HC (use you imagination as to what happens to that 20% of a horse)

now if they used the nuke above
The D has 665000 D and you have 598000 attack power
550 spear 440 archers 220 HC.

now this makes perfect since as both archer and HC are weak to cav. and the make up 54% of units and 73% of the farm space.
But in neither case will one nuke Clear a full D unless there is no wall and no faith.

DeletedUser1587

Ask samurai how good my solo LC (sometimes with MA) nukes were, no matter what the defense is

DeletedUser2007

rusiano, the def village you propose would get killed easily using the following offensive build:
NGt4zJr.png

Extra info: both village have faith, the optimal build does not include berserkers and is based off 20k provisions.
Please note: the Paladin is using a morning star level 1 in this battle
Also note that the ram-impact formule is not 100% accurate compared to the actual game (it's close, but not exact yet)

Including berserkers in the battle (assuming the ability of double power triggers when the infantry group would lose when attacking) an offensive built:
WpaYv0S.png

This time the Paladin uses a battle axe level 2 to power the axe fights.
Also here note the wall damaging is not 100% accurate.

The proposed offensive build would not make it against your proposed defensive build.
1xbP8UL.png

As with the previous battle result, also here the wall damaging is not 100% accurate.

And last but not least, your very strong nuke can be defended against easily...
DXPZuVa.png

Please note again that wall damage is not 100% accurate and also the trebuchets calculation is currently unknown to me, I assume trebs fight rams pre-battle (before rams do their pre-battle ramming) but I'm not certain of that and don't know the formula for it either, so it's not even included in this calculation.
The other 2 attack tabs suggest the usage of a Paladin (in both of them) with one having the banner lvl 1 for heavy cav, and the other having the halberd (for spears) level 3. - losses are equal across all 3 battles, regardless of the paladin + respective weapon usages mentioned.

It's even a very beneficial defense since you can rebuild your defense much faster than the attacker can rebuild his "very strong nuke" (which isn't that strong afterall)

DeletedUser924

Look at the rebuild times as thats the most important part here. You say the LC nuke isn't as strong but when you factor itn that you can hit it with 1.5 nukes instead of 1 in the same time it takes you to rebuild the ae nuke its much stronger. Next the zerk nukes do not have accurate build times. it takes 11 days to rebuild the lost zerks if you could afford to keep queues running around the clock and how many people can spare that many resources to do that with those zerks? most wouldn't have them back for a month and that is active farming every day all day all villages dry. otherwise you have to stop build stop training spies and spend nothing on coins at the same time you flood resources into it to keep the queues running. in terms of one hit clear these are right but in terms of clearing the village the fastest and having your nukes back the fastest these are completely wrong.
my question about these simulators is do they run on TW1 terms or TW2. because to my knowledge TW1 did have axes fighting a percentage of troops then cav fighting a percentage of troops then MA using a trickle down effect.. They might have but I do not recall it being that way.

DeletedUser2007

Samuri 4 life;n28264 said:
Look at the rebuild times as thats the most important part here. You say the LC nuke isn't as strong but when you factor itn that you can hit it with 1.5 nukes instead of 1 in the same time it takes you to rebuild the ae nuke its much stronger. Next the zerk nukes do not have accurate build times. it takes 11 days to rebuild the lost zerks if you could afford to keep queues running around the clock and how many people can spare that many resources to do that with those zerks? most wouldn't have them back for a month and that is active farming every day all day all villages dry. otherwise you have to stop build stop training spies and spend nothing on coins at the same time you flood resources into it to keep the queues running. in terms of one hit clear these are right but in terms of clearing the village the fastest and having your nukes back the fastest these are completely wrong.
my question about these simulators is do they run on TW1 terms or TW2. because to my knowledge TW1 did have axes fighting a percentage of troops then cav fighting a percentage of troops then MA using a trickle down effect.. They might have but I do not recall it being that way.

Berserker builds are mostly for those people who have the resources to do so. I myself am at a point where I can keep & rebuild a fair amount of berserkers without breaking my back on resources. That is with 70+ villages to my aid having 90% of them optimally build in buildings and recruiting def/off units. This allows me to build 300 to 500 berserkers a day (spread across multiple villages).

Getting back to your point of the lc nuke being much stronger than the axe nuke (8k axe), it's true that you can strike 1.5 times in the same time it takes for the axe nuke to rebuild. Yet the axe nuke can be followed by nobles right away, while the lc nuke needs to be rebuilt, which also gives your opponent the chance to rebuild, reorder and/or stack his village. You might be able to nuke more times, but lose your surprise and take much longer to noble the village.

The simulator I'm using (which I made myself) is based off the information I currently know about TW2 and is fairly accurate if you keep rams outside of the equation as that's one of the things I still don't have 100% accurately figured out. Leaving rams out I obtain exactly the same results when simulating attacks I performed and comparing the result to the report in TW2 itself.

DeletedUser924

I have far more than 70 villages the problem with building beserkers is that then I can only make about 1 noble a day. I have constantly had more targets than nobles to use which is why I say beserkers are not worth the cost. Right now if I got maxed villages and minted max coins saving nothing for troops and buildings i can get 2 nobles tops. well I have 9 nobles and 50 targets to noble so at building 2 or less nobles a day I can't afford beserkers not when LC and MA nukes do so well as it is. of course i optimized my villages to fit rams in with my MA nukes in the past they were better without but now i can nuke a full D with just MA and take the wall down more than 4 levels with good morale and 4 levels with morale at half. And I don't exactly send the same nuke twice. but i send two nukes and start rebuilding them both so i do as well send nobles right a way i just use two villages instead of 1 and still have both my nukes back before the "stronger" axe nukes are rebuilt.