What´s your tactic at the beginning?

DeletedUser936

Hey guys,

one of the more popular threads in TW1 were "how to build your village" or "which units at the beginning". TW2 is only at the beginning, but I miss such a thread in this forum. Especially more experienced players can talk about their tactics (maybe mistakes, too) and their experience in different situations. Also beginners are able to ask their questions or suggest their own tactics.

This can help providing big mistakes at the beginning and it´s good for a comparison with other tactics.

Hope you can imagine, what I propose!

DeletedUser260

I rushed buildings at the start, and almost completely ignored troops. This was viable right up until I had to build an academy, but then the resource costs were so immense I had to pause for a few days to build up solid amount of LC to farm with. However, I was relatively inactive; a more active player might have found it easier to be building troops alongside buildings, as they'd be farming a lot more.

DeletedUser831

I applied the same logic that I applied to TW1, and concentrated on attaining LC, although I was admittedly distracted by the quests a little bit. This worked fine, I outgrew most of the players in the immediate vicinity pretty quickly, and with the tutorial providing me with an easy start to farming, I was able to farm a broad area pretty quickly too.

This worked fine, up to a point. It almost seemed to me at times that I had too much resources. I was able to keep the barracks and HQ running 24/7 easily, and still be piling up resources. I ended up with 160h of troops queuing at the barracks at one point, despite trying to relieve the problem by upgrading it.
It seems to me that this wasn't particularly helpful, and I almost feel that I over-concentrated on troops at the beginning. Having to recruit troops that you won't see for a week, just to keep your warehouse from maxing out, seems pretty pointless to me.

Next time I am going to try a more balanced approach, and concentrate a lot less on mass producing troops. I suspect that building more buildings and not having 160h troops queues will be better for growth at the beginning.

DeletedUser1606

I have the same issue. I'm in a constant cycle of HQ, barracks, farm, warehouse. I keep the HQ and barracks growing so I can build more buildings and troops. Even with that cycle to maximize resource usage I still overflow my warehouse if I farm too much. Farming just seems to be too efficient. I think next time I'm going to keep my warehouse and farm 2-3 levels above my HQ instead of 2-3 levels below my HQ.

DeletedUser905

Farming was and will always be essential in this game. Presets are very good asset for this. At the beginning I have farm preset with 20 spears, then when villages became bigger I'm changing it to 40 spears. Build spears and axes, also some swords and archers until reach LC. Then lc and ma for farming and clearing smaller players around to make more farms. When I get LC, I'm creating another preset with 10LC, bit later change it to 20LC.

Resource production is bit more effective in TW2 than in old one, this is why Warehouse is very important. HQ to reduce building time, barracks for faster recruiting and for unlocking troops. Farm of cause to get enough provisions for troops. Hospital and wall also. Tavern I'm building first up to lvl3 to have 2 spies, then not long after that to lvl6 to have 3 spies. This should give good protection against enemy spies. I don't build statue to lvl5, I'm using unlock tech item to unlock faithful paladin, but statue does not cost much and fast to build.

DeletedUser1617

Britanicus;n9573 said:
This worked fine, up to a point. It almost seemed to me at times that I had too much resources. I was able to keep the barracks and HQ running 24/7 easily, and still be piling up resources. I ended up with 160h of troops queuing at the barracks at one point, despite trying to relieve the problem by upgrading it.
It seems to me that this wasn't particularly helpful, and I almost feel that I over-concentrated on troops at the beginning. Having to recruit troops that you won't see for a week, just to keep your warehouse from maxing out, seems pretty pointless to me.
Do you not think that upgrading the barracks should do it? Or do you mean that you had max barracks and 160 hrs queue?

Anyways, I have played tribalwars-like games for few years, it all seems to me that you just need to build up your own resource production as much as you can during your 7 days beginners protection, then you should farm a lot and it should pretty much do it. Mostly training troops that loot a lot of resources and do not die as easily (also in defense). I wonder how will I play this time. TW2 looks pretty much like the old one.

DeletedUser905

Darddy;n14902 said:
TW2 looks pretty much like the old one.
It does look much like the old one, but it is not. There are lots of differences. I've noticed that resource production in TW2 is much effective and I was straggling the warehouse overflow problem. I ended up upgrading constantly warehouse, farm and periodically hq and barracks and still had to pause farming time after time.

DeletedUser1617

Yes, me too, I play the second day now and both first days my resources almost overflew, I did the missions and farmed every barbarian village around me with only those troops I got from missions as reward. It is pretty quick start. But as the comparison, I was more thinking about the battle system and farming.

Daramak

I am curious to know how do bigger villages do efficient farming? I saw a post here where they got 20M+ of farmed resources. I mean we all know using presets is really really helpful.
But assuming I get to farm 100+s of barbs, are we stuck on just using presets? Like clicking every village in the map and use presets?
I asked because in TW1 we have Loot Assistant where farming is very efficient with just a click of a button, not to mention the use of farming scripts there.

DeletedUser1745

What would be a preferred location for 3rd village? Still in the same province and branch out to the province next door?

DeletedUser1954

Daramak;n18235 said:
I am curious to know how do bigger villages do efficient farming? I saw a post here where they got 20M+ of farmed resources. I mean we all know using presets is really really helpful.
But assuming I get to farm 100+s of barbs, are we stuck on just using presets? Like clicking every village in the map and use presets?
I asked because in TW1 we have Loot Assistant where farming is very efficient with just a click of a button, not to mention the use of farming scripts there.

I'm wondering if there is a easier way to farm myself?